Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 7th, 2024, 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2009, 1:48 am 
Balrog
Balrog

The time between PC and VotDT is about a year. The timelines I've seen say PC happened in 1941 and VotDT happened in 1942. SC also took place in 1942. LB takes place in 1949.

I'm just a whisper of smoke
I'm all that's left of two hearts on fire
That once burned out of control
You took my body and soul
I'm just a ghost in this house

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2009, 9:35 am 

If they manage to do Dawn Treader, go onto Silver Chair and The Last Battle, I would be psyched. Absolutely thrilled. Then they can go back to Magician's Nephew [Let's hope for Tilda Swinton? Yes? Yes.] and The Horse and His Boy.

I really miss Susan. =[

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2009, 12:41 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Ok, I know Magician's Nephew talks about the creation of Narnia and sets the stage for LWW, but I wouldn't really care if they didn't make it. It'll be hard enough to lure people to see Silver Chair because there's no Pevensies in it. What I most want to see after VotDT is Last Battle and Horse and His Boy. Last Battle because, hey! Everybody's back! They die, but go to Aslan's country, except Susan. HHB because I want to see Cor/Shasta and Aravis' story played out.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2009, 2:18 pm 

Magician's Nephew is one of my favorite books, mainly because it is the creation of Narnia, and it better explains the 'ties' between worlds. I always thought that was fascinating and the "Woods between Worlds". Besides, I can never get enough of Jadis. She's a pretty cool baddie in Magician's Nephew.

If they do Dawn Treader, they almost have to do Silver Chair yes? Since they need Eustace still young?

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2009, 7:34 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Hmmm, yeah, they could put the filming off for a while and it still could work, i suppose.... :duh: Skandar and Ben probably won't change that much in the coming years... I guess. I just would rather not wait very long for VotDT. :P but since they had quite a break between LWW and PC, AND they've sort of kicked the characters' ages up several years from what they are in the books anyway (Caspian does NOT look like a 13-year-old and Peter doesn't look like a 14(or 15)-year-old! lol), I’m sure they can still wait a while for VotDT. I'd watch it either way (whether it comes out next year or 2 years from now) so I guess it doesn't matter. :happy: And as you pointed out, Kit, they can't replace the actors at this point anyway. Everyone has grown to love Georgie and Skandar. It would be murder for them to take them away for some imposters. :blink:

And I like your little "scene" idea, Kit... :teehee: that would be genious if they did it like that.

I think if they’re going to make them out of order Kit's way would be the smartest order to make them in. It seems like it's all about preserving the youth of the actors as long as possible. Though I would really like to see TBL and HHB made ASAP since those two are two of my favorites (after VotDT and PC). But at least the Pevensies wouldn't have to be young for them. :no: Narnia just isn’t complete without the whole series though. So, whereas, The Magicians Nephew and The Silver Chair are probably my two least favorites, I would still be sad to see them ignored. :yes: and even if MN doesn’t have the Pevensies, the audience might still like learning where this world they have come to know and love came from. I know I would be thrilled to see how they would bring the various (amazing) scenes in the book to the big screen... and to sea how they handle Jadis' world and the Woods Between Worlds.

Btw, wow, Kit… someone else who likes Susan? *ish happy*

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2009, 8:44 pm 

I remember very little of VoDT, because it's been about... 3 years? since I've read the series. And all I remember about Dawn Treader is that Caspian comes to an island, meets this lady, she introduces him to her father and Caspian smiles at her and she smiles back and then all of a sudden they're married.

I just... laugh everytime I think of it. It's supposed to be sweet and stuff but I just laugh. Ramandu's daughter doesn't even ever get a name. She's just Ramandu's daughter. Caspian X's Wife, Rilian's mother. It's kind of ridiculous. Give the girl a bit of an identity.

In hindsight, it is the ages that matter when it comes to the actors who have embodied these characters. Georgie, Skandar, and Ben would reprise their roles as Lucy, Edmund, and Caspian to go on the Dawn Treader. While introducing Eustace who is another Edmund, someone who needs to learn a lesson.

Eustace with the help of school mate Jill Pole are in the Silver Chair (and although Caspian is a character in SC, it is an older --- dying Caspian, unless they would like to bring Ben Barnes back for the end where is rejuvenated and young again). Eustace and Jill Pole once again go back in The Last Battle where they meet King Tirian and it is then the end of the Narnia. So they need to bring back everyone. William Moseley, Georgie Henley, Skandar, Ben Barnes.

