Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Once Upon a Time
PostPosted: October 29th, 2012, 11:40 pm 
Istari
Istari

Taurquende wrote:
OMIGOSH new favorite episode.
By the by, I totally bought the "Frankenstein's from another land" pitch, mostly because I, too, dream of going to land consisting entirely of 19th century gothic literature. :teehee: That is where I live! And I think I'll take Jefferson along with me. :P

Spoilers may lay ahead!

Well, they did say that they originally wanted Sherlock Holmes to be the sheriff, so I'm startin to think that the other worlds they keep mentioning are made up of great literary characters! :p And I forgot to mention, the Regina/Daniel moment made me want to cry! And it seems that Regina is really trying to win Henry back, but in the right ways this time.
And I guess Frankie had to come back over to Regina's land later on to get another heart or something, he had to be in that world to get caught up in the curse, because I assume what we saw at the end was his first attempt at bringing his brother back, the attempt that didn't end well. All in all, I thought he was done quite well, he wasn't a "mad" scientist or anything, didn't have a hunchbacked Igor following him everywhere. I thought he fit into the show well.
And as for Oz, my friend caught the reference to that land when Jefferson brought Rumple that ball, which she says belonged to the Witch, and when Rumple asked about the slippers, which she says are the ruby slippers. I completely missed those references since I haven't seen the Oz movie since I was 5.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2012, 11:46 pm 

^ Now, I have to get there. I wonder if I can get the show's writers to write me in--- me and my quest to get to 19th century-land, where I belong! :P It all makes sense with what Jefferson told Emma about the different worlds, way back in "Hat Trick":
"When you were in high school, did you learn about the Civil War? How? Did you read about it perchance in a book?"
"History books are based on history."
"And storybooks are based on, what? Imagination. Where's that come from? It has to come from somewhere."
(Why, yes, I have seen that episode a million times. Why do you ask? :teehee:)

Lithôniel wrote:
And I guess Frankie had to come back over to Regina's land later on to get another heart or something, he had to be in that world to get caught up in the curse, because I assume what we saw at the end was his first attempt at bringing his brother back, the attempt that didn't end well. All in all, I thought he was done quite well, he wasn't a "mad" scientist or anything, didn't have a hunchbacked Igor following him everywhere. I thought he fit into the show well.

See, that's something I've been wondering about. Frankenstein and Jefferson are both in Storybrooke. Why? I used to think that Jefferson might of been brought over because we as originally from the Enchanted Forest, so the curse found him in Wonderland and brought him over with the rest. But what about Frankenstein? If he was in EF, how did he get there with Jefferson out of business? And apparently Literary Land must have some kind of magic in it, if Jefferson could get there while his hat "only transports between magical realms." But anyway, I agree, it must been the first attempt we saw, and Frankenstein was really, really well done. :D

Lithôniel wrote:
And as for Oz, my friend caught the reference to that land when Jefferson brought Rumple that ball, which she says belonged to the Witch, and when Rumple asked about the slippers, which she says are the ruby slippers. I completely missed those references since I haven't seen the Oz movie since I was 5.

Oh! That was a really great catch by your friend! I thought he was talking about Cinderella's slippers, but the ruby slippers make perfect sense! "I heard talk they've already been moved to another land," Jefferson said... when Dorothy left Oz!

PostPosted: October 31st, 2012, 12:43 am 
Istari
Istari

Taurquende wrote:
See, that's something I've been wondering about. Frankenstein and Jefferson are both in Storybrooke. Why? I used to think that Jefferson might of been brought over because we as originally from the Enchanted Forest, so the curse found him in Wonderland and brought him over with the rest. But what about Frankenstein? If he was in EF, how did he get there with Jefferson out of business? And apparently Literary Land must have some kind of magic in it, if Jefferson could get there while his hat "only transports between magical realms." But anyway, I agree, it must been the first attempt we saw, and Frankenstein was really, really well done. :D

