Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 12:48 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

The last bit of that post ruined it TT. It was great till then and it didnt sound as good with it on. But I do get ur meaning lol. Thanx 4 gettin mine.

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2006, 7:38 pm 
Vala
Vala

Location: somewhere sympathy is more than just a way of leaving

Sorry. I know you guys don't like that kind of "mushy" stuff. :P I'm glad you got the message anyway, even if I spoiled it for you with my last thought there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 12:19 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

Oh i dont mind "mushy stuff." I just like ideas to be well expressed and If it makes good sense then I am happy, even if I did disagree with it.

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 5:53 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Well I liked it TT and I understand what you mean. Their love had this je ne sais quoi which is almost impossible to describe. I really hope that I find love like thta someday ::sigh::

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 7:05 pm 
Istari
Istari

Its a nice notion I think but it is not avery real one. A bit off topic can anyone define Je ne sais quoi for me? I gave up French as soon as I could as I wanst really great @ it som a translation would be appreciated.
Sorry 4 going off topic like, but Im VERY curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2006, 6:12 pm 
Vala
Vala

I don't know what it means either. :P I take Spanish.
EonwesBest, you're one of the few boys who doesn't mind "mushy stuff" out there. It's nice to know that there are a few of you.
What I really meant to say was that no matter how mcuh time we spent here in this thread and no matter how many discussions we have about all the different aspects of Arwen and Aragorn, we will never be able to fully describe that quality of wonder that their love seems to possess. Better? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2006, 6:38 pm 
Istari
Istari

We may not be able to describe it but doesnt mean we shouldnt try m8. Thta we have actually tried to describe this love they share is to our credit.
I think that lads who dont mind mushy stuff are o the increase as the traditional values of masculinity are starting to be broken down by new attitudes towards these traditonal values.
Id better shut up now, lest my friendly moderator Kitoky shall berate me for my comments.
P.S. dont think aragorn and eowyn would have worked lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2006, 6:48 pm 
Vala
Vala

Of course I'm not saying that we shouldn't try. That's half the fun is trying! I really enjoy having discussions and debates with you all. I don't want them to end, just because we can never completely succeed!
In a way, I find the fact sort of comforting. That there are still some things that are wonderful beyond tangibility, beyond description, and the only way you can really understand is if you know. I think people focus to much on trying to break everything down and know evrything and put everything to use. So it's kind of nie to know that there are some things that they'll never be able to do that to, and I think that Arwen and Aragorn's love, or even just love in general, is one of those things.
:P Has Kitoky been hunting you as of late?
I definitely don't think Aragorn and Eowyn would have worked either. I get confused when people say they would make the better match.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2006, 7:06 pm 
Istari
Istari

Yet many such things are never more than memory, a fleeting shadow that many take years to find and yet it comes to naught in the end.
Was I vaguely poetical there? So Sorry about that
(psst, I do think I am a hunted man TT. From now on I will wear a silly disguise, talk in code and walk in a silly way along alleyways)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2006, 9:34 pm 
Vala
Vala

Ah, vague poeticality. Poeticality is not a word. I just made it up. Anyways, it's a good thing. Not really a satisfactory answer, but you get credit for trying. :P
Silly disguises? You mean, like those scary glasses with the large noses and eyebrows attached? Because those kind of scare/disturb me. Still, best of luck to you evading Kitoky. She's pretty sharp. ;)
So, just so I don't begin to be hunted......
Everybody: What is your favorite aspect of Arwen and aragorn's relationship?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2006, 6:23 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

haha I kind of dropped, so what are we talking about? =)

I revisited AU on Jan 14th after an almost 10-year break! The nostalgia..!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2006, 9:52 am 
Istari
Istari

my fave aspect is that elrond made Aragorn prove himself worthy to marry Arwen. I just think that aspect is cool
P.s. I will take myself "into the wild" to avoid Kitoky ( P.S.S. Aragorn said that in FOTR btw)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 5th, 2006, 7:10 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

mm. didn't Elrond say a mere ranger wasn't enough to match his daughter's beauty and he wasn't worth her ? I think it was nice. and cool that Aragorn became King and worthy to marry Arwen :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 5th, 2006, 8:35 am 
Istari
Istari

Elrond must have been so gutted when he heard that one, Arwen went back to him in rivendell and two when he heard that Aragorn was king. He must have been properly gutted m8....

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 5th, 2006, 12:58 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

yeah. awed and maybe a little sad that he has to give up his daughter... but happy that Sauron's defeated =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 5th, 2006, 1:13 pm 
Istari
Istari

Yeah he I suppose would look at the bigger picture and would be glad to pay the price of living in Aman with his daughter on balance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next