The casting choice for Digory and Polly would tricky here as they hadn't done Magician's Nephew. Unless they decide to film it together with The Last Battle (which is weird, no? The beginning and ending of Narnia), just so they could have an idea of who Digory and Polly are.

@Calloniel. You've known that I love Susan, you just... forget. Lol, I don't express it as often as I should, but I really do. I absolutely love her to death and defend her most ardently when it comes to her character development/fate. Also, I'm completely in love with your Peter banner, it's not even funny. I'm just melting at it right now.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Last edited by Kitoky on January 13th, 2009, 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2009, 11:04 pm 
Elf
Elf

*Is also a Susan fan*

Anyways, I'm currently checking NarniaWeb every day for news about the series...I just need to know that the movies will go on.

And I do hope that eventually all the movies will be made--After VDT, SC and HHB are my favorites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2009, 7:53 pm 
Istari
Istari

*ish a major Susan fan*

*cough* That aside, I must say I've known about this for a while... and I know it's true... but for some reason it just hasn't set in yet. :counfused: I dunno why... :erm:

Ultimately, I don't think Narnia will be dropped... :no: There's a lot of potential in it, and I think people must see that. Although, those actors do age quickly... so I hope Walden Media (hmm... Walden does have the rights to Narnia, right? :erm:) can scramble around and get it done semi-quickly. :yes: I wanna see VotDT. :P And I hope they do the whole series... :yes:

Btw, won't at least Skandar and Anna come back for HHS? :erm: Edmund and Susan (and Lucy too? :erm: I can't remember) made an appearance in that one... :yes: I want to see Susan again. I really do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2009, 10:11 pm 

All four of the Pevensies make a brief appearance in The Horse and His Boy. I think Susan and Edmund have much larger roles though.

Which is why I hope they can pan out Dawn Treader, SC and The Last Battle soon so that they can work either immediately on Magician's Nephew (for Tilda Swinton) or The Horse and His Boy for Georgie, Skandar, Anna, and Will.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2009, 10:22 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I totally agree, Kit! I would be thrilled if they give “Stargirl” a name finally. :P I mean, what would it hurt really?

Well, that is true. At least so far most of the actors have come to the point where physically they won’t look MUCH different for a while (except Georgie, probably). Though the sooner they make the movies the better it would be. ;) They can't wait 3 years between each movie (if they make the movies in book order)... or else... or else it would be... er 2023 before they finished??? :blink: I'm not quite sure since my brain isn't operating quite right right now, but I think that's close. And by then, well, it would almost be time to re-make LWW! lol and Skandar would be his 30's or some such thing! :P So as long as they don't do that, I think they’ll be able to do it.

Yep! Skandar and Anna should come back for HHB, TT! And Georgie too, I do believe. :yes: Really, Kit? I don't remember Peter being in HHB... I remember they mentioned him, but that's all. :erm: Anyway for that movie it won’t really matter if they’re older… in fact, for that it would be better. :lol: so confusing this all is. “They need to be young for this.” “they should be old for that.” It will be cool to be able to have Anna and Skandar ect playing the older versions of their charries and not the other actors who portrayed them in LWW. :D

Kit, you can just call me PD. ;) hmmm, ok. I forgot then. ;) Awww, thanks. That’s really lovely to hear. :hug: I remember first seeing that scene in theaters… I was NOT a big fan of it. But then it grew on me and now I really like it. :yes: but I prefer Peter’s moments with Jadis (over Caspian's)... which, frankly seems like it's overlooked. (though over all I think Edmund steals that scene most of the time! :lol:) I think I like it so much because Peter actually KNEW what she was like, he knew better, but he was really desperate and scratching for help… any help by that point. He wanted to help Narnia so badly. It showed his desperation and his willingness to do anything for "his" country... as well as his "momentarily forgetting" about Aslan and thinking it was up to him to lead his people, which he knew he couldn't do at that point and, not having faith that Aslan would help, he was faced with the choice of turning to another form of help. There was more tension there than there was when she was luring Caspian in. *shrugs* sorry to have rambled your ear off there. :lol: Hopefully some of it at least made sense. lol thanks all the same!

Lethy, I am too! Methodically, every day, I go on and see if there’s something new. :lol:

TT, aye, I believe Walden and the C.S. Lewis Estate are close. At least close-ish. ;) And I’m sure when Disney dumped Narnia and Walden they had to relinquish the rights to the franchise. So Walden should own the rights for now. :yes: at least that’s what I gathered from the articles I've read.

Anyway, I’m glad to hear so many people speak up for Su! You know, guys, should start an alliance of Susan fans or something… for the longest time it seems like I’ve been around people who dislike Susan or don’t really care either way. :P It’s nice to be around some fans.

