Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2006, 8:03 pm 
Ent
Ent

EonwesBestMate wrote:
yeh Ive beena bit busy with school and the like, but I am glad ur all still here, as life would get rather boring here if it lacked all you to have a good old fashioned discussion with. Glad to hear form u all and especially Elwing Star Spray ( soz i missed the underscores, i just dont like them) glad to have u here!!

:)Awwww...thank you, EonwesBestMate! I feel special. It's okay that you missed the underscores. Glad to have you here, too :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2006, 8:12 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

Thats buizzin m8, anythin u wanna discuss with us?

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2006, 8:18 pm 
Ent
Ent

EonwesBestMate wrote:
Thats buizzin m8, anythin u wanna discuss with us?

I'm sorry, what :blink:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2006, 8:29 am 

Good... I'll try to sum it up briefly. Basically we settled on... mmm... I don't even remember.... but what I do remember is that we reached an agreement... The elves go to the Undying Lands after leaving Middle-earth in the Fourth Age. They settle in Tirion in Eldamar or on Eressëa, even the Exiled are allowed to go back.

Well, we are all busy at times, but the discussions don't go away... after all there has been an A-U forum for four years now!! ;-)

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2006, 11:06 am 

And it would have lasted that long if the discussions hadn't kept going :D

[*nugdes Eä* Hey. Your banner made me realise where I knew you from before :P]

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2006, 11:18 am 

Aww no one objected to my brief summary... so I must've gotten it right.. the main point of the discussion, lol

And Darrell.. discussions like these never ends :P

[Owh, mystery revealed!! *wonders what exactly Darrell realised*]

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2006, 2:42 pm 

Yes Eä, your summary was accurate, and summed our discussion up perfectly :D

[lol. I realised I knew you from 'other places'. Namely Dhod's board, and the tag board :P]

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2006, 4:01 pm 

*bows* Thank you Darrell

[*chuckles* You're quite right... and I might change my A-U name to make things easier for myself. I thought you knew it was me!]

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2006, 4:14 pm 
Ent
Ent

Eä wrote:
Good... I'll try to sum it up briefly. Basically we settled on... mmm... I don't even remember.... but what I do remember is that we reached an agreement... The elves go to the Undying Lands after leaving Middle-earth in the Fourth Age. They settle in Tirion in Eldamar or on Eressëa, even the Exiled are allowed to go back.

Well, we are all busy at times, but the discussions don't go away... after all there has been an A-U forum for four years now!! ;-)

Alrighty, then. I get it now. Thanks for the explanation, Eä :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 20th, 2006, 2:37 am 

Eä wrote:
[*chuckles* You're quite right... and I might change my A-U name to make things easier for myself. I thought you knew it was me!]

I may have done. But either I forgot, or I knew but it didn't register :P

Anyway, we're wandering a bit off topic here. But I'm not sure I have anything more to add to it :P

Post subject: eonwe's here
PostPosted: October 20th, 2006, 2:22 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

Hi everyone. I could throw a spanner in the works and be difficult but Ea's summary is very accurate * bows in awe* and I do think that this forum topic has reached its end as we have really thouroughly discussed it and I cant really think of any stuff to say. Doesnt mean I wont try..... 8)

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject: Re: eonwe's here
PostPosted: October 20th, 2006, 4:25 pm 
Ent
Ent

EonwesBestMate wrote:
Hi everyone. I could throw a spanner in the works and be difficult but Ea's summary is very accurate * bows in awe* and I do think that this forum topic has reached its end as we have really thouroughly discussed it and I cant really think of any stuff to say. Doesnt mean I wont try..... 8)

Eä's summery is very accurate. Good, too. Woot for Eä :)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2006, 10:54 am 
Istari
Istari

To try desperately to continue the discussion, how do the halls of Mandos constantly get wider as the ages go on? any ideas folks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2006, 12:36 pm 

I think they were already very expansive, so I don't think that they need to expand, as there is still space for the dead. If you know the world is going to exixt for a long time, you are going to build somewhere large enough that space won't be a problem for many thousands of years :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2006, 3:23 pm 
Ent
Ent

EonwesBestMate wrote:
To try desperately to continue the discussion, how do the halls of Mandos constantly get wider as the ages go on? any ideas folks?

I always thought that the Halls of Mandos weren't literaly halls, that the title was just a name for it. I always thought that it was just the name of the place where the dead go after they die. Sorry if I'm wrong, or not making sense :closedeyes:.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2006, 5:09 pm 

Thanks for the kudos guys... *bows*

I don't think we should necessarily force the discussion to go on, if neither of us have anything to add to it at the moment. I'm sure the topic will live on and other people will post here as well with new perspectives, opinions or doubts!! :-D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next