I never even thought of how Jefferson got there, I had forgotten that Regina trapped him in Wonderland. So that does raise the question of if the curse pulled him in because of his EF connection, and maybe since he wasn't actually in her land thats why he could remember his EF life? I mean, I can understand why Regina could remember, she cast the spell. And Rumple, well he's Rumple, and he created the curse. But Jefferson, I always wondered why he could remember. And true, how could Frankie get back if Jefferson wasn't world hopping anymore there at the end? And good point about 'Literary Land' and the magic.
Taurquende wrote:
Oh! That was a really great catch by your friend! I thought he was talking about Cinderella's slippers, but the ruby slippers make perfect sense! "I heard talk they've already been moved to another land," Jefferson said... when Dorothy left Oz!

I thought he was talking about Cinderella's slippers too, which confused me since her slippers didn't have anything really magical about them other than they came from the Fairy Godmother. But yes, the ruby slippers do make sense. Although I have a hard time imagining Rumple clicking his heels together and saying 'there's no place like home' as a way to reach our world...

PostPosted: October 31st, 2012, 10:18 am 

Well, Jefferson remembering was his curse. He knew he had a life with his daughter, and then he had to live for 28 years watching his daughter have a life with another family.

I wonder if she pulled Jefferson and Whale intentionally. After all, she and Whale had that conversation about who she had brought over. Maybe she chose them because of their failure in returning Daniel?

Aaaaaah, good catch Taur. "Imagination has to come from somewhere." So the overarching tie-in between the characters could be imagination.....that helps me make more sense of it.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2012, 11:52 pm 
Istari
Istari

^Everything you just said makes sense. Jefferson certainly was cursed along with everyone else, it made him a little bit cooky actually (but still awesome, dont get me wrong!), but knowing about his past life and not being able to do anything would be a curse. And it would make sense for Regina to pull the Doctor and Jefferson over, since they couldn't give her her happy ending with Daniel, she would make sure they wouldn't get one either....I love this show! Is it Sunday yet? I've recently found the wait for a new episode to be unbearable!

PostPosted: November 4th, 2012, 10:30 pm 

I LOVE HOOK.

Oh man. He's such a flirt it's wonderful. Emma really had no call to chain him up, that's basically just ensuring he's not going to be on your side. Not the brightest plan. Also, AUGUST!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 5th, 2012, 12:13 am 
Istari
Istari

Spoilers possible...depending on what I think to write :goofy:

Oh my gosh HOOK!!! :swoon: I am completely charmed, totally head over heels!!! I would be scrambling up that beanstalk to unchain him! And I agree, not the brightest plan at all. Because I believe he was telling the truth, he doesnt care about helping Cora he just wants to get to Rumple and he doesnt care who his traveling partners are. Quite frankly if I was part of the group I'd keep him around for eye candy!!!

Ok, all swooning and Hook devotion aside, first: yay August!!! second: what he heck was in August's box?? Certainly couldn't be his typewriter, why would a typewriter make someone listen to a story about magic? That is going to bug me until we find out, hopefully we do! And also, eerie about Aurora and Henry having pretty much the same dream, only Aurora saw a man in hers and Henry saw a woman. What was up with that? And Emma referencing Neverland in the flashback was a little amusing to me. And apparently Red will be having some wolf issues next week, I wonder whats going to happen with all that, since I assume her cloak is not in Storybrooke.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2012, 8:45 am 

I wanna respond to you guys previous comments about Frankenstein still, but I have to write a page of musical score analysis in the next hour before I go to class. :frust: BUT, I just wanted to say, come on, Emma!! You had Hook and August to choose from in this episode and you choose... that guy??? The not-very-attractive dead beat? Tsk, tsk! Overall a necessary back-story but not a very fun one. At least August was around to keep things sexy (even though I'm fairly sure he stole the money at the end :P) and Hook! Oh my gosh... Hook. :D LOVE. That is all. ;)

