Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: Once Upon a Time
PostPosted: March 26th, 2013, 3:01 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Tom Ellis is a Welsh actor, most famous for playing Gary on Miranda which is a BBC comedy, and for King Cenred in Merlin. There were rumors that he was going to be on Downton Abbey but someone else was casted instead. He's very good in Merlin, but deliciously evil, so I'm looking forward to seeing him play a good guy on OUAT! (Plus...HELLO, those eyes)

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: March 27th, 2013, 1:10 am 
Istari
Istari

Hmm, I haven't watched any of those shows, so this will be my first time seeing him. I dont even really know what he looks like, since it was really only a glimpse they showed of Robin, and I was a little preoccupied waiting for a glimpse of my guy. :p ....why are they making us wait four weeks until a new actual episode again? Grrrr...

PostPosted: March 27th, 2013, 8:59 am 

He was also Martha's doctor boyfriend on Doctor Who. I love him, and I love Robin Hood, but I'm still not sure I'll keep watching. I've been more and more disappointed in the writing as the season's gone on and this is pushing me over the edge. :/

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 27th, 2013, 10:37 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Lithôniel wrote:
Hmm, I haven't watched any of those shows, so this will be my first time seeing him. I dont even really know what he looks like, since it was really only a glimpse they showed of Robin, and I was a little preoccupied waiting for a glimpse of my guy. :p ....why are they making us wait four weeks until a new actual episode again? Grrrr...

Because that's what EVERY MAJOR AMERICAN NETWORK does, unfortunately, leading up to the May sweeps months. They want to keep ratings up when the show ends for the season in May, and to do that they deprive us of new episodes so they can guarantee we'll watch til the end when they come back. :P It's one of the many reasons I prefer British TV these days because they don't torture us in that way (just in other ways XD)

Nurr, I've been getting increasingly frustrated too with how the show has gone. I'm uber excited about Tom Ellis, but at this point him, Hook, Emma, and Rumple/Belle are the only reasons I'm staying with the show. I'm sick of Regina, Snow's storyline is getting ridiculous, and I don't know why we need MORE NEW CHARACTERS. How bout give us a break from new people and show us what Aurora and Mulan are doing instead?

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: March 27th, 2013, 11:30 pm 
Istari
Istari

I would have preferred if if they stuck with the storylines they already had in development rather than adding in Owen and Tamara and a whole 'steal the magic!' storyline right here at the end of the season. I was glad to see they focused on August and his storyline in the last episode rather than keep hammering away at the "Snow's depressed" angle again. And they're supposed to be a having a Belle heavy episode coming up too, which I'm excited to see. (and NEVERLAND!!!! *happy dance*)

PostPosted: April 28th, 2013, 11:44 pm 
Istari
Istari

Just watched "The Evil Queen"......and I do believe she is back! She does evil so well. And my HOOK!!! he's finally back after 7 weeks! yes...i kept count. it was a long 7 weeks. well, technically kinda like 8 weeks, since in the previous episode we saw him for like, a minute. Ok, Owen and Tamara are definitely causing a shake up, interested to see what's going to happen now!

PostPosted: May 14th, 2013, 11:30 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I know I'm way behind everyone else, being in the UK and all, but I just had to come here and share my massive feelings.

So I've just watched the episode where Emma and Hook scale the beanstalk, and we see her backstory.

Firstly, I was not expecting this backstory AT ALL. It came totally out of the blue, it never occured to me that a backstory for Emma was really needed.

Although I am usually happy to have a handsome guy as my fave character, this episode confirmed what I've secretly been thinking for a while now, Emma is my favourite character. She is strong, vulnerable, wise-cracking, caring, sarcastic... she pretty much has the most complicated but actually really normal character out of anyone I think, and because she is so complicated, I think everyone can see something of themselves in her.

I LOVED her story, I love how different she used to be (great acting by the way), I love the story of how she came to get her car, and just little things like that. Probably one of my favourite episodes so far (even if Mulan and Aurora was in it was well.... I don't like these two).

