Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Once Upon a Time
PostPosted: October 7th, 2012, 9:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I thought tonight's episode was pretty good. I kept shouting things at the screen, which is usually a good thing in my world. I loved how Ruby was helping Charming (I can't call him David now that he remembers!) because I felt like her friendship with Snow has been downplayed recently and I loved seeing them all work as a team. I thought the stuff at the end was kind of rushed (CORA!!!), was kind of iffy about Regina the whole time though, and HOLY COW RUMPLE'S ACTING WHEN HE FOUND OUT THEY CAN'T CROSS THE BORDER.

And Jefferson was back! And the dwarves! And August got two seconds of screentime! And don't even get me started about how excited I am for Lancelot next week.

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: October 7th, 2012, 10:04 pm 

Spoilers obv.

I enjoyed this episode a lot more. I think they got their footing again. :yes: But hands down, favorite part: Dr. Whale and his "are the nuns still nuns, or...?" So brilliant. WHO ARE YOU??

I'm a little surprised they didn't show us much of Emma and Snow, but also very glad. There was a lot they needed to cover in Storybrooke and adding all the Enchanted Forest stuff (can I just say, I'm so glad we actually have a name for their homeland. Did they ever tell us it was the actual name of land before?) adding all the Enchanted Forest stuff would've been too much. However, are they really that hasty? "Oh hey, two people, let's tie 'em up and bring them to the ONE place we know is safe instead of questioning them or trying to figure anything out!" Also, Cora was a shock.

I liked the Regina storyline in the Enchanted Forest. The way we got to see more of her before being the evil queen, what her mother was like...and the relation between her and Rumpel! That was pretty awesome. They have fascinating stories. And the whole through the looking glass. I suspected before that Cora was the Queen of Hearts, now I'm pretty positive.

Regina giving up Henry was awesome and I hope there's more character backsliding and development. Because it's great. CHARACTER GROWTH! Charming taking charge was good. Red was nicely getting more integrated to the story. JEFFERSON WAS THERE. WITH HIS STUFFED ANIMAL I WANTED TO CRY JUST FIND GRACE AND REUNITE PLEEEEEEASE! Archie and his trying to be a conscience for Regina. The dwarves going off to work. Now, question: what about those who always knew about the curse? August, Rumpel...if they cross the line, what would happen? They can't revert to their cursed lives because they weren't cursed. Or would they revert to what they would've been cursed to had they been cursed...? I'm curious.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 7th, 2012, 11:11 pm 
Istari
Istari

I wonder what would happen to the ones that knew about the curse too, if they were to cross that line. I hazarded to guess that Rumple was so upset about the boundary issue because he wouldn't be able to leave with Belle, she would definitely revert back to pre-broken curse memory. I thought this episode was much better than last weeks, and i actually didn't mind the lack of Emma or Snow in this one, I felt like there was things in Storybrooke that needed to be taken care of, and luckily they touched on pretty much everything I wished they would have done in the first episode. Yay for the fact that August isn't dead or anything! That made me happy. And I was wondering where Jefferson got too, so it was nice to see him too. Regina giving up Henry was shocking, makes me wonder if there's hope for her character to change and move on. Or maybe she's playing nice-nice to get Henry back that way?? It seemed like Henry's speech to her about not wanting to be like her had an affect though... On another note, I cracked up when Grumpy came running up yelling 'terrible news' and when he was asked if Sneezy got his memory back he was like 'if he did would I have come running up yelling terrible news?!?!?" that made me laugh.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2012, 11:39 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

^^ Agreed, I love the dwarves. I squealed when they referred to Snow as "Your Majesty" last week and today they just cracked me up. I love how Grumpy is like the ringleader.

Nurr: I totally think Cora's the Queen of Hearts too.

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: October 8th, 2012, 6:36 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

I wanna start off by saying this: why show Captain Hook on the second episode trailer only to not have him in the episode at all? I was dissapointed :p same with Emilie on the credits, I know she's a series regular but she shouldn't be on the episode credits if she doesn't show up.
The ending felt kinda rushed but OMG I was completly shocked to see Cora there, and can't wait to see what happens next, and also Pinocchio apparently waking up, I hope he completly does!
The fact they can't cross the border or they lose their memories is very interesting, and more interesting was everyone's reactions, first everyone wanting to leave and Charming assuming the LEADER role and giving a very good speech lol, and how he convinced everyone to stay, making everyone realize they had to make a HOME in Storybrooke and seeing everyone doing that. Also of course Rumple's reaction, it was very much like the one he had in Skin Deep, and my theory is that the reason he wanted the curse to begin with, and then the curse to break, was so that he could be in the world without magic and go look for his son but that can't happen if he can't get out. I think he will look for Emma to do that, since she can leave.
Quote:
Crazy theory we tossed out there, Henry's dad is Rumples son. We figure in this show, anything seems possible!

