Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2007, 2:02 pm 

I think Eldest is worse than Eragon.

I meannn..that whole Roran thing..where he takes the whole village and travels to--? I forgot. but..I dont know..it seemed..unrealistic! :p

I hate Eldest...:yawn: < yup..thats how it is...boring...zz...

Eragon is way betterrr...

BUT..thats my thoughts.....not anything offensive, I hope?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 8th, 2007, 5:18 am 
Vala
Vala

Not offensive to me, at least--I wholeheartedly agree. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 8th, 2007, 2:13 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I never read Eragon or Eldest...I saw Eragon in theaters...but it wasn't that great.

I've only read 2 of the Narnia boks...Ironically the are the first and last books! :P I have to read The Horse and His boy and The Magician's Nephew for school though.....

And I've seen all 6 star wars. All of which I like....just the older trilogy is MUCH better than the newer prequals.

Ringer for Christ

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 8th, 2007, 9:52 pm 

Elven Archer wrote:
I never read Eragon or Eldest...I saw Eragon in theaters...but it wasn't that great.

I've only read 2 of the Narnia boks...Ironically the are the first and last books! :P I have to read The Horse and His boy and The Magician's Nephew for school though.....

And I've seen all 6 star wars. All of which I like....just the older trilogy is MUCH better than the newer prequals.

Only 2?!!

Did you read The Last Battle..:drool: I LOVE IT!!!! :D

Im obsessed with a book...and Tirian is teh awesomenesssss....:D though I know many ppl dont like it. :blink: they say its depressing, which, is my kind of story...xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 8th, 2007, 10:56 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Yep I read the last battle! It was really good! I was very dissapointed that Susan didn't believe in Narnia anymore though. :(

Ringer for Christ

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2007, 11:30 am 

Yeah, thats one of the reasons why I kinda dislike her. and because she so logical and whatnot. :eyeroll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 9th, 2007, 3:18 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Hehe! Well logically.....:P Although I like Susan in The Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe

About star wars....I really like Obi-Wan :drool:....I also like Padme WHEN SHE'S NOT WITH ANAKIN! (which sadly isn't much) It was just too sappy with her and anakin....I also didn't get why she died...I mean she was strong enough to rule a planet at 14 years old, and then just died later....Oh and I also like Han Solo! :drool:

I was also thinking about Obi-wan....his life is a really sad story...I mean in Episode 1, what happens to him? Well basically, he goes on a mission, his master finds this annoying little kid, basically dumps Obi-wan as his apprentice for the kid (which Obi-wans master was like a father to him) then Obi-wan has to fight a sith, who kills his master, ends up winning, but his master's last words were about the stupid kid, and not about his apprentice that he has trained for 13+ years. (oh and plus Obi-wan got beat up by darth maul)....Episode 2, what happens to him? Well basically he gets beat up by everyone, has to leave his apprentice, gets captured and almost exacuted, and then gets cut and burned by a light sabre. Episode 3, what happens to him? Well he gets beat up by general grevous, almost gets killed by his own troops, all the other jedi (save yoda) die, his apprentice turns on him, and he has to kill his apprentice (who was like a son to him), his friend that he has known for 15 years dies (Padme) and he has to go live in exile. Pretty sad. Episode 4, what happens to him? Well he helps his apprentice's son, and then his apprentice (now darth vader) kills him......He has a pretty sad life if you ask me....

Wow, that was alot of typing! My fingers hurt now....

Ringer for Christ

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 10th, 2007, 1:42 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

LOL. I agree. I never liked Anakin. Everybody's like, "OMG! He's SO hot!" And I'm like, "Die Anakin!" Hold on a sec while I find a Smilee to express my feelings.... Um... Oh! Here we go: :storm: :yuck: :throw: :disgust: There we are...

Sorry, I'm kinda hyper right now. I haven't eaten anything today, and I'm hungry.

Nancy Drew.... Dare To Play

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 10:22 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Ug! I agree! (no offense to all you anakin/hayden fangirls out there ;)) Anaking drives me insane! I don't see how padme fell in love with him, he's a jerk! All it is, is about him! Him, him, him never anyone else! Sorry... *cough*[/rant]

Ringer for Christ

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 21st, 2007, 9:31 am 
Vala
Vala

Anakin is very annoying. He looked sweet when he was 'evil' though, and before he got the famous Vader suit.

I thought The Last Battle was cool, but my favorite Narnia book was The Horse and His Boy. :) And then Prince Caspian.

As for SW, well, Obi-wan is definitely the coolest in the Prequels. Beyond a shadow of a doubt. In the Original Trilogy, though, Han, Leia, and Luke are all equally cool. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 21st, 2007, 11:30 am 
Elf
Elf

I used to have this thing against Han, although now I think he's purty darn cool.

And I agree with all of you guys. Anakin is just a jerk. His evil glowing pre-Darth Vader suit eyes were cool though.

The last Battle rocks my socks off, although my favorite Narnia book is The Silver Chair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 21st, 2007, 12:36 pm 
Vala
Vala

*gasp* You didn't like Han? O_O NOOO! Han is awesome!!!!

The Silver Chair was okay. Not as good as The Horse and His Boy, though. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 21st, 2007, 1:55 pm 

I liked Anakin! :p

and I agree that Silver Chair was...not my favorite. I am actually reading HAHB right now. I havent read it for a few weeks now. :blush: Its just that I've read it 8 times and I know whats gonna happen and all. But if I am reading a book I've never read before then I shall finish it in one day. :D and Im thinking about finishing Eldest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 21st, 2007, 4:10 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

@ Aerandir: Yes Anakin is very annoying! Oh yes the Last Battle was very cool....Although I don't really like The Horse and His Boy, although everyone I know says it's their favourite, it just seemed boring to me. Oh yes Obi-wan is awesome! I like Obi from the prequals and Han from the Original.

@ elvishjedipirate: *le gasp* How can you not like Han? :swoon: He is just too awesome not to like! Yep, Anakin is a jerk! :P

@ TrueNarnian: Nononono! Anakin is not cool and you shouldn't like him and that's that!.....No I'm just kidding :P but I really don't like him. Wow 8 times for HAHB? That's alot!

Ringer for Christ

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2007, 4:09 am 
Vala
Vala

I like The Horse and His Boy because it was so different from the other books--it did not involve any of the normal characters in main positions, and it told us a lot about Calormene and Archenland. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2007, 9:00 am 

Elven Archer wrote:

@ TrueNarnian: Nononono! Anakin is not cool and you shouldn't like him and that's that!.....No I'm just kidding :P but I really don't like him. Wow 8 times for HAHB? That's alot!

Lol. one of my friends dislikes Anakin because she says he whines too much. :p

and 8 times. I guess you could say Narnia are the only books I've been reading for 2 years. ;) but I think after I finish HAHB (whenever that'll be) Ill give the books a break. Read something else. though the problem is I cant find something else. besides LOTR, Eragon and Narnia.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next