Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 947, 948, 949, 950, 951, 952, 953, 954  Next
 Post subject: Re: ~The A-U Gentlewomen's Society~
PostPosted: January 4th, 2012, 12:05 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

So, how is everyone's break going?

PostPosted: January 4th, 2012, 4:06 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

You're still on break? So lucky! I've already worked two days, and I've got six more to go before I finally get a day off. Lots of people at work are sick, so I have to work extra days this week. Which is good because I get more money, but I'm not so happy about working 8 days in a row :confused:

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 5th, 2012, 1:54 am 
Ent
Ent

My winter break has been good, I should be going back soon though.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2012, 1:27 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Location: Running around a Family Dollar asking if they sell tasers... >:D

I started school this week. It's going pretty smooth... for the most part. I think I'm getting really stressed though because I got into a huge fight with my dad. You know how parents are always saying "you can tell us anything! We'll help you! That's what we're here for"? Well, I started to tell them, and they just got mad. EVERY SINGLE STUPID CONVERSATION ended with "you're wrong" or "your way of seeing things is wrong"

Well, I'm sick and tired of being wrong! Sorry for the rant.

Mark Twain

Banners: A-U.com

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 6th, 2012, 3:09 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

This is probably not the best advice, lol, but I never told my parents anything for that reason exactly. If I needed to talk about something, I talked to other people or something instead of them.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 6th, 2012, 3:40 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Aerliniel: I used to be like that when I was your age. I almost always argued with my parents, and I felt like I couldn't tell them anything. But it made me unhappy a lot, so I made an effort at sharing more with them, and our relationship is much better now than it used to be.
Try telling your parents how their way of treating you makes you feel, and let them know that you think it's okay that your opinions differ, but that you'd wish they'd respect yours more.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 2:31 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Oh, so break is going that good? =p

PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 2:54 pm 
Elf
Elf

Hey, can I join you guys? It seems like a cool/friendly/has amazing people club. :P

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 3:31 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Location: Running around a Family Dollar asking if they sell tasers... >:D

Erucenindë wrote:
This is probably not the best advice, lol, but I never told my parents anything for that reason exactly. If I needed to talk about something, I talked to other people or something instead of them.

Lately, that's how I feel. I never tell them anything anymore... and I only did that night because I thought it might be different. But no. It was worse.

Anameleth wrote:
Aerliniel: I used to be like that when I was your age. I almost always argued with my parents, and I felt like I couldn't tell them anything. But it made me unhappy a lot, so I made an effort at sharing more with them, and our relationship is much better now than it used to be.
Try telling your parents how their way of treating you makes you feel, and let them know that you think it's okay that your opinions differ, but that you'd wish they'd respect yours more.

I am unhappy... but they don't listen. I'm an emotional person, and tend to cry when someone I love makes me mad or something, so I want to tell them... but they don't listen and I don't think I can tell them without bawling. I'm such a wimpy kid! >.< Besides, they wouldn't listen to me. They'd be like "we know best" or "it's good for you to be doing this now; it'll help you later on in life." I'm just sick of it all!

Venessiel wrote:
Oh, so break is going that good? =p

Ha ha! I'm off break! :P

Harthad wrote:
Hey, can I join you guys? It seems like a cool/friendly/has amazing people club. :P

Sure, Har! I'm kinda bugging everyone with my rant right now... but if you want to change the subject, go right on ahead!! ^^

Mark Twain

Banners: A-U.com

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 6:34 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I'm like that, too, Aerliniel. I cry about the smallest things, like if a customer at work is mean, or if the next customer in line is extra nice. Or if I read about people who are having a hard time. Or if I'm tired. Basically, I cry a lot.
But I don't think the fact that you might cry should stop you from explaining to your parents. In fact, it might help them realize your being serious about how the way they treat you hurts.
Also, and you're gonna hate me for this, they really are just doing it because they think it's best for you. They want you to have the best life possible. Maybe they can't see that it's not what's best for you, but you have to believe they're doing whatever they're doing because they think it's right.
When I was 14, my parents wouldn't let me have a boyfriend. They did this because they wanted to protect me, because they thought saying no was the best choice. Now, my mom says that if she could do it over, knowing what she knows now, she would probably choose differently.
It's not easy being 14 and having parents who don't understand you, but keep trying to communicate, and know that it gets better as you get older! :hug:

