Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: ~~The Writing Club~~
PostPosted: March 10th, 2017, 7:40 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Looks interesting! I'll give it a complete read later today! TThanks for sharing!

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 7:26 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Marida wrote:
It's been a while since I posted in this thread, so here's a few updates of what I've been doing lately:

I finally started on my crossover story, but I haven't uploaded it to Ao3 yet (still not sure if it's a good idea).

To test the waters, I'm writing a story based off of an imagine I thought up that I put on Blogger:

http://survivaliststories.blogspot.ca

It seems they've changed a few things in the last year, since I couldn't put the title in the same way as I did with the Secret Santa story I wrote for Jax. I'm writing this to see if I actually can write a post JW story. Like with the story I wrote for Jax, it's written in second person (you instead of her/him), which is how most stories based on imagines are written (even though it's not an official imagine, or at least it won't be until I submit it to an imagine blog on tumblr). :)

Very interesting opener! :) I'm curious as to what they have in store for her.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 11:54 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Got a little more in there. The "en route" part is the most tricky, since I have to describe everything Reader is seeing (I really need to watch Jurassic World again, even though the tale takes place two and half years after). I also added a photo (probably be adding more throughout the story, since it gives you an idea of what everything looks like). :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 8:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

I love visial aids! Lol I like the adult or teen novels that have drawings in them even. Inwish they would do that more with not just kids books. I can imagine what most of it looks like but a picture really brings a story to life and sparks the immagination.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2017, 5:56 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Marida wrote:
I'm still considering going through with my Jurassic Park fan fic, but I still don't know if it's a good idea (since it's similar to Jurassic Park 3, but my characters crash land on Isla Nublar instead of Isla Sorna, but in a helicopter, not an airplane. Another issue is that I have to kill off a character and find a way to make my surviving character, Rebecca Thomas, survive the crash instead of perish like her husband), so that's why I'm putting it off (if I'm unsure of something, I'll put it off until I am). :)

Due to some of the JW2 rumors (darn those writers, threatening Isla Nublar! I didn't like it in the book, and I was hoping they wouldn't go down this route in any of the movies either, by any means! You know I'm only going to have to try and save it, but since this doesn't happen in my stories, it will save me the trouble), I think I might go through with this idea after all, with a few alterations; it will be set about a month after Jurassic World, not Jurassic Park like I was originally planning, and I do know how to kill off Rebecca's husband, fiery helicopter crash (similar to Masrani's death in Jurassic World)! What a way to go, but at least he doesn't get eaten by a dinosaur. He comes back in a vision by Rebecca to tell her where they actually crashed (she thinks it's on a Hawaiian island instead of the one she's been infatuated with since reading Malcolm's book). Though he realizes where they are at the last minute (That's not possible! We can't be that far off!, he exclaims, but not before he tells Rebecca that she has to survive this, since she's knows more about it than he does, just before he pulls the lever that ejects Rebecca's seat out of the helicopter, which saves her life. He's of course referring to Isla Nublar, but doesn't tell Rebecca, so has to reveal it in a vision after she's passed out on the island due to the shock of watching her new husband die such a horrible death). :-o

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 11th, 2017, 2:02 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Sounds like quite the turn of events! lol

PostPosted: November 13th, 2017, 11:37 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I just thought that I would let everyone know that I deleted my blog (meaning Blogger, not tumblr, since I still have the latter), and moved the only fan fic that I don't have published on another site here:

https://www.wattpad.com/user/Vesuvius_Girl

Not that it was getting a lot of views on Blogger anyway, so perhaps it's better this way, and the way they kept changing Blogger, every time I updated it, the spacing would go all weird anyways. You have to be a member to post a comment, so feel free to do so in this thread (I haven't added anything to it yet, I just moved it). I'm not sure if I'll be adding any pictures (although Wattpad does allow you to do this, as well as YouTube videos if you wish), so you'll just have to wait and see. :)

Last edited by Marida on February 6th, 2019, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 6:31 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

I have heard a lot about Wattpad and actually created an account at one time. Never really did much with it, though.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2017, 4:01 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I looked into wattpad once. Never registered though.

My wife (Elora Starsong) and I have started sharing our collaborative stories on Many Paths To Tread.
The format there allows for co-writers to be able to add to the one story. Our 'Kin Strife' saga will be posted there starting with the prologue today.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 15th, 2017, 5:13 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Cool. I have always thought it would a lot of fun to co-write a story. Never done it though. (Beyond RP)

Sounds a lot like Google docs, though. You can add users and anyone you add can edit the document, type, comment, etc...

PostPosted: February 6th, 2019, 7:51 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I have another story idea, but since I'm not sure if it's a good idea, I thought that I would tell you about it first before I posted it to Wattpad (since Ao3 doesn't have a category for these types of stories), since it's always good to get a little feedback first, and this seems to be the only site where people do that.

This particular story is based on one of the volcano legends surrounding Mount Vesuvius (I know, I know, I'm obsessed, but I can't help myself! You should see all the recent posts on the Volcanoes group I joined on Facebook). In this particular legend, Vesuvius is more human. If you're curious as to what he might look like, check out this drawing by ContessaLeandra on DeviantArt:

https://i.imgur.com/GYt6RiE.png

Reader (it will be another reader insert story, which means posting it to FF.net is out, since they don't allow you to upload these types of stories. Not that I use it much anyway, so no biggie) is Capri (like the Italian island that bears her name), a sea nymph that has lost her memory (similar to the movie Lady in the Water, but not exactly the same). Her memory loss is due to the fact that she keeps reliving the same event over and over again (sort of like a temporal causality loop, like they called it on a Star Trek: TNG episode) until she changes the fate of both herself and that of Vesuvius.

Here's a small excerpt (thinking of calling the story "Changing Fate", which seems appropriate):

Grotta della Smeraldo (or Emerald Grotto), west of Conca dei Marini on the Amalfi Coast

"Where am I?" you asked, when you realized that you were in a different location than you were previously.

"In the Grotta della Smeraldo, or Emerald Grotto, west of the town of Conca dei Marini on the Amalfi Coast" came the reply, "since that temperamental boyfriend of yours suggested we move you closer to a water source."

Can you say that anymore sarcastically? you thought, since you knew sarcasm when you heard it. You also knew that he was talking about Vesuvius (or Vesuvio in Italian, since this was Italy, after all), since it wasn't the first time he referred to Vesuvio as "temperamental".

"He's not my boyfriend," you protested.

The Italian Mafia member scoffed at this. "What is he, then? A friend? Friends don't get that worked up over the fact that a pal somehow managed to get herself into trouble with the Mafia and get herself captured. No, there's something else going on between you two, you just might not be that open about it yet."

Could he be right? you thought. When you woke up in this alternate universe (or whatever it was), you woke to the sound of someone shouting. It was of course Vesuvius, angry that you had managed to get yourself captured by the Mafia. It was this same person who suggested he "calm down," but it wasn't Sergio (which was the name of the Mafia member that was put in charge of keeping an eye on you, so to speak) that calmed Vesuvius down, it was you. You were so curious as to what the human version of Mount Vesuvius might look like that you ran into a nearby bucket, sending it hurtling to the ground, which got everyone's attention, especially Vesuvius.

Last edited by Marida on July 21st, 2019, 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 17th, 2019, 6:41 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

I’m not too familiar with the setting or background to the world, but it sounds interesting. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9