Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2009, 4:04 pm 

@Nurrantiel: That might be the picture I'm thinking of, I'm not sure. You're probably right though.

The Peter angst would have bothered me if they didn't have that little intimate scene with Peter and Lucy in the How after the incident with the White Witch. I think that scene between the two wrapped it all around very nicely and it brought Peter back down to earth.

Also I want to plug this Prince Caspian Parody from Livejournal. It's silly but it's so hilarious. Keep in mind that it IS a parody so try not to get offended by these jokes. Or if parodies aren't your thing, don't bother looking.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2009, 4:18 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

A little Peter angst (you know, at being a kid again, and not being in command) is fine, but they went overboard. I was really not liking Peter for the better half of the movie.

:lol: at that parody thing!

(you know, whenever I see DLF, it makes me think of milf, etc. and a d(i)lf is not something I want to think about!)

I'm just a whisper of smoke
I'm all that's left of two hearts on fire
That once burned out of control
You took my body and soul
I'm just a ghost in this house

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2009, 4:33 pm 

The idea is for you <i>not</i> to like Peter for the better half of the movie. :p Like Edmund for the better half of LWW.

And yeah... don't think like that.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2009, 4:52 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

DUH! There IS a Susan fan club! I think I even joined it a while back… :blink: it seems to liven up and die out in spurts.

Hmmm, leave for a few days and the rest of the thread goes insane! Lol

Anywho, I am THRILLED to see more supporters of the Angry/Angsty Peter! I don’t remember whether I was for it or not the MOMENT I left th theater but I know now that I am a big fan of it. It adds SO much to him… and to be honest it’s a lot more believable than having him be the perfect, magnificent king returned the way Lewis wrote him. No offence to the Narnia Master. ;) but I just prefer Peter like that. It works for him. And Kit is so right! That scene between Lucy and Peter in the How after Ed got rid of Jadis is pure beauty! I just love it. :yes:
Oh, and in VotDT we should be getting another character who you hate at the start but who you grow to love! :P

RA, Thanks! :D haha, glad to hear that you agree with me too. Peter was just amazing in that scene… as was Edmund. ;)

I don’t know if someone else answered your question about Disney dropping Narnia or not… but just to clear things up. Disney is done for one. I guess it had to do with them not wanting to/no liking working with Walden and suchwhat and so they dropped out. I don’t know, I’m sure there’s more to it, but that’s the gist of it. Walden is now looking for a new company to partner with. :yes:

:roll: let’s just hope they’ll be able to do SOMETHING with the Caspian/”Stargirl” story. They’ll probably just go into more detail and explain it better… maybe have them meet her sooner so the relationship can grow. Honestly, I don’t really know cause that part of the book I sort of forgot. :lol: *it wasn’t PD’s favorite part*

haha, that parody was... er, something else.

LUCY: Why are you sad, Susan?
SUSAN: I won’t get to stay in Narnia.
LUCY: Huh. Yeah, I guess you won’t. Don’t worry, though, everything will be fine. What could happen?
SUSAN: Well, my entire family could die in a trainwreck. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

being a Susan fan I feel sorta... morbid for laughing.... or even chuckling :P

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2009, 6:33 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Maybe Caspian can have visions or dreams of "Stargirl" while they're out at sea, and he can... get to know her? Somewhat?

Who knows. :eyeroll:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2009, 9:15 pm 

OH! OHOHOH!!! I got it.

They're sailing at sea and oh my gosh, they come upon this beautiful blonde angel and they rescue her. Caspian and go, "Wuh? Who be you, ocean babe?" And she doesn't answer and goes all mysterious and they try to find out her story all the while Caspian falls in love with her because she is a beautiful blonde ocean babe and mysterious and Mary-Sue.

They then get to the last island and voila, beautiful blonde ocean babe announces, "Why, me? I'm not a beautiful blonde ocean babe at all! I'm a beautiful blonde star girl!"