I tottally believe that is possible and would love it!
I loved getting more backstory about Regina and her mom, I see now more than ever that she and Rumple have a lot in common , they were both good people, and is sad that trying to get away from her mom TURNED Regina into her.
I loved seeing Jefferson, batcrap crazy as ussual lol, I can't wait to know how are they gonna get Mary and Emma out of the Forest and if someone else will leak to the real world as well.
Quote:
what would happen? They can't revert to their cursed lives because they weren't cursed.

I think Rumple is cursed, he can't leave, as for August, he might be able to leave, like Emma.
I liked the fact Regina gave in and let Henry leave, I think she realized she was being too much like her mother and didn't want that.
On the sidenote, seeing granny with a crossbow in storybrooke cracked me up lol.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2012, 9:12 pm 

Spoily spoilers...

Nurrantiel Mashiara wrote:
I enjoyed this episode a lot more. I think they got their footing again. :yes: But hands down, favorite part: Dr. Whale and his "are the nuns still nuns, or...?" So brilliant. WHO ARE YOU??

Ditto. :yes:

I love how 'David Nolan' became a punchline. :lol: "So simple, even David Nolan could do it." It's cathartic to see the characters acknowledge what's been driving me crazy for a season. It is so nice to have Charming ba-- HEY!!!! HEY YOU GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY JEFFERSON, CHARMING!! LET HIM GO LET HIM GO LET HIM GO. *ahem*... Charming is almost in my bad books for trying to bully Jefferson like that. :annoyed2: The only pass he gets is that he technically saved Jefferson's life by getting him out of that car.
Speaking of Jefferson, it's a little bit odd what he said, that everyone's got conflicting lives in their head. It made me imagine the whole town of psychotic Jeffersons. (!) But I think Jefferson's a special case, having had 28 years to dwell on it, and having been, um... literally unhinged by the Queen of Hearts. I wonder how Jefferson knows that the Enchanted Forest still exists...
Oh, and by the way, HURRAY JEFFERSON'S BACK! :D

I also loved seeing more of Regina's back story, and the wonderful job Lana Parrilla does in portraying her so young and innocent, yet still recognizably Regina. I also guessed that Cora might be the Queen of Hearts, but that raises more questions... How come she's in the Enchanted Forest? Why does she hide her face as the Queen of Hearts?
Cora, in general, looks like she has the potential to be a really great character. We've only ever known her as the bad guy, but I think she has the potential to act as a good character, because I don't think she's necessarily evil the way Regina is "evil."

Lith: Interesting theory about Rumple and Belle, but you'd think if Rumple was free to leave, he might try to leave to find Bae and then come back? It just seems to me that if he could leave at all, he wouldn't be so upset. :confused:

Quote:
Crazy theory we tossed out there, Henry's dad is Rumples son. We figure in this show, anything seems possible!

You know, I think at some point we floated this theory, but the most upsetting thing about it is that Bae doesn't seem like the kind of person who would just get a girl pregnant and leave her. And from what Emma said about him, Henry's dad was not a good person, and it's just sad to think that noble Bae would turn out like that. At some point, Henry's dad has got to come into the story, though.

Let see, some other random thoughts on this episode: Yay Red! (What's she going to do next full moon without her hood??) Yay Archie! Yay the dwarves going to help Sneezy out! (I couldn't believe that they were just going to sacrifice a character like that.) Yay August is alive!

PostPosted: October 8th, 2012, 11:44 pm 
Istari
Istari

Taurquende wrote:
Quote:

You know, I think at some point we floated this theory, but the most upsetting thing about it is that Bae doesn't seem like the kind of person who would just get a girl pregnant and leave her. And from what Emma said about him, Henry's dad was not a good person, and it's just sad to think that noble Bae would turn out like that. At some point, Henry's dad has got to come into the story, though.

My friend and I thought about Bae's personality, but then were also like 'well, he did find a way to try to save his father, who pretty much abandoned him at the last minute leaving him on his own in a strange new world'. Who knows what that could do to a kid. Only time will tell I suppose. Henry would have an interesting family tree though! :lol:

PostPosted: October 9th, 2012, 7:20 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Quote:
Speaking of Jefferson, it's a little bit odd what he said, that everyone's got conflicting lives in their head. It made me imagine the whole town of psychotic Jeffersons. (!) But I think Jefferson's a special case, having had 28 years to dwell on it, and having been, um... literally unhinged by the Queen of Hearts. I wonder how Jefferson knows that the Enchanted Forest still exists...