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2009, 12:16 am 

*believes there is a Susan fan club somewhere*

I don't think Peter is in HHB, unless he comes in at the very end. He's away fighting the giants on the northern border.

As for LB, it's certainly possible that they could make it together with MN. It'd be weird, but possible. Less likely now that Disney is off, though. Ideally, I think they could make SC, MN, HHB, then LB. By the time they'd get to the latter ones, the original Pevensies would be old enough to be their older selves.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2009, 2:56 pm 
Maia
Maia

Yes! There is a Susan club! I created it some time ago and it's probably buried in the depths of the club section...

Oh, I'm so happy to see Susan fans on here. I agree PD, it seems like a lot of people don't like her.

And ugh--don't even mention TLB. Lewis lost his mind. :disgust:

Annywayyy...

The Narnia books are so intertwined that once you get past VotDT it's really confusing to keep up with the characters. VotDT-SC-TLB is a pretty logical order, but you've got slightly older Pevensies in HHB (which is my favorite book in the whole series!) and Jadis in TMN (my second favorite book!), and you would want to squeeze those in anyway because you can't rightly have the Last Battle without them.

Wait...Disney dropped Narnia? It's just Walden now? Why would they do that...?

And PD I also love your banner. :D That [s]Peter[/s] scene is so incredible. The temptation, the desperation...basically everything you just said. Peter's part was much more memorable for me, in fact I forgot that Caspian was even in that scene until you mentioned it.
Though I must admit I didn't forget Edmund. He really is a scene-stealer. :teehee:

And...ugh, Ramandu's daughter. a) Give her a name already and b) can you say shallowest relationship ever? They see each other and smile and suddenly Caspian is like "must marry beautiful princess." Give me Shasta and Aravis any day! :P

And Kit your idea for the scene in VotDT is genius. I just...couldn't stand it if they weren't there at all.

Hm. Narnia is going to be much less enjoyable without William Mosely. :teehee:

Thank you for five-plus wonderful years of obsession, friendship and fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2009, 4:50 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

~RinielAranel~ wrote:
They see each other and smile and suddenly Caspian is like "must marry beautiful princess." Give me Shasta and Aravis any day! :P

Hm. Narnia is going to be much less enjoyable without William Mosely. :teehee:

:roll: at the "must marry beautiful princess thing"!

I don't think I'd want to see Will Moseley if he played pissy!Peter again. In book PC, he was the Magnificent king the whole time, but in the movie, he only became the Magnificent king again towards the end.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2009, 12:41 am 

^See, I personally loved that rounded-side of Peter. And I think it represented his character well and how it foreshadows and leads to The Last Battle. He wasn't always Magnificent, and will probably have his own moments where Magnificence is the last thing he could possibly display, but he learns from all of that and in the end he is nothing short of Magnificent. [melts into a pool of Peter worship]

<b>Peter in HHB</b> -- I'm trying to think. I might have to go back to my books, but I could've sworn that there was a drawing (yay drawings) of all four of the Pevensies on horseback in the books, but... I may be wrong. I've been wrong before. Is it too much to hope to see William Moseley again?

I almost really wish they would rearrange or rather, take some artistic liberties with Dawn Treader because Caspian meets Star Lady at the very end and it's just not very cinematically ROMANTIC if you catch my meaning. They can't come to the final island and there's suddenly a love story (or... lack of one). It kind of puts you off.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2009, 12:17 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

^ About the drawings- in LWW, the chapter ("The Hunting of the White Stag") that describes the reign of the kings and queens, when they go back to England, the picture is of the four of them on horses, but it's pretty nondescript. On the other hand, in Last Battle, the drawing for the chapter "Through the Stable Door" is of Tirian beholding Peter, Edmund, Lucy, Polly, Digory, Eustace and Jill in fine Narnian clothes, etc. That's the clearest image of them all. Although, in the drawings of Lucy, she always has dark hair! If a description of her looks wasn't given, I could understand the mistake, but she's clearly described as being "gay and golden-haired". Hmmph.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2009, 12:35 pm 

^That's always bothered me too.

In HHB, there's a drawing of Edmund, Lucy, and their courtiers and lords all going to battle on horseback, but Peter isn't in it.

I kind of liked the angry Peter in PC, but I thought they went a bit over the top. He could have been toned down some. Though there were a lot of things that bugged me in the way they made PC, so I suppose I'll just stop there.

I don't know how they could change around Caspian meeting RD though. It's the last island they come to. They could have him mooning about the ship when they sail to the end of the world, but I'd think that's about it.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next