Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Once Upon a Time
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2011, 9:24 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Tonight was the season premiere of the new series Once Upon a Time on ABC. Did anyone else watch it? I found the juxtaposition of the fairy tale world and the real world very interesting, and the acting was very good as well. There's so much detail in it that it almost feels like you're watching a made-for-TV movie instead of just a TV show--the costumes are gorgeous, and there was swordplay and CGI effects! I also love all the little clues they have in the real world as to who the fairy tale characters are--giving the last name of Blanchard to the girl who is Snow White in the fairy tale world was very clever. I think they have a very interesting concept on their hands, and I hope the show continues to impress.

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

Post subject: Re: Once Upon a Time
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2011, 10:57 pm 
Istari
Istari

I watched it! And it was pretty cool! I like the two different worlds, keeps things fresh and interesting switching back and forth like that. I'm not surprised there's a lot of mystery and questions, and the switching between the worlds doesnt surprise me either, it comes from the guys who did LOST after all. And that means its gonna be awesome, but it may cause headaches sometimes too, trying to figure out whats going on :lol: I hope it continues, I'd like to see how the story develops.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2011, 2:07 am 
Maia
Maia

Drat! I totally forgot that was tonight.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 10:45 pm 
Istari
Istari

Ok, so is the evil queen under her own spell, and cant remember anything, or does she know who she is and who everyone else is?

PostPosted: October 30th, 2011, 9:22 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

So, after watching the second episode, I think that Mr. Gold is the only one in Storybrook (besides Henry) who has any idea of the curse...and he's loving the fact that he knows something no one else does. XD But I think Regina (BTW, anyone else pick up on the fact that the name 'Regina' means Queen, and she's the evil queen in the fairy tale world? I love all the hidden gems this show has to offer!) is starting to maybe piece things together as she hears more and more about the curse. I can't decide whether I want to trust Dr. Hopper (LOL) and the Sheriff or not. I feel like they could be brought over and help Emma, Henry, and Miss Blanchard, but I think they're also too scared of Regina at the moment. I also wish they would have more of Little Red Riding Hood (whatever her name is in the real world) and her grandmother, but we'll probably get those stories in later episodes.

I'm super excited for next week, when we get the backstory of Snow White and Prince Charming!

PostPosted: October 30th, 2011, 10:34 pm 
Istari
Istari

I think that creepy psychic guy knows whats going on too! And I bet it doesnt take the Regina that long to figure it out either. I wonder how long it will take to make Snow remember, she seems like she would be understanding of it all, her personality is very trusting. I cant quite figure out if Emma is starting to believe any of it or not, but things are starting to strike her as odd. I cant wait for next week's episode! I want to know exactly what Snow did to the Queen! According to the 'LOST' page on facebook, there are little easter eggs in this show that relate to LOST, but I'm too busy following the storyline to look for anything like that. OH WAIT! The clock in the square was stopped at 8:15! Like Oceanic flight 815!!..... :blush: .....anyway, I wonder if there is anything significant about that apple tree besides the fact that the Queen has a thing for apples. She seems to be protective of that tree.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2011, 7:04 pm 

You know, I think I really like this show! I'm not so crazy about two characters that get the most air time, Emma and the Queen, but everything and everyone else seems really neat. I saw the first two episodes on the web today, and I'm looking forward to the next one. :happy:

PostPosted: November 6th, 2011, 11:07 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Grrrr....may I just say how much I HATE Regina/The Evil Queen?

I loved the storyline between Snow and Prince Charming! At first, I thought they were combining Snow White's story with Robin Hood's since she was stealing from the rich, but that theory sort of crashed and burned. XD And did anyone think the trolls looked like Orcs? My roommate and I were shouting at the TV, "Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!" when we first saw them.

