Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Movies You Cannot See Again
PostPosted: April 4th, 2013, 5:09 pm 
Vala
Vala

I like neither. :lol:

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

PostPosted: April 8th, 2013, 10:59 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

There's not many movies I can't see again... but for the moment "2 days in Paris" comes to mind. I saw it in the cinema a few years ago; I was late for "Prince Caspian" screening that day :( so I chose this film to watch instead. And I didn't like it. :/

The day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon and East of the Sun.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2013, 3:10 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

'The Girl Next Door'. Me and two of my female friends watched it and we were disturbed. Like, ready to cry disturbed. It's a story about abuse and it's a true story and it made us feel sick to watch it. Never again.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2013, 3:38 pm 
Vala
Vala

motorkitty wrote:
'The Girl Next Door'. Me and two of my female friends watched it and we were disturbed. Like, ready to cry disturbed. It's a story about abuse and it's a true story and it made us feel sick to watch it. Never again.

There's another version of it too, called An American Crime starring Ellen Page.

Romeo and Juliet. Any version. Ever.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2013, 4:18 pm 
Elf
Elf

Blade Runner. I finally watched it after years of listening to people go on about how it was the greatest film ever, blah blah blah.
It was the biggest pile of rubbish I have ever seen. And yes, I watched the golden special director's extended edition with 16 extra seconds of footage or whatever it is that the fans say is the one you have to watch. Still utter toss.

Eragon... 'Nuff said.

Pretty much any time Hollywood decides they want to rewrite British history. (Ok they do it with all history but it annoys me the most when it's British). So...
Braveheart.
HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU BE NOMINATED FOR AN OSCAR FOR BEST COSTUME DESIGN WHEN THE BLOODY COSTUMES ARE THE EQUIVALENT OF DOING A FILM SET IN TUDOR ENGLAND AND HAVING EVERYBODY DRESSED IN JEANS AND T-SHIRTS BUT THEY'RE INSIDE OUT?!??!! I NEED TO SHOUT THIS BECAUSE IT MAKES ME MAD! MAD I SAY!
(The costumes are not just incorrect for the time period but in reality no person would have ever worn them in the way they do in the film. And as for the woad.... Don't get me started. )
There's lot of other things that I hate about Braveheart but that's the one which really makes me mad. There was no need for it. They could have easily done historically accurate costumes. Although, I think they obviously believed that the public would be too stupid to realise that it was set in Scotland unless there were kilts and plaids. It's not like they could read the writing on the screen at the beginning, or all the mentions of it being Scotland during the film, or even the really bad Scottish accents. Nope, whoever designed the costumes must have thought everybody would be too stupid to understand it was set in Scotland unless there were kilts.
Because obviously, every single Scottish man throughout history wears a kilt.

King Arthur (2004 film)
I can't remember much about it, thank the gods. I probably hate it so much because it has Keira Knightley in it. She makes me want to smash the screen whenever I see her. I don't know why, she just does. But usually the films she's in are good so I can cope with my irrational hatred of her due to the strength of the plot and the other actors. King Arthur is the only film that she's in which I utterly detest. That says enough.

Elizabeth and Elizabeth the Golden Age.
OK, the first one wasn't too bad (it was still bad but not on a Braveheart level) but the second one?

Titanic.
It was a tragedy. And they turned it into a money spinner and added a completely pointless love story to it.
The entire Jack and Rose thing when the ship was sinking or when he died just had me like this:

The musicians staying behind and playing while the ship sank had me in tears though.

I know there are other films that I hated when I saw them but I can't remember them. Which I think is a good thing. But those are the ones which have either been mentioned in this thread and reminded me, or the ones which really made me mad. :teehee:

PostPosted: May 13th, 2013, 4:27 pm 
Vala
Vala

Solstice.

American remake of a Swedish/Danish horror movie. AND THEY RUINED IT. The original was relatable because they did things that we've all done in our youths. It's sort of like this ouija board thing, except way less complicated with a large piece of paper and a simple drinking glass. I mean, you can sort of relate to doing that if you'd start hearing creepy things. Right? It's easy enough to just make yourself, and as youths it's like "wow this is so exciting". What happens in the American version? Oh nothing non-relatable at all, they just get in the lake, have a stick and then perform some form of voodoo seance. Um. YEAH COS WE'VE ALL DONE THAT AT SOME POINT IN OUR LIVES.

So that was ridiculous. Then they changed the most thrilling thing. In the original it is FOR ONCE a guy who hears and sees things, and a girl who doesn't believe him. Obviously in the remake they've changed that because alas, a boy can never be the one to experience any paranormal activities. Then they added a bunch of cheesy and unnecessary scares and just ruined everything. EVERYTHING.

Americans should stay away from our movies. Thank you.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2013, 4:58 pm 
Elf
Elf

Oh film remakes!

