Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 184  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 9:37 pm 
Elf
Elf

I like playing Jack Sparrow, but I have about 5 original pirates. I have countless wizards, a wolf, and a cat. XD

:hammer:

Profile       WWW         ICQ    

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 10:35 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Wow I really don't have many...just my four...I guess cause I don't really do non-LotR RPGing. I should really do a male character. I always feel guilty when I create a female, because they're all ranger-types and those didn't really exist in Tolkien's world. I like to stick as close to his guidelines as possible.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 11:04 pm 
Istari
Istari

i have tons of guy charries!!! There's: Isra, Isra, Isra, Sounder, SOunder, Miguel, Ricky, Shawn, Jesse, Gunner, Gannon, Camdon, and I think thats it but yes I use the same names over alot!!!! But a few of these havnt officialy been used ........sad sad me..........

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2006, 5:19 am 

I have just 3. My orinigal character - my nakesake- is the one I use most, because I feel most comfortable playing him. But I also have my Elf character Melannen Tirram, who is my only character with an extensive bio. [It's in the character section... somewhere] And my evil dark elf guy Ginglith, who is currently 'under construction' :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2006, 1:59 pm 
Istari
Istari

Oh yeah and I have River but those are only the guys
Girls: Alex, Alex, Lanea, ...uh and thats all I can remeber oh and one of the only unorlginal charries that i play is Falcin... and sometimes for other people I play Johnny and Orlando....

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2006, 5:47 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

*I joineth*

All you all here should know I rp! lets see...

My fave female char would be... lotr: Roina Eruseen (my very very first char's daughter) non lotr: um... Annalett
male: non-lotr: Drake the pirate!

My trademark is the red hair! all or most my chars are red-heads!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2006, 5:49 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

most of mine resemble people i know and have long black hair...don't ask me why...

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2006, 7:04 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

all new members added and welcome :wave: sorry, Darrell :P

Meldawen wrote:
You know, I was contemplating that the other day. None of my RP characters that I LIKE RPing are anything like me. I think with our RP charries we kind of create a different reality, you know? Something we find interesting because it's so totally opposite from us.

I think you have some merit there. it's fun exploring the 'darker' or 'lighter' sides of ourselves. Turwaithiel, most of mine have black hair too, though I recently created one with auburn hair just to try out a redhead. he's a demon... demon with black hair? doesn't sound right :bones:

I know I have about fifty characters or more. I hardly remember most of them because they were in dead RPGs or they simply didn't have a strong enough personality. right now I have perhaps ten characters that I stick with. I alter their bios a bit to make them fit into the RPG. half of them are mages, the other half swordsmen. I have one lizardman cleric that's pretty fun to play, even though he's practically my only "honorable/noble/self-sacrificing" character and he always gets stuck in the villian RPGs :lol: I mostly go for dark elves and humans... a few hellish races now and then. and I just realized that I have no archers.

you guys try anything exotic lately? anything completely new and outrageous? for example I know Frostlord usually goes for the undead and Sharku has some cool animal blends (tigermen, snakemen) :D

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2006, 7:22 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I don't, actually, 1) because I only LotR RP, and 2) because I like to stick as close to Tolkien's work as possible. I remember a long time ago, on a different forum, Meleth was Meleth Elen Tintalle and an elf blessed by Varda but I sorta discarded that. It didn't seem probable enough. But I kept the dark elf guy who's after her, cause he's cool :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2006, 8:09 pm 
Pirate of the Halflings
Pirate of the Halflings

I have only been in one LOTR RP...strange aye?

<center>Image</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2006, 8:16 pm 
A-U's Official Tolkien Scholar
A-U's Official Tolkien Scholar

The only "exotic" role I've attempted is a goddess in human form, though I didn't make her up. She's a canon character for one of the movies I RPG on a lot, but I won't say who cuz that's hush-hush. :P
Though I suppose the undead Barbossa could be considered "exotic" in some odd sense of the word.

And I've never been in a LotR RPG...ever. I don't know why, but I've never felt drawn to LotR RPGs or fanfics. I guess it's partially because I feel that Tolkien did way too good of a job for me to risk messing it up with my own perspective.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2006, 8:16 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

I am part of few LotR RP's because they all seem to be the same... something to do with elves and a sudden war but they all seem to die quicker than non-LotR rp's which is sad.

I want to begin a new unique LotR but don't know what or how....

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2006, 8:36 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I feel that way too, a lot of them die too fast. Every so often one pops up with that elusive quality that makes an RPG WORK, and I enjoy those ones. So I join every one I possibly can, so that I don't miss those ones. I find romance makes an RP work quite well...strange...

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2006, 8:49 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

I agree, Non-LotR RPGs are easier to work with. since Tolkien created his world, everytime I RP in LotR I have to think, 'does this go along with LotR' or 'does this agree with the books'. non-LotR RPGs just allow more room for creativity. I don't particularly enjoy romance RPGs (though it seems this forum has a lot of them). I only remember two that I've been in so far.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2006, 8:54 pm 
Pirate of the Halflings
Pirate of the Halflings

I joined a LOTR RP once, and it died in about two weeks...

<center>Image</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2006, 11:42 am 

The problem with LotR rpg's is that it is hard to come up with an original one. Those are the one's that last longest. If it has been done before it dies, but it has to be close enough to Tolkien that people are interested by it. I've only joined one that got past 10 pages (I think) and it went on to reach 55 pages before it died. That was sad :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 184  Next