Caspian and crew go, "Say wut?"

And .... that is horrible. Horrible idea.
Whatever Andrew Adamson has worked out, I will be happy with because that's really hard to do. Besides, the script for Dawn Treader's already been written and pre-visualized, hasn't it? So.... it's already in the works.

@PD: Oh I know. I laughed at that little bit too. And I <i>adore</i> Susan. xD

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2009, 7:51 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

^ :roll: It'd be overkill, too. Lucy/Edmund/Eustace get pulled out of the sea anyway.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2009, 8:17 pm 

I was thinking more like a rock that they usually see sirens on... but you're right, the entire thing would be overkill. xD

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2009, 10:28 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

GOOD NEWS!

Look at these:

News #1

News #2

THIS IS AMAZING!
Just very good to hear. Refreshing, in fact. Yes, I know that we knew most of that stuff already, BUT hearing that Walden is scouting locations to film and hearing that several good companies are seriously interested in picking up the series gives me TONS of new hope! :D Walden knows something more than they're releasing to the public at this point, me thinketh, and they're obviously planning on going ahead with VotDT. I knew Walden and Narnia could do it, I just knew it! *ish proud and happy*

So this makes for a very happy PD. :P

I cannot wait to see if there are any further developments later this week.... :bounce:

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2009, 2:04 am 

OMG. That is the best news I've had all day. Thanks bunches for posting that, PD! That's fantastic. <333 Now I can go squee in my little corner for a while.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2009, 6:01 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

:teehee: I'm happy to be able to help brighten your day some. ;) It was a pleasure to post it too... when I heard it last night I was just about bubbling over with excitment and happiness so I HAD to tell someone else anyway. lol

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2009, 6:20 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

~RinielAranel~ wrote:
Peter's part was much more memorable for me, in fact I forgot that Caspian was even in that scene until you mentioned it.

:lol: Caspian just stands in the corner like 'oh, *beep*, I just *beep*ed up big time!'

Lame. And Edmund ruleth.

Another scenario for "Stargirl": they totally leave her out. They can just explain Rilian being born by saying Caspian married so and so however many years after PC.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 6:37 pm 

That would make loads of sense from the story telling/movie standpoint, but oh man. I'd feel so sorry for that character if they did that.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 7:07 pm 
Elf
Elf

Eäryendë wrote:
~RinielAranel~ wrote:
Peter's part was much more memorable for me, in fact I forgot that Caspian was even in that scene until you mentioned it.

:lol: Caspian just stands in the corner like 'oh, *beep*, I just *beep*ed up big time!'

Lame. And Edmund ruleth.

Another scenario for "Stargirl": they totally leave her out. They can just explain Rilian being born by saying Caspian married so and so however many years after PC.

That's actually very likely...they left out Caspian's nurse in PC, who also seemed like a vital character in the book...hmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 10:42 pm 

I cannot see them skipping over Ramandu's Daughter completely.... I mean, she's pretty vital for the next two books while Caspian's nurse was just more of a character to accentuate Caspian's upbringing. After PC, we've become accustomed to Caspian, we love him as the 5th Pevensie. The fans would want to know about something as important as marriage and love and how Rilian came about.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 11:32 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Okay, I am so excited for the movie! just finished re reading the book, and its amazing : )

and I have to say this is my favorite part of the parody (thanks for posting kit! it made my day : ))

PETER: I blame you for not following the plan and messing everything up!
CASPIAN: Yeah? Yeah, well I blame you for not retreating when it was already obvious that I had messed everything up!
NARNIANS: Oh my God, the sons of Adam are lame. How sure are we that we need one to be king?
CASPIAN: Also I do not think you are all that magnificent!
PETER: You take that back! You take that back right now!
NARNIANS: Reepicheep for King!

Thanks to Arwen for the beautiful Darcy banner & Pandora for the amazing Jasper/Alice one!!
~*~Team Jasper~*~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next