Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 4:45 am 
Balrog
Balrog

*awestruck silence*

We've been forever
yet we've only just begun.

We have come full circle.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2010, 8:47 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I thought it was about time I posted in here...and I come bearing gifts! Sort of. A link to a gorgeous gem I found on Youtube; a multifandom vid on Morgana, Gwen, Marian (from Robin Hood BBC) and Kahlan (Legend of the Seeker).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meic8Lqe6iY

Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 27th, 2010, 2:33 pm 

That's really cool! Now I feel nostalgic for Season 2 RH. Marian!

So, what are people hoping to see in season three?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 27th, 2010, 11:30 pm 

SANTIAGO CABRERA. He's coming back.
And hopefully with his beautiful hair.

<u>But my Series 3 wishlist includes:</u>
- BETTER Morgana development.
- Reestablishment/Resolution of Merlin/Morgana.
- MORE HUNITH.
- Guinevere being around more for the sake of building her character involvement and not just for her relationship with Arthur. Like when she teams up with Merlin to save Gaius in The Witchfinder. Epic. ♥
- SIR WILLIAM DAIRA. I loved him a lot.
- Consequence of the giant display of affection between Arthur and Gwen in 2x13 The Last Dragonlord.
- MORGAUSE BACK IN THE RED DRESS.
- And if we could somehow bring back Nimueh, that would be awesomesauce.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2010, 12:23 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Kitoky wrote:
<u>But my Series 3 wishlist includes:</u>
- BETTER Morgana development.
- Reestablishment/Resolution of Merlin/Morgana.
- Guinevere being around more for the sake of building her character involvement and not just for her relationship with Arthur. Like when she teams up with Merlin to save Gaius in The Witchfinder. Epic. ♥
- Consequence of the giant display of affection between Arthur and Gwen in 2x13 The Last Dragonlord.
- MORGAUSE BACK IN THE RED DRESS.

WORD. Word to ALL OF THAT. And, inbetween some lovely angst, I'd like some more banter between Merlin and Arthur.

Kitoky wrote:

I dunno...resurrections of past villains (or heroes, for that matter,) always seem like a bit of a cop out for me. Like the writers are saying "We couldn't think up another decent villain, so let's rehash the old one!" Not that I'm saying Nimueh wasn't pretty awesome as a villain. I'd just rather see more of Morgana's development into a villain, and more Mordred. He's creepy. :)

I'm also hoping we don't see too much more of the Dragon-frankly, he annoyed me. :confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2010, 2:38 am 

Minuialwen wrote:
Kitoky wrote:

I dunno...resurrections of past villains (or heroes, for that matter,) always seem like a bit of a cop out for me. Like the writers are saying "We couldn't think up another decent villain, so let's rehash the old one!" Not that I'm saying Nimueh wasn't pretty awesome as a villain. I'd just rather see more of Morgana's development into a villain, and more Mordred. He's creepy. :)

I'm also hoping we don't see too much more of the Dragon-frankly, he annoyed me. :confused:

Oh, not particularly resurrect her, but flesh out her past with Uther. Because it just isn't enough that confrontation between her and Uther. I WANT TO KNOW MORE. Possibly with Idk, FLASHBACKS. Even though flashbacks tend to SUCK in period series.

I feel like the Dragon will turn up sometime, whether as a bad guy or a good guy is debatable. But it probably won't be frequent returns unless it's for an epic smackdown.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2010, 4:02 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Ooh, now THAT I would want to see. I always wondered what exactly went on between those two... Actually, I think we need more Uther backstory, period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2010, 4:50 pm 
Elf
Elf

Oooh BBC Merlin is so cute, though I've gotta admit I watch it more for the eyecandy than the actual plot, story or characters.. Pathetic I know :D

I'm definately agree on the Uther backstory in s3, Uther is one of my favourite characters in the show I think, even though the idea is the audience is waiting for and wanting him to die, He's one of the more mysterious characters I think so finding out what makes him tick would be great!

so Happy Santiago might be coming back, I really really buy the Gwen/Lancelot storylines over the Arthur/Gwen one, which seems really really underdeveloped. I think there should be much more Lancelot in general Do not want the dragon or that Lake Girl who Merlin really randomly fell in love with, though I'm sure both will be back in some way... unfortunately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2010, 5:33 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Lembas wrote:
I'm definately agree on the Uther backstory in s3, Uther is one of my favourite characters in the show I think, even though the idea is the audience is waiting for and wanting him to die, He's one of the more mysterious characters I think so finding out what makes him tick would be great!

I'm actually quite fond of him myself...he comes across as a very sympathetic character to me, despite all his pride, temper, and oh-so-swift beheadings. I think he really is trying to be the best king he can be, and coming to Camelot when it was in such turmoil means he knows exactly what can happen to a country without strong leadership, and he is doing everything in his power to stop that from happening again. His...humanity is too obvious for me to dismiss him to the ranks of Cruel Despotic Kings Who Need to be Offed.

Quote:
so Happy Santiago might be coming back, I really really buy the Gwen/Lancelot storylines over the Arthur/Gwen one, which seems really really underdeveloped. I think there should be much more Lancelot in general.

