Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: BBC Merlin
PostPosted: December 5th, 2012, 8:25 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Ok, this 'evil Guinevere' line is old. (sad it had come to this)

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 5th, 2012, 6:23 pm 
Istari
Istari

Feanor wrote:
Merlin should diiieee!!!! -.-
Sheesh... he used to be one of my favorite characters but now I dislike him the most. WHAT ARE THE WRITERS DOING THIS FOR?!?! O_o

Random question. Did anyone else predict what would happen in season 5 before any of the episodes came out and before looking at interviews? :P
It's fun seeing how much I guessed right. XD

Mmm, I don't know, Merlin's still my favorite character. Yeah, he's been acting like a jerk towards Mordred this season, but as Nurr said, seeing a vision of his best friend dying must have something to do with it. He's becoming more serious.

As for predicting, I was completely not expecting the whole evil Gwen thing... yeah, in the legends Gwen betrays Arthur, but that's just with Lancelot. I knew that Mordred would be back, though - I think they're definitely going to go along with the original legends and have Mordred kill Arthur (unfortunately). I doubt that Mordred will turn out to be Arthur's incestuous son in this version, however...

married Mr. Darcy 6/14/2012

PostPosted: December 7th, 2012, 10:51 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Ariadne394 wrote:
Feanor wrote:
Merlin should diiieee!!!! -.-
Sheesh... he used to be one of my favorite characters but now I dislike him the most. WHAT ARE THE WRITERS DOING THIS FOR?!?! O_o

Random question. Did anyone else predict what would happen in season 5 before any of the episodes came out and before looking at interviews? :P
It's fun seeing how much I guessed right. XD

Mmm, I don't know, Merlin's still my favorite character. Yeah, he's been acting like a jerk towards Mordred this season, but as Nurr said, seeing a vision of his best friend dying must have something to do with it. He's becoming more serious.

As for predicting, I was completely not expecting the whole evil Gwen thing... yeah, in the legends Gwen betrays Arthur, but that's just with Lancelot. I knew that Mordred would be back, though - I think they're definitely going to go along with the original legends and have Mordred kill Arthur (unfortunately). I doubt that Mordred will turn out to be Arthur's incestuous son in this version, however...

Ahh! No! He can't turn evil!
I know... he turns evil in the original myth. But they've changed a lot of stuff... so... they can make him not be evil.... maybe...
I seriously doubt it... it is only rated PG, ya know. ;)

PostPosted: December 8th, 2012, 10:14 pm 
Istari
Istari

I didn't really get the point of tonight's episode. It was great as usual, but it was all what we've heard before: Morgana's looking for Emrys, Merlin's wounded, he hears the future AGAIN, etc. etc. And from the preview for the next episode, it looks as though Mordred's going to turn evil because of a girl... really??? They'd better have a really good reason for it is all I can say. I'm actually pretty disappointed with this season compared to the others; I miss the old Merlin.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2012, 7:38 pm 

Ariadne394 wrote:
I didn't really get the point of tonight's episode. It was great as usual, but it was all what we've heard before: Morgana's looking for Emrys, Merlin's wounded, he hears the future AGAIN, etc. etc. And from the preview for the next episode, it looks as though Mordred's going to turn evil because of a girl... really??? They'd better have a really good reason for it is all I can say. I'm actually pretty disappointed with this season compared to the others; I miss the old Merlin.

I SO wish Morgana had discovered Merlin was Emrys. Of course, there are a lot of things about this show I wish, but that's the latest.

I'm actually pretty excited about the new episode. From what I can gather, I think Mordred will turn because Arthur and Merlin will refuse to help someone he knows and cares about with magic. Which will cause him to rethink what they believe, and if he really wants to ally with them. So I THINK it will be pretty stellar. I still can't get over the fact that Merlin basically causes this, though. :duh:

Also, I can't say I was too broken up when Kilgarrah said he was dying. I mean, come on. That dragon has been the cause of more problems than help in this show, let's be real. He's the one who told Merlin that Morgana was not worth helping, and part of the reason he didn't help her when she discovered she had magic (leading to her relying on Morgause, and then going bad, and then all the rest). And he's the one who has consistently told Merlin that Mordred is not to be trusted, despite the fact that if Merlin would just freaking trust him and they would work together for the good of the kingdom Arthur is supposed to be building with magic then Mordred wouldn't turn. All the self fulfilling prophecies in this are just KILLING me.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 16th, 2012, 10:20 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Nurrantiel Mashiara wrote:
I SO wish Morgana had discovered Merlin was Emrys. Of course, there are a lot of things about this show I wish, but that's the latest.

Your wish has been granted in last night's ep. :P

Ugh, Merlin. Way to go, kill a girl Mordred's close to. Makes a LOT of sense. *sarcasm* -.- he can't seem to make up his mind... "I'm gonna tell Arthur about the girl" "oh wait, arthur don't kill her!" "oh hey mordred is gonna break her out of jail better go catch them."
One thing that really annoyed me was this...

Gaius: you've done the same thing yourself hundreds of times!
Merlin: but this is different.
(me: oh so apparently Merlin can save someone from dying but nooo if Mordred tries to rescue someone he loves, it's evil. argh!)