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 6:53 pm 
Elf
Elf

Anameleth wrote:
I'm like that, too, Aerliniel. I cry about the smallest things, like if a customer at work is mean, or if the next customer in line is extra nice. Or if I read about people who are having a hard time. Or if I'm tired. Basically, I cry a lot.
But I don't think the fact that you might cry should stop you from explaining to your parents. In fact, it might help them realize your being serious about how the way they treat you hurts.
Also, and you're gonna hate me for this, they really are just doing it because they think it's best for you. They want you to have the best life possible. Maybe they can't see that it's not what's best for you, but you have to believe they're doing whatever they're doing because they think it's right.
When I was 14, my parents wouldn't let me have a boyfriend. They did this because they wanted to protect me, because they thought saying no was the best choice. Now, my mom says that if she could do it over, knowing what she knows now, she would probably choose differently.
It's not easy being 14 and having parents who don't understand you, but keep trying to communicate, and know that it gets better as you get older! :hug:

I'm like this, too. :) I cry a lot, and it's usually if someone makes a snide comment about me or something. There's this one girl in my English class who keeps saying stuff about my answers, or the things I talk about with my other friend who's also her friend, and about the clothes I wear. It's sad because English has always been my favorite subject, and she's sort of ruining it for me. But I like to try and concentrate on what the teacher's saying, or something like that so that I can try and make her comments not get to me. And my parents usually get very worried if I start crying or something, so maybe your parents are just worried and don't know what to say. Does that help, Aerli?

I'm 14, too. :) I'm turning 15 in May, so I might be a bit older, but that makes no difference. We're all human. :D

Or are we? For all you know, I could be a little green alien posting this from a super-high tech computer in another galaxy! :blink: :D

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 9:53 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Harthad wrote:
Or are we? For all you know, I could be a little green alien posting this from a super-high tech computer in another galaxy! :blink: :D

I've always known this about you, Harthy. :P

I cry. At everything. At movies, books, plays (I saw Rent at my theatre conference and was BAWLING MY EYES OUT), when I think about going back to school...I cried the first night of ACTF on Tuesday because I was homesick. and Aerli, I get what you mean about parents who don't understand your wants and goals. It's taken me several years to get my parents to support my dream of being an actress, but I kept at it, and now they couldn't be more supportive even though the path I've chosen is hard and uncertain. You'll get to that place with your parents too. Just be patient. :)

(P.S. Have I joined this yet? if not, I would like to! :) )

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 6:39 pm 

Whoa, it's been ages since I last visited this topic!
But well, about the crying: When I'm tired, and something small happens, like hitting my foot on the closet, or someone is being unfair or something like that, I cry very easily. I also cry at romantic or dramatic books and ofcourse at movies. When I first watched ROTK, I cried from the moment Frodo wakes up 'till the very last moment.
But hey, I it just shows we're capable of showing our emotions, instead of being ashamed of them :)

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 7:43 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I never really cried that much. Usually the only things I cry at is if I am extremely upset, or if something is extremely emotional. It takes the extremes i guess for me to cry.

But then, I'll cry over a certain spot in a movie. :blink: For no reason. lol

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 10:27 pm 

^ That's how I am. Real life... eh, a spot of emotion here and there, but usually my moods go from mildly disappointed to indifferent to somewhat pleased.

... Unless there's fandom involved. And then I'm an emotional hurricane. :lol: As soon as the soundtrack kicks in on any movie, though ... bam, tears. :P

PostPosted: January 13th, 2012, 10:48 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

haha ya! music is one of the things that can really get to me. Whether it has words or not.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 947, 948, 949, 950, 951, 952, 953, 954  Next