Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2008, 11:11 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

I would tend to agree with you. The acting and story are definitely the most important part.

And yes, I don't see them making it any better by a re-make either... but I would be curious to see how it turned out. lol

*shrugs* It seems many people don't like the preques... but I didn't find anything wrong with them. As far as the story goes I thought it was fine... after all it didn't have much room for deviation because the outcome was already determined by the original trilogy.

The acting was good I thought as well... *shrugs* but many people seem to differ in opinion from me on movies...

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2008, 11:16 pm 
Elf
Elf

I think the main problem everyone had was how badly the scripts were written, along with the bad acting of Hayden.

MOst people will give you those two reasons as the main reasons the prequels stink. And to be completely biased, I've never heard a bad report of Obi-Wan. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2008, 11:30 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Yes, those are the two most given reasosns I hear. (especially Haden's acting)

And I will admit.. there were some lines int eh prequals that made me cring and think... "If I had written soemthing ike that Inever would have let it see the light of day"

However as faras Hayden's acting... I don't understand that one.

I mean yes he acts like a babby, he's selfish and arogant and stupid.... but isn't that what he is suposed to act like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2008, 11:34 pm 
Elf
Elf

It was taken to an extreme. Padme, the way she was written, should have had better sense than to marry him. She seemed to be mature and very well-grounded; what did she see in a guy who threw a fit everytime he didn't get his way?

Poor Padme...she would've been much better off with Obi. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2008, 11:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

*shrugs* I guess it could have been toned down... it never really ocured to me though.

I will surely agree with you there... Padme was way more mature than Anakin.

I would guess the only reason she married him is because (in her own words in Episode 3) she was blinded by love.

After she admited to him that she loved him, because she thought they were going to die, she knew that she couldn't keep it from him and it only made her atraction to him grow etc...

So yeah... that would be my guess why.

Although I must be honest... I don't see Obiwan and Padme getting together... lol

i love Obi-wan though... he is my favorite starwars character other than Qui-gon Jin. :yes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 11th, 2008, 2:40 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

*stealthily sneaks in*

I'm a staunch defender of the Prequels. So I'm gonna give my take on them.

I think a lot of people have rose tinted glasses on where the original trilogy is concerned. To accuse the prequels of being badly written and cheesy and to either pretend or ignore the originals suffered much in teh same way is a bit off to me. Many of the cast in the original trilogy were very reticent about the dialogue, script, scenario(s) of the movie/s. Harrison Ford and Alec Guinness are two I can name off the top of my head that were quite vocal about it at the time. Hell, a lot of them didn't even think the movie would see the light of day, let alone be as successful as it was.

Hayden's acting. Why blame Hayden? He acted exactly as he was meant too. Exactly as the script demanded him to be. You want someone to blame for the way you feel Anakin was portrayed? Blame the man in charge.

As for Obi-Wan, I heard many complaints about him and how he was. Specifically in Phantom Menace.

This isn't a dig at anyone in particular. It's merely my own opinion on certain complaints and issues that have been raised by fans in general regarding Originals v Prequels. I'm a long time fan of the series dating back to the 80's and I love the Prequels. They did exactly what they were meant to do and that's show you the story of how Anakin came to be and the consequences of the actions of him and all around him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12th, 2008, 12:24 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

*nods* Yes... I agree. They did do what they were intended to do.

All in all I think it's just a mater of personal preferance. (as you basically pointed out)

Like I said... there were a few lines in the prequals that made me cring and I have to point out a flaw in the lightsaber duel between Anakin and Obiwan. (hard to describe in writing) but Obiwan should have had anakin at least 2 times before the whole "highground" thing... and the highground thing didn't make much sense to me. I don't think it would have made that much difference. *shrugs*

But as you I am a long time fan. I have been watchign starwars for as long as I can remember and love botht he original trilogy and the prequals.

I love the starwars universe, the concept, and just the unique way of life in the starwars galaxy etc... It fasinates and entertains me.

So yeah... there are things I would change. But I am sure everyone has things they would change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2008, 8:53 pm 
Elf
Elf

has anybody seen the episodes of the tv show, "Duel of the Droids" and "Bombad Jedi?" I personally thought the second one was fairly good, and Padme was so smart in it. :D *I also didn't know the planet she went to *Rodia or something like that* was in the REpublic.* the first one was really good too; I like the tv series; I didn't think I'd like them but I think it explains more, and I'm finding myself not hating Anakin as a cartoon; he and Obi-Wan have some good one-liners, lol. Though I'm still waiting on an episode where it'll be an Obi episode.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2008, 11:19 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

The only episode of the Clone Wars I've missed was the one with Jar-Jar. I'll catch it online some time this week.

Loved this weeks with Luminara and Ventress. Guh I love Ventress so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2008, 11:45 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, I didn't think I owuld like them at first either but hen I started wathcing them and I liked them pretty well. :)

anakin is quite a bit different in the cartoons than in the movie.... which in a way is fine but in a way kinda bugs me... but it's no big deal *shrugs*

I have missed several actually. I was keeping up with them until I got busy in RL and have not had the time to watch TV at all pretty much... *shrugs*

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2008, 2:57 pm 
Elf
Elf

Raivynn Phoenix wrote:
The only episode of the Clone Wars I've missed was the one with Jar-Jar. I'll catch it online some time this week.

Loved this weeks with Luminara and Ventress. Guh I love Ventress so much.

Ooh, yes I watched that one online yesterday. :D It's fun seeing all these EU characters get rounded out and just expanded on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2008, 3:06 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

That's exactly why I love this series so much. You never get to see the Jedi in real action, only the main characters to the story. So seeing (my fave) Plo Koon, Luminara and Kit Fisto and the others all getting really good stories. Hell I really dig the main clones in the series as well.

Rex & Cody FTW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2008, 3:30 pm 
Elf
Elf

Lol. The battle droids are pretty funny too.....they're not comical in the actual films but they're so dumb in these, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2008, 3:37 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

XD I know. They must be uber cheap to produce, because they are really rubbish at there job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2008, 6:58 pm 
Elf
Elf

Lol, I agree. that little droid in the last episode where he was keeping a watch on the engine room; he reminded me of Wall-E a bit...not as cute but he still reminded me of him. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2008, 7:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Indeed. One of the reasons I loved them so much as well! They fill in a lot of story between the movies and you get to see other characters.

My favorite is Ploo Koon as well and Kit fisto, Luminara Undulie, Barriss Offee are all close behind. :D

I also loved the episode about the clone troopers. Gotta love a good clone trooper. I would like to see an episode with some Shock troopers and clone commandos in action. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next