I'm interested to see next week's episode, they seem to be combining the stories of Rumplestiltskin and Cinderella, which seems like a creative idea, though I wish they would try to wrap up the story of Mary Margaret and the coma patient first, I'm not the biggest fan of all this jumping around between different storylines.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2011, 11:29 pm 
Istari
Istari

I totally saw some Robin Hood aspects in both Snow and Charming. Snow robbing the Queen (although it was for herself), and Charming's whole arrow bit, yeah, totally Robinish. And I agree, when I saw the trolls I was like 'oh orcs! orcs! now if I see Gimli with the dwarves....' :lol: And yeah, so think that Regina may have some idea of whats going on, she's got to, or something! She's just so evil, and seems to know exactly what to do to ruin Snow's chances with coma Charming! Cant wait to see Cinderella's story next week! I'm really liking this show so far!

PostPosted: November 12th, 2011, 6:17 pm 

Oo, are they going to have a Cinderella? I was thinking the other night that they should add her in. :P

One thing I can't figure out, though, is who "the Sheriff" is supposed to be in fairytale-world. Did I miss something? :confused:

PostPosted: November 13th, 2011, 12:48 am 
Istari
Istari

Cinderella is in the next episode, her storyline looks like it could be interesting! And I dont think we met the storybook Sheriff yet, unless I missed it too.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2011, 12:24 pm 

We haven't met the Sheriff yet. But I hope he's the Queen's huntsman, because that makes sense to me. :D

I absolutely love Rumplestiltskin. He's so fascinating! Because he's apparently bad in some way, since he's locked up, but he tells them about Emma being able to save them. So he's so ambiguous and I love it.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 13th, 2011, 1:48 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

My friend is convinced that the Sheriff is the Big Bad Wolf, because she reads this comic book series called Fables that follows a similar plotline and features B.B. Wolf as a detective. I thought he was the Sheriff of Nottingham at first, like in Robin Hood, but now I'm not so sure. With that interesting accent he's got, Nottingham would make sense, but Robin Hood really isn't a fairy tale so much as a legend.

I think they lock up Rumpelstiltskin because they fear his power and what he can do. I mean, the man can see the future, that's bound to be pretty scary in a realm like that. so excited for tonight's episode!

PostPosted: November 13th, 2011, 2:16 pm 
Elf
Elf

I just love Rumpelstiltskin's accent. :D I am so excited for the show tonight! It's so cool, and so intriguing. Now I have another show to watch and think about, yay.

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 13th, 2011, 10:09 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

My mom and I were texting each other while we both watched it, and we had the same consensus about the episode: Meh. I don't know, maybe I just had it built up too much in my mind, but this episode seemed to be lacking that 'spark' that the others had had--it was more predictable than usual. I did LOVE the costumes, particularly Snow's purple dress at the wedding, and I like how we know now why Rumpelstiltskin is locked away, although I thought the storyline with Cinderella and her Prince/Ashley and Sean was a little anticlimactic. (BTW...ASHley...CINDERella...clever, writers, clever!) I also wish we had seen more of Miss Blanchard in this episode, she's one of my favorites...and who else saw it coming at the end that Regina is sleeping with the sheriff?

We should probably consider ourselves lucky that the show has been this consistently good up til now. Tonight's episode was slightly more lackluster, but you can't expect perfection every time. We have two weeks til the next new one, maybe that will live up to expectations more.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2011, 11:22 pm 
Istari
Istari

It was interesting to see Rumplestiltskin's character more, he's kind of creepy. Cinderella's storyline was predictable, I sort of expected more from it, yet it wasn't a horrible episode either. I think it was probably just a way to set up an episode coming in the future, a way to get Emma to make a deal with Gold. And I agree Arabella, Snow's dress was beautiful! I would wear it, and I hate wearing dresses! I liked Cinderella's blue one too, it was pretty, but Snow's was better. I was sort of half expecting Regina and the Sheriff to be in bed together (no pun intended) and sort of not, it didnt surprise me but it made me go 'huh...well..' Wonder if Regina told him to hire Emma so she could keep a closer eye on her.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next