Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2006, 11:07 pm 
Vala
Vala

Location: somewhere sympathy is more than just a way of leaving

Ah. I see. Perhaps because we both like Frodo?
It doesn't matter anway. We've got it all straight now. I think? :blink:
Yes. So Arwen and Aragorn are best together. That much is clear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 7:12 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

LOL. I made you laugh? well, I'm not a native english speaker, so that's why I don't know what your 'spring chickens' mean. :laugh:

I revisited AU on Jan 14th after an almost 10-year break! The nostalgia..!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 9:52 am 
Vala
Vala

I see. What is your native tongue then? You're English is very good. I definitely wouldn't expect many people to know what a spring chicken is, even if they were native English speakers. I seem to be using odd phrases lately. Not quite sure why. Maybe I'm crazy........ :dizzy: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 12:57 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

First of all: anyone who loves LotR as much as you do, canNOT be crazy :D and second, my mother tongue is finnish. I hate the language, but there's one good thing: Tolkien was inspired to write his elvish (elven??) tongues by the finnish language. Mutta mun perhe ei ole läheskään yhtä hauska kun sun, jos ne laulaa Frodolle hyvää syntymäpäivääkin! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 2:04 pm 

Tinuviel's Tears wrote:
Yes. Once and for all. Eowyn+Faramir. Arwen+Aragorn. It equals perfection.

No one is perfect... you make it sound like a dream; as soon as the evil is wiped off the face of the (Middle-)earth everyone is merry and and happy commencing a new life in peace and prosperity...
Aww here I go again... sorry I just have to question everything *nervous smile*
Well, what is love? Many time love springs from a good match, I agree with that, but... hmm.. also in many cases love can never be predicted...
I don't know what exactly my point was, other than objecting to your statement, lol

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 2:13 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I very much laughed as I read the comments listed. BTW, I loved the equation!!! ^_^

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 3:26 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

I think Tinuviel meant that Arwen&Aragorn, and Faramir&Eowyn are perfect matches, not necessarily perfect men, and elf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 3:27 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Eä wrote:
you make it sound like a dream; as soon as the evil is wiped off the face of the (Middle-)earth everyone is merry and and happy commencing a new life in peace and prosperity...

That's exactly why Frodo's illness and need to go over the Sea is so important. He couldn't just stay and be happy in the Shire. Tolkien avoided creating a completely happy ending just to say that very thing.

My blog
My graphics journal

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 3:32 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

that's what I thought too. Along with the Ring were swept away many things: the power of the three elven rings, the third age, frodo, the party tree etc. sad

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2006, 4:22 pm 
Vala
Vala

Yes. I meant that Arwen and Aragorn and Eowyn and Faramir were the perfect matches. I know that perfection is impossible. I wasn't really trying to be very philosophical. I was simply trying to make everyone understand that Arwen and Aragorn should be together and Eowyn and Faramir should be together. Sorry. I should have been more clear. And since you can't tell the way my voice sounds saying this, I'm not being nasty, I'm admitting that I made a mistake.
By the way, thanks Telpeath. :) I'm glad you liked it.
Earlinde, that's cool that Elvish is based on your native tongue. That must make it much easier to learn.
Seeing that Frodo is my favorite character, I realize that everything was NOT a dream even after Sauron was destroyed. There were still so many things that had been ruined by the War. And War changes everything permanetnly. Things can never be fully the same after it. To quote Evanescence, "There's just so much that time cannot erase." Yes, Middle-earth was saved. But there were still hurts to it's people and it's lands that could not be undone. Frodo says himself, "We set out to save the Shire Sam. And it has been saved. But not for me." So he sailed away to Valinor, hoping it would ease the pain the Ring had left him with.
Ok. This post is kind of long, and I'm sure no one wants to read all of that, so I'll shut up now. :)
~T.T

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 24th, 2006, 4:03 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Yeah well, the learning isn't that much easier, but the pronunciation is quite easy. :D and that wasn't a long post, or maybe it was, but it was interesting ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 24th, 2006, 8:10 am 

Ohh I read through your post T.T. but I guess I owe you that, since you bother reading through mine!
I know that you meant matches and I am also aware you just wanted to settle things that had been repeated in a lot of posts. t was merely a chain of thoughts or an association that made me write that post. Might not have been quite the appropriate place...

Firiel, very true, but his wound also kept hurting, mentally and physically. The world did change after the WotR, but so did everyone involved. But Frodo had been a Ringbearer and "... to be a Ringbearer is to be alone". He was marked on body, mind and soul, both from the Morgul blade and from the One Ring.
None of the Ringbearers stay in Middle-earth. Gollum dies, Bilbo and Frodo pass over the sea, and so do the keepers of the three Elven Rings.

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 24th, 2006, 10:32 am 
Vala
Vala

Don't worry about it Ea. I still love you. :hug: ASnd I rather like reading through your posts. There's usually something interesting in there that makes me think.

Yes. People always ask why Frodo and Bilbo had to leave Middle-earth. And it's just what you said Ea. They were bearers. The Ring was a part of them, and it would always be a part of them. They were leaving to go to Valinor in hopes that the pains they bore would be dissolved.
I alwas rather like that scene in the end of ROTK, where Bilbo and Frodo are journeying to the Grey Havens. Bilbo asks if Frodo still has is Ring. And Frodo says, "I'm sorry uncle. I believe I've lost it." Bilbo says, "I would have very much liked to hod it one last time." (or something like that.) And then Bilbo falls asleep, and Frodo just kind of puts his head down on bilbo's and sleeps too. I know it's not really true to the book, because in the book Bilbo knew all about the Ring. But I did think this scene was so sweet. And very explanatory too.
So.....after another long post..... I'm done. :)
~T.T

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 24th, 2006, 6:38 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

T.T., I was just making a random observation. Not trying to put you down at all.

My blog
My graphics journal

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 24th, 2006, 7:05 pm 
Vala
Vala

I didn't feel put down at all. I'm sorry if I made it seem like I felt put down? I was agreeing with your statement. It was a good point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 24th, 2006, 10:49 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Just wanted to make sure. I tend to over state rather than understate on the internet. Helps avoid misunderstandings.

My blog
My graphics journal

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next