I think Jefferson is a taste of what everyone will have to deal with...Jefferson doesn't deal with conflicting lives in his head very well because his screws were already pretty loose before that and he was locked up ALONE for 28 years, knowing everything, watching his daughter and longing her, and also cooking in the cuckoo stew. everyone else will have conflictive lives and memories but everyone will handle it differently which will be interesting to see.
Quote:
(What's she going to do next full moon without her hood??)

I CANNOT WAIT for that to happen

PostPosted: October 9th, 2012, 11:39 pm 
Istari
Istari

I wonder if Red will 'wolf out' during the next full moon. The magic may be back, but it hasn't quite worked the same way it has for the characters in the past. Could be interesting!!

PostPosted: October 10th, 2012, 6:19 pm 

Hm, she might not changed completely (though that'd be awesome!), but I'd bet anything she has some kind of reaction.

Has anyone seen this promotional photo yet?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Note, Henry has a bow! Charming's grilling steaks! Emma has a sword and warrior costume! Red's dress is gorgeous! Snow has a fabulous costume! Not really sure why Regina, Belle, Rumple, and Charming are toasting martini's for.

Actually, there's a lot of really neat pictures photos in that album, filled with, I think, cryptic clues about the coming season. And I just love the dichotomy of the fairly-tale characters walking around Storybrooke as themselves!

PostPosted: October 10th, 2012, 6:22 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Lithôniel wrote:
I wonder if Red will 'wolf out' during the next full moon. The magic may be back, but it hasn't quite worked the same way it has for the characters in the past. Could be interesting!!

well...I don't think Magic is entirely the reason she turns into a wolf, lycanthrophy ussually has nothing to do with magic, just an hereditary condition, however the hood has magic that keeps her human so maybe it won't work so well in the real world?

PostPosted: October 11th, 2012, 12:34 am 
Istari
Istari

I just assumed her transformation was connected to magic since she never turned in Storybrooke, and she wasn't wearing her hood there....was she? I dont remember seeing it....

PostPosted: October 15th, 2012, 5:03 pm 

SPOILERS

Shoot. So much for my "Cora's actually good" theory.

I wonder why true love's kiss couldn't break King George's curse?

Aw, Emma. I loved hers and Snow's heart-to-heart at the end.

JEFFERSON!!!! OH HOW I ADORE YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER!!!
... that was seriously the sweetest thing I have witnessed. :happy:

PostPosted: October 15th, 2012, 6:23 pm 

I was still in a bit of shock after watching Downton Abbey, so I had a lot less emotion for this episode. But still, Jefferson. JEFFERSON AND GRACE. It was adorable. It was sweet. It was everything it needed to be. Even Henry did well for once.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 15th, 2012, 6:47 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Lithôniel wrote:
I just assumed her transformation was connected to magic since she never turned in Storybrooke, and she wasn't wearing her hood there....was she? I dont remember seeing it....

that's true....I don't know lol :lost: we'll see if she turns now that magic is back and how everyone handles it
Quote:
Shoot. So much for my "Cora's actually good" theory.

I wonder why true love's kiss couldn't break King George's curse?

lol I never thought Cora was good, she's highly manipulative, and I find everything very interesting, to see if they're gonna find a way to Storybrooke and if she'll tag along.
I think the whole "true love's kiss can break any curse" isn't entirely true, it can break MOST curses but not all.
I liked Lancelot and was pissed that he wasn't alive anymore. I loved the interaction between Emma and Snow and how Emma realized the reason why she was abandoned and everything Snow sacrificed, I'm glad she got to see where she was from and that she was and IS truly loved.
Quote:
JEFFERSON!!!! OH HOW I ADORE YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER!!!
... that was seriously the sweetest thing I have witnessed. :happy:

that was the CUTEST! I was so happy to see them reunited and that Grace wasn't resentful or anything like that, she's sweet and he's a great dad.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2012, 11:43 pm 
Istari
Istari

I felt a little bit sorry for Regina when Henry stood her up, its apparent that she really does care for him, but I still wouldn't trust her. And finally! A heart to heart for Emma and Snow! A lot of character focus in this one, instead of action. And I hope that Cora was lying about Lancelot, he seemed like a cool character. And I loved Charming and Henry doing the sword fighting at the end, so cute!

And Nurr, your M*A*S*H banner is killing me with its awesomeness!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next