Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: HBO Game of Thrones
PostPosted: May 7th, 2011, 4:19 pm 
Vala
Vala

I've sorta gotten into this as well. I've only seen bits and peices of the first two episodes, but it was enough to make me pick up the book. I like how they act some scenes word for word from the book.

But with all the hype you guys are making, I'm definitely going to watch the episodes in full. What I have seen of them is stunning.

I also am having trouble keeping up with whose who in the books, but I'm guessing as the plot progresses it'll become clearer.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2011, 6:32 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Caunion cyn Britannia wrote:
Oh this is sooooooo cathartic

One of the greatest scenes in television history. I had already been warming to Tyrion after his little talk with Jon but after seeing him smack seven bells out of that annoying little *beepitybeep* Joffrey he won me over completely. Tyrion is flat out amazing.

P.S. I want a direwolf too and maybe Robb Stark as well. *__* so pretty

PostPosted: May 15th, 2011, 3:25 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

okay first off i lawled hard at that pic.

Also you're not the only one who interpreted the talk about dragons that way. It was actually pretty lolarious. I like Viserys as a character..he's completely mental. Dany I wasn't really a fan of till about episode 3 but she's growing as a character and Im liking more and insanely jealous that she has Drogo for a hubby >>

PostPosted: May 16th, 2011, 5:44 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

ROFL

The Dragon refers less about the contents of his pants [which is a shame really] and more about the Targaryen family emblem which is like a hydra thing. I also can't believe I resisted more...smutty remarks here :innocent:

Yes!! That's precisely why she annoyed me. She was this doe eyed blank slate and there was absolutely no substance to her other than 'she's rather pretty with perky boobs'. She's getting a little more...something but looking back on it you're absolutely right. She just accepts her fate with that doe eyed expression. She also seems to be getting a little big for her boots now she's Khaleesi and has the Dothraki behind her.

This weeks episode: oh em gee...so much intrigue and snideness. Also...Lysa is absolutely bonkers insane. Her son...please die. What an insufferable brat. I don't know who I despise more him or Joffrey.
Once again Tyrion proves how utterly awesome he is and I think he's starting to win Catelyn over. Time will tell.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2011, 10:02 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Agreed once more about Dany. I feel her subplot is the weakest and often I wonder what exactly is the point of her. Of course, Iain Glen is just awesome so I don't completely dislike it. I never really noticed that about Viserys and his dragon but now you mention it, I had to laugh. Now I can no longer take his scenes seriously. I can always trust you, Aerlinn, to ruin these things for me.

Game of Thrones works spectacularly well as a message against having kids in an uptight royal family. The only children that are adorable are Arya and Bran. The rest...they can all rot in hell.

I know Jaime Lannister is evil as hell but my god, is he not the sexiest thing in all of the Seven Kingdoms. I wanted to jump him as soon as I saw him. Cersei has her looks too and look, Lena Headey is playing another over-protective mother in a television show, but man....Jaime. I could have sworn he was played by Aaron Eckhart. Must be the masculine chin. And I really loved that duel between him and Ned Stark. That was fantastic. Oh and Sandor stepping in to protect that knight from his complete monster of a brother. AWE-SOME! Littlefinger is growing onto me and I'm not quite sure why. Maybe it's his constant ****-eating grin like he knows something that you don't.

One thing that really struck about the production quality of this show was the part where Tyrion is put in his cell and you see him look over the edge for a brief minute. I thought that was beautiful. Why? ******ed if I know!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 17th, 2011, 12:20 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Sometimes I don't even want to know what goes on through your head, my dear.

The king gets on my nerves sometimes but I just like to think he's a kid who's been made lord of the household for the weekend and still in the phase of eating all the ice cream and crisps and candy and staying up night playing video games. To be perfectly honest, I think Jaime would make a good king but I guess Ned Stark would as well. But like you said, he wouldn't last long because of his honour while Jaime doesn't seem to be all that concerned about that.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 18th, 2011, 9:18 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

oh gawd this thread...is one of my favourite things on the internet right now. I love that I can come here and talk to other people who love this show as much as I do and can see the silliness in it too.

I have to concur Jaimie Lannister is sort of sexy in his deviousness. His lust for his sister is obviously distasteful but...I cannot be repelled....too pretty *___*
His fight with Ned was definetly a long time coming. Poor Ned though -nurses his leg better-

Also agreed about Littlefinger. He's so brilliantly ambiguous, I love it.

oh gawd lawling forever@ The Last Targaryen and the little Viserys smirk. hehehehe <3

srs now. I think he refers to himself as the last Dragon because he's the last male Targaryen heir. Or something. idk he talks *beep* mostly but i love him for it.

