Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Book Faramir vs. Movie Faramir
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 11:41 pm 
Istari
Istari

What do you guess think about the difference between the Faramir in the book, and the Faramir in the movie??

I think that they were pretty different... Book Faramir was a lot nicer and understanding!!

What does eveyone else think??

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2006, 2:10 am 
Elf
Elf

Faramir in the book is so much better! Much more noble, wonderful, etc ... Yes, tempted by the ring a little bit, but he doesn't drag Frodo all the way back to Osgiliath. The regular movie version of the TT really deviated from the book. ugh.

-Val

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2006, 8:42 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Very bad move PJ, very BAD!

Maybe in the extended cuts it was a tiny bit better but still..... you cannot change the roots.

Without any doubts, Faramir in the movies was shown to dark, even darker then Boromir who is considered to be the "tougher" one from the two brothers....

Many critics did fall on this account, the history repeats itself....

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2006, 3:29 am 
Elf
Elf

David=good actor, but portraying Faramir kinda sad. So book faramir better. Either that or the script needed to be changed....well Faramir in movie, rotk, better than TTT, I have to admit. It was good enough to catch ppl's eyes who haven't read the book.

Capt. Jack: Shoot him and cut out his tongue! Then shoot his tongue!..and trim that scraggly beard.

yAAAy! The <a href="http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/dec2007/tc20071218_443372.htm">Hobbit movie</a> is back on!!! Movie buffs get excited!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2006, 3:29 pm 
Vala
Vala

Faramir in the book was way better. I loved how he was so noble, so like and yet unlike Boromir. Shall I say it? Boromir as he should have been.

Older siblings should never have things to learn from their younger siblings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2006, 6:00 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I think it's difficult to say one is better than the other - they're both so different. Book Faramir is aa lot morenoble, but I can understand PJ's reasoning behind the book change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2006, 7:18 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Aerandir wrote:
Faramir in the book was way better. I loved how he was so noble, so like and yet unlike Boromir. Shall I say it? Boromir as he should have been.

Older siblings should never have things to learn from their younger siblings.

Its hard to compare witch one of the two was more noble or not becouse we dont know alot about them before the War of the Ring. Okay, it is said that Boromir was more of a fighter but still kind in heart while Faramir was more of a lore orientated person. In the apendices of the ROTK think it can be found more about their character.

In my eyes both of them had been equal in a certain way, but the ring tipped sides in the story. Boromir fell under its power, Faramir gained experience that the ring is a dangerous tool and his brothers death proved him so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2006, 4:45 am 
Vala
Vala

What I was meaning, Aemornion, was that Boromir, while kind and noble, was also proud and convinced that he could master the Ring. Faramir was humble, and knew he could not. That's why I say Faramir was Boromir as he should have been.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2006, 1:46 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I dont think he was convinced he could master the ring!

True, he was proud and maybe slightly arrogant but he was lured/tepmted by it for the ring has a power of its own, the power to govern over living men, elves, hobbits and dwarves alike.

Post subject: : )
PostPosted: January 12th, 2006, 5:31 pm 

Yeah, I agree. The book Faramir seems nicer, noble ect.
:-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2006, 5:39 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

I love David Wenham, but I can't watch that part of TTT. RotK I'm fine with, but the script for TTT drives me bonkers.

Basically, book!

My blog
My graphics journal

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2006, 3:00 am 
Vala
Vala

Well, I think ordinarily he would've realised it, but when the Ring was luring him, I think he kind of 'forgot' that, so to speak, and thought he could master it, much as the Ring wanted him to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2006, 10:49 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Alright, here goes.

I loved Boromir AND Faramir in the books - Boromir was noble, brave and a warrior, while Faramir was more kind and loving, maybe less arrogant because of the way Denethor treated him all the time. (grrrrr!) i DIDN'T like how in the movies Faramir dragged poor Frodo and Sam all the way down to Osgiliath. i liked him in RotK though. I also always liked how it took about 6 arrows to kill poor Boromir and how sorry he was about having chased Frodo, it warmed me alot to his character. he was just weaker willed than Faramir which is why he was more tempted by the Ring. all in all, i liked both of them, but the book version better.

Snow white, snow white, o Lady clear,
O Light to us that wander here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2006, 12:28 am 
Ent
Ent

Location: location of what??well...my bed is in my room, the sofa is down stairs...odd question

I loved both the book Faramir and the Movie Faramir. When I first saw the movies i was like who is that???? but i loved the character anyways and i though he was awsome. Even no that I know thats Faramir, I still think of them as completely different characters. On the Faramir/ Boromir issue, i think that Boromir was more Noble and Proud, I also think he only tried to take the ring for Loyalty, thats what he was sent to do, it was not his fault really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2006, 4:15 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Yeah, i guess because Boromir didn't even want to go get the ring . . . i still liked the book Faramir better. XD

Snow white, snow white, o Lady clear,
O Light to us that wander here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2006, 2:52 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

In the books, Faramir is nicer too Frodo. In the books he looks like to me that he understand Frodo a little bit better that in the movies.

Profile       WWW     YIM