Agree on the A/G plotline being undeveloped; they went from a couple glances and teasing to full blown Epic Love Story in the space of a couple episodes. We need more. But I still lean more towards A/G than L/G; there's something that rings more true or deep about it to me. And I'm not sure that L/G is all that much better developed than A/G. I'm still trying to work through my thoughts on 'ships in this show, so I'll leave it at that for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2010, 6:12 pm 
Elf
Elf

I agree completely about Uther, I find him much more 3 dimensional and belivable than a lot of the other characters- he is very human, like you said just trying to do his best for his kingdom and to maintain stability. I think that that is all down to Anthony Head's spectacular performance as Uther, and even if as the audience your meant to route for Merlin, I really really don't want Uther Offed, to me it seems like everything would turn to complete hell without him there.

haha ships are difficult for this show, I find the Merlin/Arthur bromance is by far the best developed in the actual series- A/M as a slash pairing is horrible though becuase it strips away any shred of manliness and trying to look tough/not stupid that makes the friendship so great. I find most other pairings, especially with Merlin or Arthur kinda awkard in comparison becuase their friendship and destiny is one of the core themes of the show that romances cheapen it a bit, L/G to me is more detatched from the whole detatched from the Merlin/Arthur friendship which is why I prefer it I think, that and I think Angel and Santiago make a much cuter couple than Bradley and Angel lol...

wow long post... I'm surprised I care that much hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2010, 12:26 pm 
Maia
Maia

In addition to what eveyone has said, I'd like to see more Gaius develpment and background actually. There have been so many hints and brief mentions of his past that I want to know more. Things like why he betrayed people, why he decided to side with Uther, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2010, 11:48 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Okay, Lancelot fans? I need help. What is so great about him? Is it just his looks/hair? If so, I understand. :)

But I just rewatched 1x05 and 2x04 again, and I simply cannot muster up any interest in him as a character. Don't get me wrong, I liked him well enough in 2x04, especially with his shorter hair (don't kill me! :-D ) but I just. can't. get. into. him. He's just sort of...nice, and noble, with L'Oreal-esque hair.

Actually, every time I think of Lancelot, that line from the movie Homeward Bound pops up in my head: "Shadow was faithful. Shadow was loyal. Shadow was a chump!"

So, are there any big Lancelot fans out there? Wanna give it a go? What is it about him that makes you tick? What makes him so awesome? Or even cool?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2010, 12:24 am 

Lancelot is noble and honorable. I've never been a big Lancelot fan myself - every time I think of him I always think of the musical Camelot version. I do love Santiago though. The way they made him a commoner who tries to prove himself really gives him a connection with Guinevere that can help with the love triangle.

I'm an Arthur girl all the way though. And especially with this series, because of all the character growth. I just really hope they show us more subtle and "falling in love" bits this season, because right now I still feel like Gwen is just in love with the idea of what Arthur could be. We need more.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2010, 9:18 am 
Elf
Elf

Minu: I'm really fickel and only like this show becuase of the Acting talent anyway, So I more or less liked Lancelot becuase he was Isaac in heroes, and pretty.

Arthur is pretty too ( and my mum wants me to find Bradley James, bring him home, and then Marry him....) :). I do try and watch the show and try and enjoy it as a show, but I just find somethings too annoying or stupid, and most of the characters don't have much personality, the effects hurt my eyes D: but yeah I like it for the pretty men and the sillyness of Merlin and Arthur's realtionship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2010, 1:50 pm 
Maia
Maia

I’m on tenterhooks for season 3! :-D

I’m curious about how Morgana might have changed when she comes back to Camelot – like, what Morgause might have said to her about everyone she was close to, i.e. Arthur, Merlin, Gwen, etc. I have a sad feeling that Morgana might come back despising Merlin, which is probably pretty much justified after he kind of killed her. *sniff* </3 If they had a kind of love/hate relationship that might be a bit better, because I just can’t quite give up my dreams of the good ship Merlin/Morgana. :lol:

I hope they develop Lancelot’s character more. It’s a pity that he’s only been in two episodes so far!

Characters I’d like to see return:
Lancelot
Morgause
Nimueh
Evil Alvarr (for angst!)

Character I don’t want to see back:
The Lake Girl. Because she got in the way of Merlin/Morgana! </3

*Ahem* Um, yes, I’m a v.v.v.v. big Merlin fan. :lol:

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2010, 4:02 pm 
Elf
Elf

GAH Goldy!!! That stupid Lake Girl *beep* was she all about, that whole episode made no sense what so ever, and she was coincidently a monster that sounded like *beep* xD(spelt wrong ON PURPOSE :P) and I'm so confused over whether she was actually meant to be dead or what??? She can definately NOT come back.

I did think it seemed like the whole Morgana situation at the end of s2 set up Morgana as a villain and she wouldn't be coming back to camelot unless to cause trouble/ annoy Uther. Morgause was pretty cool though- I definately agree she can return :)

Don't misspell words on purpose. We have censors for a reason. -Kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next