Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Song of Ice and Fire club
PostPosted: June 13th, 2012, 4:28 am 
Istari
Istari

Feast is weakest but I still enjoyed it very much.

And Greyjoys are my fave house :whistle: I love reading about them, with Cersei chapters, their are best for me.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2012, 12:56 am 

Jaime's chapters are making me nervous because they're relatively gentle and about farming and stuff. Obviously this means someone is about to die or be maimed or something. :grr: fff.

So I have yet to watch Season 2 in actual episode format. I've watched all the good scenes on YouTube, since I'm too lazy to hunt down full episodes, but oh my jaysus Blackwater was intense. I can't even think of a good word to describe it beyond a keyboard smash. Dat fire. Whelp.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2012, 11:04 am 

Double-posting. Sssh, I won't tell if you don't.

Two important updates. Number one: http://www.dolldivine.com/game-of-thrones.php This is far more satisfying than it has any right to be. Also more time-wasting. I regret nothing. :P

Number two: Finally finished AFFC. See, I was almost okay with Cersei for awhile. I was like, "oh, she's just misunderstood, she's not really that bad." And then... then the end. No. Goodbye. [spoilers] One does not simply harm Margaery like that. Or any of my Tyrell darlings. :karate:

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2012, 12:03 pm 
Istari
Istari

You seem to be strangely connected with Tyrells :whistle:

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2012, 4:18 pm 

I think I just have a thing for lying manipulative people and they fit the bill perfectly. :P

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2012, 1:47 am 
Istari
Istari

So you must love Littlefinger :lol:

(I love him to death. He is best male character of ASoIaF...)

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2012, 10:17 am 

I do love him, actually. :lol: Littlefinger, Tyrion, the Tyrells, they're all great. Aaaaand then conversely I'm not such a fan of the Starks and Tullys. Just lieeeee you idiots, you'd save a lot of people (including yourselves); screw honor. :P

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2012, 10:19 am 
Istari
Istari

Haha, that's true :lol: I am not huge fan of Starks as well and I openly don't like Tullys ^^ In this world you should be sneaky to survive ^^

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2012, 5:36 pm 

But...but....the Starks! Honor! It's good!

I am very, very new to this fandom. I've seen the first two episodes of season one, but I've really been waiting to read the books. I've almost finished Game of Thrones. And I DO love the Starks. :P Though I'd say my favorites at the moment are Tyrion, Jon, and Arya. Sneaky people are fascinating and wonderful characters, but I don't root for them.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2012, 6:00 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Tyrion, Jon, and Arya seem to be most people's collective favorite characters--I know they're mine. I go back and forth as to whether I like Daenerys or not, and I officially have added Jaime, Sansa, and Brienne to my list of favorites. Sansa especially has really surprised me because I disliked her in book 1 but I've warmed up to her a lot as the books went on (and I love how she's portrayed on the show--Sophie Turner is brilliant) I just know not to get too attached to anyone because GRRM likes to rip people's hearts to shreds... -_-

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2012, 8:24 pm 

I love Tyrion, but truthfully I'm quite indifferent about Jon and Arya. I think Jon is kind of boring--his story goes interesting places but he doesn't really develop with it--and Arya's fine, but she's far from my favorite (through no fault of her own). I like her friends, though; Jaqen and Gendry and I guess to some degree The Hound. That has to be the ultimate unpopular opinion, right?

I wasn't too sure about Daenerys at first because she wasn't quite the awesome character I'd heard about, but she absolutely dominates in Book 3, so she won me over. :P

Nurr, I feel like we should be making you a support basket filled with blankets and tissues and chocolate. :lol:

... Oh, and when it comes to rooting for people, I can't even do it anymore. There's people I like, but I learned the hard way that if I root for them, it ends painfully. xD

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2012, 11:28 pm 

I like The Hound. I think there's something interesting in him that I have yet to find out about. I'm curious about Gendry, I mean I've only met him the one time but there are plenty of gifs floating around of him that make me want to know more. (In all honesty, the photosets with Gendry and Arya were the final push to get me to read the books. I'd seen the first few episodes but wasn't super invested in them but then I knew just enough that these kept nagging at me to want to know the whole backstory.)

I know, I know. GRR Martin is going to rip out my heart and tear it to tiny shreds and then stomp on it. I already saw an accidental spoiler about Robb (gulp) and I can only imagine it will get worse for everybody.

I'll be interested to see how my opinions shift, though. I really am not a fan of Dany, I'm indifferent to others, and curious about some. So we'll see how I feel about everyone in a month's time. :teehee:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 6:40 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Cara, count me in as Martell ;)

I lastly finished A Dance With The Dragons. Not as good as A Storm of Swords but much better than A Feast For Crows.

I love Dany and Tyrion chapters ^^ Hate Lannisters (except mentioned imp) and Tullys. Love Tyrells and Martells.

set by skitty

PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 6:50 am 
Istari
Istari

Loki, you Martell...

I don't like Jon that much; I liked much better at the beginning, now I find some of his chapters very boring. Arya...also have a lot of boring scenes, I prefer to read about her sister.

As for the Daenerys, she won me in first chapter of the Game of Thrones. I love how she bacame a queen from nothing she actually was (with Viserys).

The Hound is very complex and interesting character, I always LOVED to read about him. THe same with Jaqen, the mysteriosu assassin :D

PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 9:31 am 

Ooh, I agree, Jon's chapters in the first book were great. My heart went out to him when he wasn't picked to be a ranger because I know how that feels. Also, shoutout to Sam for being adorable.

I do like how Dany kind of grew a spine, so to speak, during book 1, but I think she doesn't really become a Queen until she starts building her army in A Storm of Swords. That's when she finally takes control and really makes her own choices rather than listening to what everyone else is telling her. :)

As for the Lannisters... no one's mentioned Jaime. Holy character development. :-o He went from being one of my least favorite characters to one of my most favorite. :P

... While you're updating the first page, you should put me under Tyrell. :teehee:

PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 10:35 am 
Istari
Istari

Sam also became boring during his quest to Citadel...all characters from North are losing their shine... :p

Dany building her army is most epic thing in the books. These crows shoting 'mother, mother'...EPIC.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next