Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 21st, 2024, 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Once Upon a Time
PostPosted: September 15th, 2012, 10:55 pm 
Istari
Istari

Ok, article in the newest Entertainment Weekly magazine mentioned a few new characters we'll be seeing: Mulan, Lancelot, Captain Hook, and Sleeping Beauty. Also Emma is supposed to feel some resentment towards her parents for giving her up, and she's also supposed to get some romance. Rumor is Robin Hood, but no one knows. Also even though magic has been released into the real world, everyone finds out that it doesnt work quite the same way as in fantasy world.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2012, 12:05 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

August and Emma are meant to be.

That is all.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 16th, 2012, 9:27 am 
Elf
Elf

Johnny's Fan wrote:
August and Emma are meant to be.

That is all.

I second that proposal.

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 16th, 2012, 11:27 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

^^ Agreed. Though I'd love to see how she interacts with Lancelot!

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: September 16th, 2012, 11:24 pm 
Istari
Istari

Also, since the show is coming from some of the geniuses behind LOST, there will not only be fairy-tale land flashbacks, but also flashes of pre-curse Storybrooke, which means many of the characters will be playing their roles in three different time periods: fairy-tale, pre-curse, and (I assume) after-magic. If anyone's watched the later seasons of LOST, that's how its gonna be now. Only less complex, they say.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2012, 1:46 am 
Istari
Istari

This was on facebook and I knew there was a lot of August love on here, so thought I'd share. :)
Season 2 starts this weekend for me!!!! Super super super excited!!! :laughbounce: What about the rest of y'all?

PostPosted: September 27th, 2012, 10:01 am 

I AM SO EXCITED ALKJSDGHSDJFL.

I mean, I'm still incredibly disappointed that I don't see Abigail or Frederick listed anywhere on IMDB because I need their Storybrooke reunion but other than that - I cannot WAIT to find out about Dr Whale! Really, that is probably what I'm looking forward to the most at this point. Also, Eion Bailey is listed in the credits pretty much like a regular so I'm really, really happy about that.

Minor Spoilers for season 2:

-King George becomes the new SB villain this season. If you hated him before, you’ll hate him even more. Watch out for some pretty nasty stuff.
-Charming’s leadership will be tested.
-the characters decide to stick to their SB names. (I found this veeeeery interesting in a sort of psychological way)
-episode 6 is Emma centric. We’ll meet Henry’s dad. You’ll discover some very interesting pieces of that puzzle. (interesting pieces? I am intrigued)
-episode 7 is Red centric. Watch out for some badass Granny and for Red to be in a complicated position. (like, more complicated than the fact that she can turn into a vicious wolf?)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 30th, 2012, 9:11 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hey, Once fans! So, who else screamed incoherently at their TV the entire episode? *raises hand*

Except for during the Wraith/Dementor bit because that was ridiculous...

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: September 30th, 2012, 10:16 pm 
Istari
Istari

Still dont know who the Doctor is. (Although I keep automatically thinking of him as John Gilbert from Vampire Diaries :lol: ) It was a good episode, but it was different than what I expected it to be. But the wraith thing was just weird, I guess they just needed a way to get Emma and Snow trapped in the other world.

PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 12:20 am 

^I believe the Dr Whale centric episode is 5? So we've still got awhile. (BUT oh my gosh who is heeeeee? "You're not my prince." AH so intriguing. I JUST WANT TO KNOOOOOOOW)

My thoughts, while watching:

So, Philip and Mulan have a history here?
That'd be..a little awkward. Hi Mom & Dad, we're all the same age.
Yay Archie!
Really Henry? Really? SHE'S STILL MY MOM? Gosh I absolutely hate you in this moment. You spent the entire last season basically saying she's the worst person alive, and NOW you care?
Yeah, random dementor thing was really odd.
GUYS IT'S THE SAME DEVICE HEY LOOK GUYS IT'S THE SAME ONE WE JUST SHOWED YOU DO YOU NEED SOME HELP SEEING IT LET'S PUT IT UNDER A MAGNIFYING GLASS TO HELP YOU OUT SEE IT'S THE SAME ONE :eyeroll:
Dr. Whale. I love you. I don't know who you are but I love you.
Yep. So basically it's a dementor?
When did it all of a sudden become nighttime?
Personally, my favorite thing about this Rumbelle relationship is that it's not working out. *cackles*
Ah. Dementor/the wire from Idiot's Lantern.
Whoa, so Regina doesn't know Jefferson and Emma met? Interesting...
.....I thought it only could go after marked people. How did it grab Emma? And is she the key to the magic because the true love potion is basically her DNA? :P
Hm, interesting. I'm curious about how this goes.

Okay, so I still enjoy the show, but I felt like everyone was delivering lines this episode. Not acting characters, but delivering lines. I hope that gets better.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 1:49 pm 

^ I agree with you there, Nurr. The story was interesting, and it set up nicely for a new season, but the writing was not outstanding, and it follows that the acting will be subpar, too. Except for Ginnifer Goodwin realizing Emma was her daughter. I was about to tear up. Also, Snow kept saying David. Isn't it suppose to be James or Charming now?

I didn't like the Sleepy Beauty storyline at all. Throwing Mulan in seemed forced, and also I can't help but obsess a little about the gender dynamics in this show. They've been working really hard to turn traditional damsels in distress into decisive, modern women, so Aurora's shock that Mulan would be in armor and all that was a bit ridiculous, especially after they had already established, to me at least, Aurora as a fairly strong woman herself by having her first lines be, "I told you not to come after me!"

