Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Band of brothers
PostPosted: October 21st, 2006, 10:05 am 

First of I have three words for you 'Oh, My, God' I fell in love with the mini series.
Its in the style of 'saving private ryan', only its based on a book that is a recount of what a certain company of soldiers did during the war.
Its pretty much a very big budget documentary.
It has these amazing interveiws with the actual soldiers that fought in WWII, the interveiws are so touching and make the rest of it have so much more of an impact of you. I mean, you see all the explosion and you tink 'wow cool' but then after seeing the actual guys who went through that, it then makes you think about how they dealt with it. It makes it so much more realistic.

I really totally reccomend it. Its a bit gory in places...since it is about the war and its about people shooting and killing other people. But the messages that this mini series shows you are just so touching.

A war moving has never made me cry before, but this is so much more that just a mini series about the wawr, its more about humanity.

And the cinematography.....Much along the lines of LOTR, it really is amazing. The title sequence alone goes for about 2 minutes, but you really need to sit through it, it is so beutiful the sountrack is amazing and ...lets just say a general 'wow'

If you havent seen it, go do so, theres only 10 episodes in the series, but they are absaloutly superb.

If you have seen it...did you cry? What did you think of it?

Im gonna go watch it again!!!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 21st, 2006, 10:35 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

I remeber it.
I watched it when it was on tv here and I fell in love with it as well and I'm not big on war movies. It was brilliantly acted. I was planning on getting the complete series on dvd. Might still do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 21st, 2006, 2:57 pm 

OH, I watched this a few months ago with my dad :teehee: . I love it, it's amazing. I cried at the end, there was so much emotion, for some reason I could easily "connect" with the characters....Wonderful movie.

In the end of the movie they mention one of the men that now lives part time in Montana and lives part time some other state errr....anyways, my dad knows him, they excercise at the same athletic club. :teehee: He tells my dad quite a few WWII stories....It's so awesome....

[Will accept any PM! So PM me! :teehee:]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2006, 1:46 am 

oooh!! Thats pretty cool Sida!
My fathers grandfather served in WWII. He was a Kiwi soldier. He secretly wrote diaries and poems in the war, my mother is in the middle of typing them all out. were hoping some time in the future to make a few copies of it. Its a major family heirloom, and its flled with such amazing stories that should never be lost.
Te things those men went though in the war is just so horrible. I reember reading a part of my great grandfathers book, he wrote about his best friend dying in his arms after getting hit with shrapnel.
Its just such an amazingly horrid tie in our history, but there are sme brilliant stories of friendship and survival.

In band of brothers it s amazing how much misery they go through. It only barley touches the true amout that theyrealy guys went though, but it oes make you sit up and go 'Wow'

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2006, 2:51 am 

That's so awesome Jo! I have a similiar heirloom actually, my great-uncle wrote a book about my great grandfather and how he was the military governor in Hiroshima after tthe bomb and how they rebuilt the city and so on....it's great to have such items to remember your ancestors by...

I agree completely with you about the stories, it's amazing to watch and to hear stories from then. Just thinking about what friends would do for one another is amazing. I admire their heroicism and their dedication.

[Will accept any PM! So PM me! :teehee:]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2006, 1:12 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I watched the first episode of it when a university club I am/was in had movie night, and I did enjoy the episode a lot, but no one could figure out how to make the DVD player go on to the next chapter-episode, so I haven't watched anymore of it :p

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Band of brothers
PostPosted: September 10th, 2016, 12:29 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I got the DVD tin, and watched it quite a few times. I have a yearly ritual of watching the 2nd episode 'Day of Days' every June 6th. Its one of the best D-Day shows next to the movie Yhe Longest Day'.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW