Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2011, 10:28 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

It was the lack of giant battle for me. Otherwise it was a good movie. Can't wait for the next one, these films have been great entertainment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 8th, 2011, 2:46 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I admit that upon watching it again I wasn't quite as enthusiastic about it but still, besides that my feelings from my first post hold through. I thought the battle with the sea serpent was enough of a climatic great battle. :)

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2011, 6:06 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

So I saw it again a couple nights ago, and walked out of the theatre feeling more positive than before, if only because I was able to pinpoint the parts I didn't like. :D

There's really two things that disappointed me. The first is the score. I really enjoyed hearing some of the themes from LWW come back in PC, particularly the battle theme. It tied the two movies together, and I also just like the music. The second was Edmund and Lucy; I felt they just lacked something, they were a bit 'meh.' That disappointed me because they'd always been my favourites. Also, I'm kinda fed up with how there's always a lust for power in somebody. :annoyed2: Especially for Edmund, it just seemed to come out of nowhere. I am glad they resolved it quickly.

That sea serpent was one of the scariest monsters I've seen; totally freakish. :yes: Drinian is awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2011, 8:00 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Just got back from watching it, and at the moment all I can really say is...

OMG! I am really going to have to sit through another film with Eustace! Seriously, I could not stand him or his eyebrows or his annoying voice or his two facial expressions. Wooden as the ship!

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2011, 12:28 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Aw, really? :confuzzled: I have to admit, when he wasn't acting like a spoiled brat his acting didn't wow me, but I thought it was all right. It's important for the actor to be able to pull off both sides of Eustace, the 'before' and 'after' as it were, so he didn't shine in that regard.

I hope the person they select to play Jill Pole can build up a good rapport with Will Poulter.

But like I said before, I found all his bratty mannerisms to be perfect. It was like Eustace just walked off the page of VoDT. :yes: I found his annoying voice and eyebrows pretty awesome. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2011, 11:40 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

VotDT did have some of the Narnian themes… which made me happy. But I think they only played THE Narnia theme twice. I could be wrong though. Either way, it was alright to me. I personally thought they overplayed it a tad in PC.

And, as Nurr pointed out to me, Edmund did actually have a moment in the VotDT book where he was like “what the heck, why should I play second fiddle to you too, Caspian?” Lemme find her old post…

Quote:
^They almost came to blows. Caspian draws his sword, I think? Wait, I have the book.

Okay. "Who are you talking to?" Said Edmund. "I'm no subject of yours. If anything it's the other way round. I am one of the four ancient sovereigns of Narnia and you are under allegiance to the High King my brother."
"So it has come to that, King Edmund, has it?" said Caspian, laying his hand on his sword-hilt.

So I thought the movie captured that nicely. It was brief enough to not be uber overbearing and yet it was in there. Personally, I love that they have included the struggle to adapt to not being rulers and such in Peter and Edmund. :yes: However, I think the Jadis stuff has been a bit overused. Just saying. ;)

And Eustace… well, he was never exactly my FAVORITE character to begin with. ;) and I admit that in the movie at first he rubbed me a little wrong and Will isn't a top notch actor but we all have to start somewhere and I have faith he’ll just get better. And, heck, I thought he portrayed the annoyingness of Eustace well and he was amusing in many different parts. :) And if I remember right the 4 Pevensie’s actors weren’t excellent at first either… they’re still kids. But now they are fine. :happy: So he was lotsa fun to me and I think he'll pull through. I might even like him better now than I did in the book. :P

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2011, 9:29 pm 
Elf
Elf

Oh no, the 4 kids weren't at all the greatest when they first came on screen, but they still portrayed their characters almost perfectly. I thought Will P. was just fantastic as Eustace, and I had no trouble disliking him as a brat. ;) I didn't, however, care for the film as a whole. The story was much too rushed, the bits with the green mist were forced, and the dialogue? Except for the last 15 minutes with Aslan and such, it was terrible. Ick. I'm very glad that they kept the End of the World scenes in the movie; I would have been even more upset if they had omitted that. But PC was a better film than Dawn Treader could ever hope to be. And I think it was more faithful to the book than DT was. But that's just me.

Post subject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
PostPosted: July 31st, 2011, 12:31 pm 
Istari
Istari

I like it less than other Narnia movies but Eustace saves this one for me. ;-) I think he became one of my favourite movie characters ^^

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 5:47 pm 
Istari
Istari

I liked it a lot although i agree with himlond it does lack a large battle

PostPosted: December 14th, 2018, 6:24 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

I am a huge fan of Dawn Treader. I actually just re-watched the audio commentary today (it has Michael Apted, the director, and Mark Johnson, the producer) and I fell in love with it all over again :)

I have to say, I love how positive everyone is about this film here, because on Narniaweb (where I have spent much time) there is a HUGE amount of disgust aimed at it, which baffles me. Dawn Treader is an excellent film!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 18th, 2022, 8:13 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

I totally agree that it is a great show and movie. People who want to spend their leisure time and easily get bored can take the VPN facilities online and watch the shows like bad sister movie and many other such movies and TV shows which can significantly help them pass their time and kill boredom.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9