The hat but no Jefferson? My day is ruined.

PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 8:20 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

my head was spinning lol....Rumbelle, omg RUMBELLEEEEEEEEE! THEY KISSED! *fangirling* I too love that their relationship is complicated and love the complexity of Rumple's character, it should be very interesting, I love that she sticks around because she believes she can turn him into a good person, which he is, I know he is, deep down, he's just a power/magic junkie and can't help but to make the wrong choices.
I liked the sleeping beauty thing and while I do think throwing Mulan in there seemed a bit forced, it somehow worked for me and found it very interesting how there seemed to be a love triangle with them and the prince. And the fact they were in Fairy Tale Land? AFTER the curse? OMG I TOTTALLY DIDN'T see that coming, and I can't wait to find out if they get out or..anyway..whatever happens , I love it so far! my only complain is that we still don't know what happened with August but I hope we get that answer soon.
I have a theory that the guy in the beginning was Baelfire(sp), and maybe JUST MAYBE Henry's dad. and who the heck is Dr Whale?!
I know everyone was pissed that the wraith looked too much like a Dementor so that OUAT copied it from Harry Potter, but isn't a Dementor a wraith? it also looked like the Ringwraith! I think it was a perfect wraith lookin lol

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2012, 12:44 am 
Istari
Istari

I know! One whole episode come and gone, and we dont know anything about August! I wanna know if he's still doing his petrified forest impersonation or if he's back to being a normal human! Would the curse change him back, even though the curse didn't change him back to wood in the first place? They fact they didnt have anything about him irritates me a little. And I wish they would of had more of a long lost daughter/parent reunion, it just seemed the whole 'hey, we've been trapped here with no memories of who we are and now we remember' thing was washed over because of the wraith. There was a few minutes of 'hey, we were cursed. and now its broken, but why are we still here?' and then it was all forgotten. And yay for Rumple/Belle! Dont look like its gonna be easy, but its my favorite relationship on the show!

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2012, 10:29 am 

I guess I'm feeling a bit more patient about August because he's listed in the credits on IMDB for pretty much all of these early episodes. (Though if they keep him as wood and don't go back to the beauty that is Eion Bailey's face, I am going to be very unhappy ;) )

I really think one of my biggest problems in the writing of the show is they try to rush too much into one episode. Many times in season one it'd be like they had to fit the entire story into one episode, instead of allowing it to spread across two. Then you loose character development and don't have the option of exploring interesting offshoots of the main plot. So yeah, I really hope a lot of this season is them exploring what's going to happen now that the curse is broken but they're stuck in Storybrooke with multiple memories.

Taurquende wrote:
I agree with you there, Nurr. The story was interesting, and it set up nicely for a new season, but the writing was not outstanding, and it follows that the acting will be subpar, too. Except for Ginnifer Goodwin realizing Emma was her daughter. I was about to tear up. Also, Snow kept saying David. Isn't it suppose to be James or Charming now?

The writing has pretty much just been decent, and the actors have been able to work with it well. I've noticed that in fairytale land they have a harder time writing the dialogue to flow because they for some reason feel the need to spiff it up and make it "fairytale". So perhaps they're stuttering a little because now everyone should be talking like they're in FTL so they are using odd dialogue again?

Well, old habits die hard. :P I think they'll probably be using names interchangeably until each person specifically says "I want to be called this."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2012, 3:59 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Lithôniel wrote:
I know! One whole episode come and gone, and we dont know anything about August! I wanna know if he's still doing his petrified forest impersonation or if he's back to being a normal human! Would the curse change him back, even though the curse didn't change him back to wood in the first place? They fact they didnt have anything about him irritates me a little. And I wish they would of had more of a long lost daughter/parent reunion, it just seemed the whole 'hey, we've been trapped here with no memories of who we are and now we remember' thing was washed over because of the wraith. There was a few minutes of 'hey, we were cursed. and now its broken, but why are we still here?' and then it was all forgotten. And yay for Rumple/Belle! Dont look like its gonna be easy, but its my favorite relationship on the show!

well I think if August was ALSO thrown in the mix, it would've been WAY too much for ONE episode, and building anticipation for what's to come, with more questions as to what happened to him, the wraith, the Fairy Tale Land and the people left in it, etc. The long lost daughter/parent reunion is far from over, it should be interesting when and if Emma and Mary come back from the FTL and what their interaccion will be like in that place and in StoryBrooke. the whole 'hey, we've been trapped here with no memories of who we are and now we remember' thing was washed over because it will be a part of the whole series probably, and how they deal with it, so you can't put everything in one episode.
As far as August goes, because the reason of him being petrified had nothing to do with the curse, I think he is still wood and maybe Emma or someone in the land can turn him back.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2012, 11:31 pm 
Istari
Istari

:lol: I keep forgettin this is a LOST like show, so not all the answers you want will be revealed in one episode. Instead they'll drive you crazy wondering for a few episodes, then give you an answer that will only raise another question.

So I was talking a friend about the show, wonderin what happened to Jefferson and other characters they didnt get to, and the subject drifted to getting to see Henry's dad, then to Rumple, Belle, and his son. Crazy theory we tossed out there, Henry's dad is Rumples son. We figure in this show, anything seems possible!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next