AUGUST! OMG AUGUST! That moment when you saw him BLEW MY SOCKS LITTLE PINK OFF! I had the most massive August feels (yeah... I guess I can definitely kiss goodbye to an Emma/August romance), omg he is soo handsome... :drool: .... *slaps self*. No, but honestly it was great seeing him again, and he was being all Emma's protector and everything, and it was just great to see him trying to fulfill his promise (and without a beard... so sexy.... *slaps self*... Although in truth I am struggling to remember how he came to be her protector, I know they came through the wardrobe together, but I can't remember how he left the orphanage and she didn't hmm...

At least now I understand who the city worker is, that's one question that has *hopefully* been answered. :P

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 14th, 2013, 11:48 pm 
Istari
Istari

^^ August left the foster family place he was at with the rest of the kids who were running away from there, apparently it was not a happy home, and the kids couldn't bring a baby with them. So he left Emma behind. And I too love the beanstalk episode, but for the most part, for different reasons. Although I was excited to see August pop up as well!

PostPosted: May 15th, 2013, 12:02 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Ah, that's right. I was trying to figure out the age difference, and I couldn't remember if when he left she was still a baby or not, but now I remember. He was a young boy, for some reason I was thinking of him as a teenager. :-)

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 15th, 2013, 11:28 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I've not yet started watching Season Two but oh my gosh so many feels already. Mr Gold feels <3

PostPosted: May 17th, 2013, 12:16 am 
Istari
Istari

Well season 2 is good, brings in new characters, new twists, and, something it seems you'll be happy about, some background on Gold! Mr Gold is pretty awesome.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2017, 7:20 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I see this show is still going, yet I have not watched it. I see it on NetFlix, so maybe will start. I'm paying about $17 a month for the service, so the more I can get out of it, the better.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 16th, 2017, 12:52 am 
Ent
Ent

Once Upon a Time is an amazing show, that is structured around the actual characters as well as the plot. Even though it is a lot of fairy tale re-telling, it still takes a refreshing new take on a lot of them, but has enough familiarity where you won't be lost on who the character is supposed to be.

It should be noted, that they end pretty much the entire plot of the show at the end of season six, do a sort of happy ever after for the entire cast, ditch them, and season 7 starts as a reboot with all of about 3 of the original actors left, with new setting, new story lines as if the last 6 seasons didn't even happen. I am very unhappy about the reboot though, to a point where as far as I'm concerned, season 6 is the final series.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 4th, 2017, 7:13 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Erin Lunaire wrote:
Once Upon a Time is an amazing show, that is structured around the actual characters as well as the plot. Even though it is a lot of fairy tale re-telling, it still takes a refreshing new take on a lot of them, but has enough familiarity where you won't be lost on who the character is supposed to be.

It should be noted, that they end pretty much the entire plot of the show at the end of season six, do a sort of happy ever after for the entire cast, ditch them, and season 7 starts as a reboot with all of about 3 of the original actors left, with new setting, new story lines as if the last 6 seasons didn't even happen. I am very unhappy about the reboot though, to a point where as far as I'm concerned, season 6 is the final series.

I saw a box set of DVDs at JB Hi Fi that had season 1 to 6. May be worth getting it as I've only watched sporadic episodes in all those seasons.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 29th, 2017, 6:57 pm 
Elf
Elf

I stopped watching in 2017. The first 3 seasons were OK, kinda like junk food - you didn't have to think too hard watching them. But after that it seemed to be straining. Reaching. Writing, characters, dialogue all seemed to suffer...moreso as the seasons dragged on.

When news broke that many of the key actors were leaving, I was relieved. It meant an end was nigh. So I put a fork in it as I was clearly done. Haven't looked back since, nor wondered what happened next. Guess I just wasn't all that engaged with it.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2017, 11:49 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: In front of Isengard with Merry, Pippin, and the Three Hunters, talking over recent adventures!

Yeah, once needed to end after season 3. And the only good part of that season was the villains. After that, it was just a soap opera. Hallelujah it's finally ending!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16