Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 4th, 2024, 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Once Upon a Time
PostPosted: December 5th, 2011, 12:14 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

When will these people learn?! You don't make a deal with Rumpelstiltskin!

Now that I've said that, I must say I liked this episode, but I wanted to slap most of the characters most of the time. Mary-Margaret was a little too meek for me, and I'm super curious as to who her date is/was in the fairytale world...I thought David (is that Prince Charming's name in Storybrooke? It's getting too hard to keep track of their real-life counterparts!) was really annoying most of the time, and I hate his 'real' wife. I think Emma has a crush on the Sheriff, and I have a hunch that the Sheriff in the fairy tale world was the woodcutter ordered to cut out Snow's heart...thoughts?

Also, Emma and Henry were totally under-utilized in this episode! They're my favorites!

In regards to the fairy tale portion of the episode, I thought it was awesome. The dragon was surprisingly well-done considering that it's for a TV show, and I liked the addition of King Midas into that realm. What did everyone else think?

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: December 5th, 2011, 12:46 am 
Istari
Istari

I thought it was an interestin episode, overall. The idea of the Sheriff being the huntsman is an interestin one, I forgot about that character actually! That would make sense, instead of hunting animals he's hunting criminals in the real world. The switcharoo with the Princes was unexpected (I missed last weeks episode, unfortunately, so if anything like that was revealed beforehand, I missed it.) I was shocked when the Prince was stabbed by that big guy, I was wondering what they were going to do with that and what sort of a deal the King would have to make with Rumpie to fix that problem. I felt bad for Mary-Margaret at the end, but figured it was to early for her and David to get together. I thought the dragon was good for a tv show, and the addition of Midas was unique. And I want to punch Regina. I'm still liking the show.

PostPosted: December 5th, 2011, 7:42 am 
Elf
Elf

I was surprised when they put Midas in there, it seems like they're mashing a lot of fairytales together now instead of just the usual ones.

And during the dragon scene, I kept expecting to see a blood-thirsty rabbit pop out. . .Quest for the Holy Grail, anyone?

I think Rumplestiltskin is so creepy! And dirty. Like, he's covered in dirt.

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 5th, 2011, 11:07 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

During the dragon scene, I kept comparing what I saw onscreen with how awesome Smaug is going to be in the Hobbit!

Rumpelstiltskin is creepy. But I love his accent when he's Mr. Gold. So Scottish!

PostPosted: December 6th, 2011, 1:34 am 
Istari
Istari

Harthad wrote:

And during the dragon scene, I kept expecting to see a blood-thirsty rabbit pop out. . .Quest for the Holy Grail, anyone?

Glad to know I wasn't the only one thinking that as they were standing outside of the dragon's cave! That rabbit is awesome! :lol:

and yes, Rumpie (too lazy to type out his full name, and spell it correctly) is pretty creepy, they way he keeps popping up everywhere. Really neat how different he is compared to his alter ego Mr Gold, similarities in creepiness, but other than that is like night and day in the way the characters act.

PostPosted: December 6th, 2011, 11:43 pm 

Oh, Rumpelstiltskin, how I love him. He's got such an interesting position what with tying all the stories together.

And interesting about James (not James?). I was not expecting him to be not royalty like that. Personally, I was kind of glad there wasn't too much Emma and Henry this time. Henry can get on my nerves (I think it's just his voice) and it was nice to have an episode not banging us over the head with THERE IS A CURSE BREAK IT but just letting it show.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 7th, 2011, 12:15 am 

^ I agree, I'm not too fond of Emma either, so I'm glad she wasn't very present in this episode.

The only thing that confused me is, isn't James supposed to have a brother who marries Cinderella? How can he have a brother if he's not really the king's son?

And how's he going to get out of the engagement to marry Snow White?

By the way, after last week's episode, I think Jiminy Cricket is my favorite character. :D

PostPosted: December 7th, 2011, 12:26 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Oh, I forgot all about the prince who marries Cinderella! Maybe they're stepbrothers or something? We haven't seen the queen yet, maybe she died and the King remarried and...ah! This show makes my head spin!

PostPosted: December 7th, 2011, 12:51 am 

See, I don't remember that they were brothers. I know they knew each other, but was it actually said that they were related?

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 7th, 2011, 1:28 am 

I feel pretty certain that when James and Snow showed up at their wedding, James cried "Brother!" and hugged him.
But I don't know what to think now. :P

PostPosted: December 7th, 2011, 10:12 am 

Arabella Baggins wrote:
Oh, I forgot all about the prince who marries Cinderella! Maybe they're stepbrothers or something? We haven't seen the queen yet, maybe she died and the King remarried and...ah! This show makes my head spin!

The queen is already dead (they mentioned it in this episode) so it's possible that he remarries someone who has a son.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 12:44 am 
Istari
Istari

You can tell this show is from the creators of 'LOST' :lol: Whatever you thought you had figured out winds up changin from one episode to the next.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 10:09 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

This episode made me SO SAD and I don't think I can wait til January for new ones! :( What did everyone else think?

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 12:36 am 
Istari
Istari

Ugh! They killed the hot guy!! I dont like that! Just when I was really starting to get into his character, just one episode where you get to know him? Really? And to have it be an episode where I start to connect with and understand his character, then 'boom!' he's dead? Liked this episode right up till that part. Really was into the wolf influence that was in this episode too. And my suspicions earlier on was right, Regina does know whats going on with everyone! And I'm pretty sure Mr Gold knows too. But yeah, I'm gonna miss the hot guy, and his accent.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 1:10 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Regina has known all along! I hate her! >.<

I'm hoping against hope that they'll bring him back. I know it's a long shot, but my logic is that even though he's dead in Storybrook, they could have him still in flashbacks to the fairy-tale world, right? ...Right? *crickets chirp* I just think it's a terrible waste to hire someone as an actor for half of a season on such a popular show and then just kill him off mercilessly. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I know it probably won't happen.

And did anyone else think the Wolf was adorable? I wanted one--and I'm afraid of dogs, much less wolves!

PostPosted: December 13th, 2011, 12:54 am 
Istari
Istari

Well I've always wanted a wolf as a pet (I also wanted a great white shark as a pet when I was a kid...I said all we needed was a big enough swimmin pool). The wolf was adorable.

And that explains why Regina is so dead set against everythin that Emma does, its not just because of Henry, its because she can tell Emmas gonna screw things up for her. I really hope Ghram comes back too, and I think he could still be around in the flashbacks, if he was to play any sort of role in any of the characters lives.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next