PostPosted: November 5th, 2012, 11:18 am 

Haha yeah, as soon as August saw the money I was like, "So THAT'S how he was halfway around the world!" Too bad Emma didn't get the money, but she seemed to do alright anyway. And I agree - Neal was not attractive. I didn't like him that much either - he seemed a bit dull and I never felt like he was being trustworthy (duh) even when he supposedly was. I hope he doesn't turn out to be Emma's love or something. :wary:

Lithôniel wrote:
Spoilers possible...depending on what I think to write :goofy:

Ok, all swooning and Hook devotion aside, first: yay August!!! second: what he heck was in August's box?? Certainly couldn't be his typewriter, why would a typewriter make someone listen to a story about magic? That is going to bug me until we find out, hopefully we do! And also, eerie about Aurora and Henry having pretty much the same dream, only Aurora saw a man in hers and Henry saw a woman. What was up with that?

I know! They'd better show us what August showed him. I think Aurora and Henry's dreams are linked. They saw each other. Somehow they were able to be linked by that dream. This could be a really interesting plotline if I'm right.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 6th, 2012, 1:28 am 
Istari
Istari

Dreams seemed to play a subtle role in the show, with Emma referencing the Native American dream catcher left behind in the hotel room. I didn't connect that at first, thinking it was merely a setup to get to the 'lets settle down' conversation. Then Snow talking about her nightmares, and finally Aurora and Henry's dreams. But the idea about those two being connected is an interesting one! I cant wait for them to explain the significance of their dreams! (And, of course, August's dang box!!!) And yeah, didn't find Neal attractive at all, and I dont know why, but given what Emma has always said about her past I had always imagined her a little more 'rough around the edges' rather than just a convenience store thief. But I guess any bigger of a crime spree and she would have gotten more time in jail, and that wouldn't have been good.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2012, 12:44 am 
Istari
Istari

Hmmm, so they can make decent looking dragons, but the wolves look more like fat black or grey blobs with heads....I was a little disappointed with the wolf effects, obviously.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2012, 7:33 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

I'm far behind replying here lol my PC is being fixed :P I SO didn't see coming Dr Whale being Frankenstein and I think is great, an awesome twist. also loved last sunday's episode with Ruby, it was great!

PostPosted: November 16th, 2012, 12:20 am 
Istari
Istari

I loved Ruby's backstory, and how she learned to control the wolf and made the choice for herself to be both human and wolf, instead of having to chose one over the other. And of course, thought it was cute how Snow stuck by her side and didn't mind her wolf issues. So all in all, good episode. (just wish the wolves looked better....)

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 6:21 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I am excited for each and every episode the writer is so talented and creative.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 29th, 2012, 1:53 am 
Istari
Istari

Spoilers

Ok, according to the comments on 'Once's facebook page, people found Hook stealing Aurora's heart to be evil, mean, disturbing, brutal, and once again, evil......I feel so alone in my Hook love. :lol: My friend texted me with her 'I told you so, I told you he couldn't be trusted!' speech, meanwhile my response is 'have you seen the man? i trust him!' :drool: But I thought you needed magic to steal a heart, and I dont think Hook has magic, never seen him use any, have we? There's got to be something goin on that we dont know about. I mean, Hook watched the girl he loved get her heart ripped out, would he really do that to someone else? And as for Charming and Snow, is anyone else a little skeptical about that 'true loves kiss' thing working in the fiery room?

PostPosted: November 29th, 2012, 12:45 pm 

Hahaha as soon as Charming said the bit about "she'll kiss me when she sees me and I'll wake up" I just turned to my parents and said, "Supposedly. You're assuming a lot." And then, lo and behold, it didn't work. I laughed. Couldn't help it.

What I don't understand about Hook is why him taking Aurora's heart (or not, who knows) made people dislike him. I still think he's an awesome character. If people can love Rumpelstiltskin and Regina for goodness sake, you can love Hook! I don't trust him, but I've never fully trusted him, and fortunately I don't have to trust him to love his character. Villains can be great characters too. I think Hook really will just ally himself to whoever will help him get revenge.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next