Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do you like how Gollum ends?
Yes 57%  57%  [ 12 ]
No 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 21
 Post subject: Re: Would you change the end of Gollum??
PostPosted: December 15th, 2006, 9:04 pm 
Ent
Ent

Ring_Bearer wrote:
Yep, I mean. In a way, all throughout the books and the films we meet Gollum and we are the witnesses of his weakness but also of his good will sometimes... So, my question is..would you change his end? I mean, would you let him live or just let him die into the fires of the vulcano as he actually does? Sometimes, I do pity him for the end he endures, dunno, even though he betrayed Frodo and Sam, in a way he manages to get our compassion, don't you think so? :)

Tough question, Ring_Bearer. I don't think I would change Gollum's end. If he did survive, his life would never be any easier. As Gandalf said in The Fellowship of the Ring, "He both loves, and hates, the Ring." Even if he did end up keeping it, his life would still be a torment for him. I think, in a way, Gollum's death was a relief from the agony for him.

I do agree with you, Ring_Bearer, when he says he manages to get our compassion. Sometimes, you hate him for what he does, and others, you pity him for what he has to endure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 8:44 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

i think it is extremly fitting that he died the way he did. he played a vital role in the desruction of the ring and i do not think it would have happened with out him. - Galdalf said; "My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play before the end but for good or ill..."
I do not think it could have hapenned a better way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2007, 7:57 pm 
Ent
Ent

Nessmister of the Rings wrote:
i think it is extremly fitting that he died the way he did. he played a vital role in the desruction of the ring and i do not think it would have happened with out him. - Galdalf said; "My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play before the end but for good or ill..."
I do not think it could have hapenned a better way.

That's a good way to put it, Nessmister of the Rings. I agree with you. As sad as it may be (to some people), I think Gollum had to die for the Ring to be destroyed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2