Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 2:14 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

It just suns up the topic pretty well na di will not wreck something good eith unnecessary comments lol. P.s modddies may also kill me as well.

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 2:19 pm 
Vala
Vala

Location: somewhere sympathy is more than just a way of leaving

:blush: Thanks EonesBestMate. But you know, I like hearing other people's opinions on things, so you won't be wrecking anything.
I want to keep this discussion, or rather, these discussions going because I thnk we have some pretty good ones, and we have some god people who post thier ideas here, so by all means, post what you think or feel. Taht goes for everyone else as well. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 2:26 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

I know that all too well, but you may have stumbled on th erarest of all moments: me with nothing to say. I cant comment when I have nothing to say.

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 2:56 pm 
Vala
Vala

*cough* I erm....... actually have nothing to say either, which is why I'm posting in hopes that someone will hear and answer my desperate plea for a topic.*coughhackspluttercough* ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 3:54 pm 
Istari
Istari

Eowyn and Aragorn wouldnt have suited each other I think. It just doesnt seem right for some reason..

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 4:19 pm 
Vala
Vala

What? :blink: :blink: :blink: Alright, now you're talking crazy. I said I was desperate, but I didn't mean that desperate.
For what reason are they not perfect for each other?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 6:14 pm 
Istari
Istari

I was kidding lol. That shows u what I say when I cant think of anything else lol.
Also I dont know what it would be like if they were a couple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 8:48 pm 
Vala
Vala

You had me scared for a minute there. :P But I don't quite understand what the second part of your post means. You don't know what it would be like if they were a couple? :confused: Did you mean, you don't know what it would be like if they weren't a couple? Because there, I can see what you mean. It would be so strange, so..... wrong if Arwen and Aragorn didn't end up together in the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2006, 8:52 pm 
Istari
Istari

Imeant that but couldnt be bothered to write all thta. I figured you are all intelligent people and that the idea would be quickly grasped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2006, 7:08 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

I think Arwen's and Aragorn's love wasn't shallow. And I also think that they didn't fall in love in a second. i think it was like this: they met in the forest and aragorn thought he saw luthien. then when they got to know each other better, aragorn started to love her. but arwen saw only a youngster in aragorn. aragorn left rivendell, and when he came back he had 'grown up' in the eyes of arwen and she started to feel something for him. then they fell in love 100%. so it wasn't shallow. and i didnt altogether mean that aragorn joined the fellowship to get elrond's acception. maybe i didnt make myself clear. i mean - eh - that aragorn *sighs* how can i explain what I think? i think he he did some things (like fighting in WotR etc.) that was very dangerous, and he also accepted himself as Isildur's heir and he became king and got Elrond's acception and then he could marry Arwen.

catch my meaning? probably not, but I want to say Aragorn did NOT join the quest only because of personal reasons... *hides*

I revisited AU on Jan 14th after an almost 10-year break! The nostalgia..!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2006, 10:27 am 
Vala
Vala

I understand what you're saying Earlinde, no worries. It makes much more sense when you explain yourself. I actually think you have a pretty good idea there, and I agree with it for the most part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2006, 1:03 pm 
Istari
Istari

I too ctach your drift and please do not hide.Decent idea on the go lol, and the only complaint is that some may not be able to understand what u said easily lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2006, 3:26 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Telpeath wrote:
That is true...what love does to man? It corrupts us, making us vunerable to the darkness. Love is a powerful thing, yet a dangerous thing.

It sure is, though whilst we have it we should cherish it. It's one of the most fleeting things in the world.

Personally I think Arwen and Aragorn were the perfect match for each other. I feel sad that Arwen had to die for him, but I don't think there was anyone better for her, their love was one of the best portrails of true love I've ever seen in a movie or book. (Jack and Rose coming in close second).

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2006, 5:59 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

LOL! I agree that their love was pure and the best of all!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2006, 6:48 pm 
Istari
Istari

It was a pure love and not just raw passion. They were truly suited for each other and they complemented each other, if u get my meaning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2006, 11:12 am 
Vala
Vala

Of course we (at least, I) get your meaning. Their love was not a passing fancy or a fleeting passion. It was true, deep love that stood the test of a very long time and...... disapproval. It definitely wasn't something to be taken lightly. Their love was, just that, true love. There's not really a way to describe it. The Love of all Great Loves or something like that comes to mind.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next