Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently January 29th, 2020, 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Here I go again!...Tell us what...
PostPosted: June 13th, 2005, 3:50 pm 


What is ur most hatted chapter in the book?

Mine, well I liked them all. :)

Let's c ur's!! :-D


Top
                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2005, 3:58 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith
User avatar

Joined: 04 June 2005
Posts: 1904
Location: Wandering the Haradwaith...

Offline
Oooooh this is difficult... I love all of them!! Though I would say Grey Havens, because although it's my favourite, I hate it at the same time, because it ends the adventure, sends the Elves and Frodo away!! WAAAH! :'(

_________________
(Became a Valar on 16/06/05!)
Image


Top
 Profile       WWW            
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2005, 10:07 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 03 June 2005
Posts: 13144
Location: Heaven: Rockin' with Severus Snape
Country: England (en)
Gender: Female

Offline
I loved the whole book......well almost. I didn't like the chapter where Pippin and Gandalf are riding to Minas Tirith, it just talks about a bunch of scenery and I actually put reading this chapter off for several months.


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2005, 4:39 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith
User avatar

Joined: 04 June 2005
Posts: 1904
Location: Wandering the Haradwaith...

Offline
Yes there are certainly parts that Tolkien should have sped up somewhat...

_________________
(Became a Valar on 16/06/05!)
Image


Top
 Profile       WWW            
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2005, 10:32 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan
User avatar

Joined: 04 June 2005
Posts: 426
Location: Edge of the Silverlode
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Female

Offline
Larael Greenleaf wrote:
I loved the whole book......well almost. I didn't like the chapter where Pippin and Gandalf are riding to Minas Tirith, it just talks about a bunch of scenery and I actually put reading this chapter off for several months.


I understand that. I remember when I was reading it, I kind of just wanted to get it over some parts because I like action more than anything else. I don't mind having detail, in fact sometimes I really like it but when there's like a whole chapter I don't like that.

_________________
The smile that lit her fair face greeted this mortal man. The divinity she once grasped soon left to take his hand.
Image


Top
 Profile       WWW     YIM        
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2005, 10:35 am 
Ent
Ent
User avatar

Joined: 13 June 2005
Posts: 789
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Offline
I am not sure,thats a good question.

_________________
<center> <i> " I loved you with a fire red, now it's turning blue <br> And you say, sorry like the angel heaven let me think was you " </i> </center>


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2005, 3:35 pm 


Telturwen Tarien wrote:
Larael Greenleaf wrote:
I loved the whole book......well almost. I didn't like the chapter where Pippin and Gandalf are riding to Minas Tirith, it just talks about a bunch of scenery and I actually put reading this chapter off for several months.


I understand that. I remember when I was reading it, I kind of just wanted to get it over some parts because I like action more than anything else. I don't mind having detail, in fact sometimes I really like it but when there's like a whole chapter I don't like that.


Well sometimes I really like listening to facts, but it gets somehow boring sometimes my Elf friends :-D Sometimes it evens disecourages you to keep reading the book.


Top
                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2005, 5:36 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith
User avatar

Joined: 04 June 2005
Posts: 1505
Location: California
Country: United States (us)

Offline
I can't tell you my most hated chapter - I liked them all pretty much. However, my most favorite chapter was The Houses of Healing. I'd read that over and over again!! :bye2:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile       WWW            
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2005, 3:55 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith
User avatar

Joined: 04 June 2005
Posts: 1904
Location: Wandering the Haradwaith...

Offline
*hides again* Okay I must be the only one who DOESN'T like Shelob's Lair....

_________________
(Became a Valar on 16/06/05!)
Image


Top
 Profile       WWW            
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2005, 3:24 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 03 June 2005
Posts: 13144
Location: Heaven: Rockin' with Severus Snape
Country: England (en)
Gender: Female

Offline
Gosh Tirithiel, you just have to be different don't you!!!! *sharpens more pitchforks*.........jk!!!!! :-D


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2005, 4:50 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith
User avatar

Joined: 04 June 2005
Posts: 1505
Location: California
Country: United States (us)

Offline
Larael Greenleaf wrote:
Gosh Tirithiel, you just have to be different don't you!!!! *sharpens more pitchforks*.........jk!!!!! :-D


*smiles* Well, Shelob's Lair is okay. . . and I remember Larael Greenleaf once also threatened me with a pitchfork - (hope that the pitchfork broke in half). :bye2:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile       WWW            
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2005, 10:59 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian
User avatar

Joined: 14 June 2005
Posts: 326
Location: Rohan

Offline
pitch forks don't break in half to easily :disgust:

I didn't llike Grey Havens because I didn't want the books to end!

But I wouldn't have changed it either though, just added to the appendixes ;)

_________________
There is only one thing that I dread: not to be worthy of my sufferings.
Image
Image


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2005, 5:20 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf
User avatar

Joined: 21 June 2005
Posts: 96
Location: Australia

Offline
Larael Greenleaf wrote:
I loved the whole book......well almost. I didn't like the chapter where Pippin and Gandalf are riding to Minas Tirith, it just talks about a bunch of scenery and I actually put reading this chapter off for several months.



I seriously thought the descriptions of the scenery was too repetitive - actually in all three books. But still... the books are great, lol :-D

_________________
In the wavering firelight, Gandalf seemed suddenly to grow: he rose up, a great menacing shape like the monument of some ancient <b>King of Stone</b>...


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject: this topic
PostPosted: June 24th, 2005, 7:48 pm 
Maia
Maia
User avatar

Joined: 07 June 2005
Posts: 5272
Location: Texas

Offline
i sometimes daydreamed when i read those books, i found them a tad slow paced and i hated having to go back and find where i had started after all that scanning the page but not reading :explode:


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2005, 12:46 pm 
Vala
Vala
User avatar

Joined: 03 June 2005
Posts: 5602
Location: Canada
Country: Canada (ca)

Offline
Larael Greenleaf wrote:
I loved the whole book......well almost. I didn't like the chapter where Pippin and Gandalf are riding to Minas Tirith, it just talks about a bunch of scenery and I actually put reading this chapter off for several months.


Ugh, me too. All this action happens and then all of a sudden we have this huge scenery description to read. I just want them to get to Minas Tirith already!!!

_________________
Proud Member of the The Evilishy Nazgûl Alliance for World Domination
{Beri}


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2005, 9:52 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 03 June 2005
Posts: 13144
Location: Heaven: Rockin' with Severus Snape
Country: England (en)
Gender: Female

Offline
Elberethsq wrote:
*whispers* As long as Larael Greenleaf doesn't visit this thread anymore, she won't know what happened to her pitchforks. (J/K, I'm so off topic. sorry) :bye2:


Tee hee Elberethesq!!!!!!!! :-D

I see alot of people agree with me about the whole scenery thing bieng boring. Actually, that was the only boring scenery bit, the rest of the places that they describe stuff was actually a lot less boring. :bye:


Top
 Profile                  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Boyz theme by Zarron Media 2003