I'm 50/50 on Robert. Sometimes I think his crudeness is utterly hilarious and other times he appauls me. Wanting to kill Dany and her baby was just ughness and good on Ned for standing up for what he believes in.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2011, 11:28 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Well, we couldn't have only one person be insane. That'll just be boring, wouldn't it? And we all know you're morally corrupt. I would know, you made me this way. :P

It's amusing just to see how much out of depth Viserys is. But I'll be the first to admit I really don't pay the Dothraki subplot much attention. How can I? There's Ned Stark played by Sean Bean! And other shiny...people. But that face in that animated picture is just priceless.

Littlefinger, I feel, would actually make a rather poor king. He's not nearly as charismatic as Ned or Jaime or the others. He's more like the guy you keep in the background and tug a few puppet strings.

Watching the episode a second time, I think my favourite child in this show has to be Arya. She's just an adorable little tomboy and the parts where people keep mistaking her for a boy are rather amusing. Plus any moment she has with Ned Stark is just heartwarming. I do agree Sansa is a little silly brat and I'm not overly fond of her. Ser Loras seems much more polished than Jaime in my opinion. I know everyone has said this but...Tyrion is just way too awesome. I love the little ******* so much! He's so delightful in a show where almost everyone has a giant stick stuck up their rear ends.

EDIT: One thing that bothered me in this episode was Catelyn. In the second episode, she confronts an assassin trying to kill her son and grabs the blade with her bare hands and holds him off long enough for the direwolf to finish him off. In here, when the bandits or whatever attack, she pulls out a small dagger and....just cowers and hides? Huh...

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 19th, 2011, 6:40 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Saw the chat about the king and I think I know why he's the fat pompous *beep* he is in the show. He's still mourning the loss of his one true love, married a *beep* because her family is rich instead. Not that his behavior is acceptable by modern standards, it's still likely the reason why he lives his life as king this way. He after all said to Ned that he wasn't happy and he longs back to actually fighting.

While I like the Starks in the series the most, I still feel that Jon Snow has a major part to play and not just in Game of Thrones. Somehow I get this feeling from the books too.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 3:22 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I really like the way this TV show is going! It's differnet and interesting and complex and unquie...and a bit hard to follow sometimes...after all half of the time during the show I'm trying to block out all the sex scenes....what the heck... :)

Seriously though, this is a really good series. :yes: The books are alright in my opinion, though in this case I think I'm just going to stick with the tv series. Which is rare for me, but I have so much to read already. :P I like Arya's character as well.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 3:45 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

:-D I totally can't wait to start watching this! I just need to find time to look up the episodes online, what with finals and everything. :disgust: I hate finals.
Anyway, Game of Thrones looks really spectacularly good, and everyone says it is, too... For the first time in about 3 years, I'm wishing that I had TV. But whatever, there's still YouTube. :lost:

Banner by Turwaithiel Rochben :hug:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 5:01 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

First of all, may we have a moment of silence for the great and beloved...Viserys.

May we never forget his hammy acting. Truly he went out in a blaze of scenery chewing and assholery.

Seriously, that was rather..it was kinda scary. I'm not going to lie. I have a headache from that. Anyway to happier news. I frickin' LOVED Tyrion in this episode. Just his confession of crimes made me roll around laughing! :roll: I just loved Bronn's reactions. Because that's exactly our reaction as well! Oh and I really loved his fight with that random knight. Just so dirty and underhanded yet really awesome. Kinda like Indy. Oh and his smug dismissive comment at the end. He knows he's a dirty little rotten cheater and you know what, he's frickin' proud of it.

Allow me a moment to think of all the derogatory words in the world and place them on Sansa's shoulders. But because this is a family friendly forum I can only say she's a whiny little c star star star. Honestly when your dad just got ambushed and attacked, the first thing you do not want to say when he's sending you back to your home is ask about the attacker's own damn nephew. Seriously, how long have they even known each other? It's like bloody Bella Swan all over again, only in Middle Earth. Just no! I love Arya's and Ned's little shared smirk when she goes on her little melodramatic prissy rant how much she loves that stupid royal brat. It's like she's saying "I can't believe I'm actually hearing this." Oh and need we forget. "Seven hells!" :lol: Dear god, I love Arya more and more in each episode.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 5:22 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Caunion, you do realize your spoiler precautions don't work for those of us who've changed to the green skin, right? :teehee:

And I have to say, I agree with everything you said. And about Viserys: Denerys' comment about him at the end combined with that scene with the dragon egg - does that mean what I think it does?

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 7:56 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I forgot to watch this week's episode. >.<

I dare call myself a fan...I didn't even realize until this afternoon. :blush:

Updates anyone? :-D

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 8:20 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

You could always watch it online. Sidereel has lots of links, and the quality is good enough. Maybe not perfect, but good enough ;)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 24th, 2011, 7:10 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Oops.. :blush:

I Torrent my episodes the day after they air.

Visernys isn't Denerys' real brother? I don't think that's the case. It's more of a case he just wasn't fit to rule.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next