Mordred still isn't evil in my opinion. He just wants to get revenge on Merlin... who wouldn't? -.-

PostPosted: December 16th, 2012, 2:59 pm 
Istari
Istari

I agree... how is it different, Merlin? Apparently it's different because Mordred was going to leave the city with her... well, weren't you planning to do the same with Freya? To quote Mordred, "Why coult't you let things be?"

But my fears were also realized. They didn't explain the relationship between Mordred and Cara well enough for me, so I'm not convinced that it would have been enough to make Mordred turn. Mordred said "it's hard to explain" -- that's probably because the writers didn't think it out well/long enough to know how to explain it. :duh: But there was that tense moment when Cara was trying to get Mordred to use his magic against the knights... I was sure he was about to when Percival knocked him over. It looked like Merlin was getting ready as well... that would have been an interesting face-off to see.

Finally, an episode worth watching! They've been few and far between this season, sadly. (Did anyone else notice that there were A LOT of times when half of the character's faces would be in light and the other half dark? Very subtle...)

And Morgana knows who Emrys is! Took them long enough to get there, but the next episode looks good too! "Arthur is nothing without Emrys, and Emrys is nothing without magic." That doesn't sound too good... but I'm looking forward to it!!

PostPosted: December 16th, 2012, 11:50 pm 

Well, usually when Merlin breaks someone out of jail, it's because they're unjustly accused. Whereas Kara tried to stab Arthur and admitted to killing an entire group of travelers in cold blood. So yeah, a bit different....

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. Because yay for Mordred's face! :teehee: It felt less shoddy than the rest of the season has so far, and actually advanced the plot! Hurrah!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 17th, 2012, 11:34 am 
Istari
Istari

Well, usually when Merlin breaks someone out of jail, it's because they're unjustly accused. Whereas Kara tried to stab Arthur and admitted to killing an entire group of travelers in cold blood. So yeah, a bit different....

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. Because yay for Mordred's face! :teehee: It felt less shoddy than the rest of the season has so far, and actually advanced the plot! Hurrah!

That's a good point. A lot of what Kara was saying made a lot of sense (e.g. about it not being a crime to fight to be who you are, etc.), but she did kill innocent people just because they were knights of Camelot. That does seem a bit over the top. Merlin just kept changing his mind about how he wanted to deal with it, though...

And I agree -- excellent acting from Mordred's actor (ashamed that I don't know his name. :blush: :P ) There were certainly a bunch of intense scenes for him!

PostPosted: December 17th, 2012, 8:33 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I didn't like the girl. The one and only reason I wanted her to live is cause Mordred loved her. :P
And he was so sad when she died! :(

PostPosted: December 24th, 2012, 6:01 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

*crawls sobbing through the thread* I...can't...

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: December 25th, 2012, 7:36 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

O_O Ok, Mordred and Morgana's death scenes were LAME. -.-
Stupid writers! You could have made them so dramatic and awesome... but no.... you make them as pathetic and boring as possible.
WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!!
*goes to hunt down writers and kill them*

:explode:

PostPosted: December 25th, 2012, 7:45 pm 

Yeah....I feel like major character players like that need a bit better send off than that. It was a little depressing.

The most depressing though - Gwaine! His storyline was the most heartbreaking out of all of them.

Arabella Baggins wrote:
*crawls sobbing through the thread* I...can't...

Basically. *clings*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 26th, 2012, 5:31 pm 
Istari
Istari

So many emotions!! I laughed, I sobbed, and everything in between. :swoon: :notworthy: :swoon: Oh, Merlin, what will we do without you??? :'-( :'-( :'-( I've seen rumors that there's plans for a spin-off series, but it won't be nearly as good as Merlin, and probably won't have Colin Morgan in it.

I thought that the evolution of the Arthur/Merlin relationship was realistic and well done once the magic reveal finally happened. It was disappointing that Arthur rejected him at first, but expected... and then his last words are "Thank you." *cue bawling* :'-( All of the Arthur/Merlin moments in the finale almost made up for the disappointing lack of them in the fifth series. (A favorite quote: "There are some who say that he is the most powerful sorcerer ever to walk the earth." "Merlin?!?")

The thing I don't get is why Merlin didn't call the bloody dragon the minute he found Arthur instead of waiting until he was actually dead. :fish: >:(

What did you all think of ending in modern times? It wasn't the strongest ending, but it's nice to think that Merlin's still out there waiting for the return of "The Once and Future King."

PostPosted: December 26th, 2012, 10:47 pm 

I feel like they tried to play off why he didn't call the dragon with the whole "I wouldn't have called you unless there was no other choice" line, but considering everything the dragon has told him about Arthur, you'd think he'd be ecstatic to help out. :eyeroll:

And I dunno....Merlin still being around at the end is kind of depressing. Unless you're planning on bringing Arthur back, it's really sad. Merlin not only watched everyone in the series die, he's had to live past all his other friends like Gaius, Gwen, Percival, Leon, so on and so forth die as well. While he waits. And waits. :P I just think a 'reincarnation' type of ending instead of a 'waiting' ending would be better.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2013, 3:22 am 
Maia
Maia

Is Gwen the one to lead Camelot into it's Golden Age? If so, good for her. Does Merlin come back to court?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next