St Trinian's.

Jesus H Christ on a bike. IT WAS AWFUL!

Supposed to be a remake of The Belles of St Trinian's. Don't bother with the remake, watch the original.
I do actually quite like Russell Brand but he was godawful as Flash Harry. The whole point of Flash is he was a sort of crazy big brother figure to the girls and he didn't have an interest in them sexually. But in the remake they have him being interested in the head girl. JUST NO.

Not to mention all the stupid stuff with Colin Firth and the whole Mr Darcy thing. We get it Colin, you like to take the mick out of being known for playing Mr Darcy. It's not like you haven't done that already in previous films. Oh no.

Seriously, just watch the original. And then Blue Murder at St Trinian's and The Pure Hell of St Trinian's. The Great St Trinian's Train Robbery is OK, not as good as the first three. Avoid the Wildcats of St Trinian's and the 2007 film and whatever the hell the other one they've made recently is called. (Yes, I've watched that one too. It was even worse than the 2007 one. )

PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 5:07 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I think I will vote Titanic; I did not care for Jack and Rose but the rest of the people who did die made me cry...

SAW (the whole horror series) I know it;s about survival and going to edge of your emotions to kill on the other hand it's awful series with lots of blood.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 5:12 am 
Elf
Elf

Hostel. This is movie basing only on bare torture, mindless violence and is without any particular plot, only violence and violence. If I was for it, I would watch something about Inquisition...Extracting the eyeball in a zoom is not the thing I am looking for in the movie.

As for Saw series, I pretty like these movies. They had actually plot. And the machinese were quite inventive.

Elrond banner by Erin.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 3:01 pm 
Vala
Vala

*Jumping in on the Saw convo*

I love these films, so dang much. They're absolutely phenomenal. I think if all you see is the blood you've missed the entire point of the franchise.

I can't ever see Les Miserables again. God that was boring.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 3:12 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Bellatrix wrote:
*Jumping in on the Saw convo*

I love these films, so dang much. They're absolutely phenomenal. I think if all you see is the blood you've missed the entire point of the franchise.

I can't ever see Les Miserables again. God that was boring.

I think it has deeper meaning on some point which is life matters and how far you can got to survive :) .
I just fear it to death :/ .

Les Miserables is on my list to watch but I am not into my musical mood lol. :goofy:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 3:20 pm 
Vala
Vala

^ That's actually not the point of them at all. x]

Another movie I can't see again: Friday the 13th remake. You ruined the original. Bleh.

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2013, 5:30 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Night Train to Venice. Don't get me started! It was just so boring and it lead nowhere. The only way for me to watch this film in any way again is to fast forward to Malcolm's scenes. In the end I was like "what the **ck!??!" I was just so confused and nothing ever made sense about anything!
Troy. I was looking a bit forward to it considered the decent cast. But Brad Pitt ruined it for me. I was so glad when he finaly died (everyone knows that his character dies, if you have read history). I was in bliss!
Snow White and the Huntsman. I don't know about this, but it wasn't that interesting, I was a bit relieved when it was over, that's all I remember.
Twilight. It was very boring. I tried to give it a chance and I managed to go thorugh it once. Tried watching it again, but ended up on my computer, not paying any attention and finally turn it off after 30 minutes.
Pocahontas II. Seen it once and never agian. I try to avoid it like the plague. Unless it's a song, then I can watch that part.
101 Dalmatians II. Seen it once and never seen it again. It's just boring and a shame to the original.
Passion of the Christ. I can never watch it again. Too brutal and just a bloody mess. It was also very long and you just hope for it too finish. I don't have problems with blood and violence in other films in general.
Beowulf. I never finished it, but it was just too boring for me.
Slumdog Millionare. I never liked that film. Won't watch it again in a million years.
Son of the Mask. That is just one **cked up movie! Ah, it's so terrible to watch that my eyes hurt....
Home Alone 4. My God! It's so bad I can't even. It's just wrong on so many levels. Ah...I don't got any words.... Just never watch it!

Last edited by millaindie on May 25th, 2013, 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2013, 5:35 am 
Vala
Vala

The New World.
Pochahontas but live action staring Collin Farrel. Absolutely horrid.

PostPosted: May 25th, 2013, 2:58 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Bellatrix wrote:
^ That's actually not the point of them at all. x]

Another movie I can't see again: Friday the 13th remake. You ruined the original. Bleh.

I always wonder what's the point of series :duh: :goofy:

Friday the 13th is lame except for having Mr. Jared Padalecki. ;)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 25th, 2013, 3:42 am 
Vala
Vala

Let me know if you ever want to know, if there's any franchise I can pick apart completely it's Saw. xD

Kuchisake Onna.
Japanese people do create a lot of horror movies but they're usually not very scary.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next