Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The worst Actors'Actresses of all time
PostPosted: May 9th, 2013, 3:00 am 
Ent
Ent

Moist von Lipwig wrote:
What...? I love new Star Wars more than old. Thanks to Obi-Wan, Anakin (who is better than Luke for me) and fairytale atmosphere. And less dull battles.

Hayden did a good job for me, I really felt for his character and enjoyed watching him. The same with his role in Jumper.

OH MY GOD YOU TOOK THE WORDS I DIDN'T WANT TO SAY RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH. Yes! I love Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, Anakin and Padme, the young Palpatine, and that "fairytale atmosphere."

Jar Jar Binks can go to back to Gungan city and not ever come back though. He was kind of (really) annoying.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 9th, 2013, 3:02 am 
Elf
Elf

Poor Jar Jar, noone likes him :P I guess he can be said to be the worst actor of them all ^^

Elrond banner by Erin.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2013, 3:05 am 
Ent
Ent

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 9th, 2013, 7:22 am 
Vala
Vala

*Blasphemy!*

Old Star Wars is the bees knees and the new ones are an embarrassment! I don't think any of the actors did a good job in it, except for Natalie Portman. It's just... *crings*

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2013, 7:32 am 
Elf
Elf

Haha :P I used to love old Star Wars when I was little kid but lately I lost interest in them.

Elrond banner by Erin.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2013, 7:35 am 
Elf
Elf

*has never watched Star Wars*

*hides*

Anyway, Megan Fox. I've only seen her in Transformers and How to Lose Friends and Alienate People but she really cannot act. It's cringe worthy.

I don't think she's a bad actress, I think she's a good actress but I really cannot stand Keira Knightley. I don't know why, all I know is that as soon as she appears on my TV screen I want to smash it. She just annoys me!

PostPosted: May 9th, 2013, 5:01 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Bellatrix wrote:
*Blasphemy!*

Old Star Wars is the bees knees and the new ones are an embarrassment! I don't think any of the actors did a good job in it, except for Natalie Portman. It's just... *crings*

Well I think ALL of the Star Wars movies are good. :)

The only thing I really hate about them is Jar-Jar and little kid Anakin. Both of them are beyond annoying. Not cute. Not funny. Annoying.

I'd probably really not like the first one if Qui-gon wasn't in it... I think he's my favorite character in the whole series. BUT HE'S ONLY IN ONE MOVIE D:

PostPosted: May 9th, 2013, 8:47 pm 
Ent
Ent

Feanor wrote:
The only thing I really hate about them is Jar-Jar and little kid Anakin. Both of them are beyond annoying. Not cute. Not funny. Annoying.

Oh really, you didn't like little Anakin? What made him so annoying for you? haha I've just never met anyone who had bad things to say about him specifically, just bad things to say about the prequels in general.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 9th, 2013, 8:51 pm 
Vala
Vala

Nicole wrote:
Feanor wrote:

Oh really, you didn't like little Anakin? What made him so annoying for you? haha I've just never met anyone who had bad things to say about him specifically, just bad things to say about the prequels in general.

I didn't find him believable.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2013, 10:10 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Nicole wrote:
Feanor wrote:

I don't know. Just his personality, I guess...
All I know is I really dislike him. :P

PostPosted: May 10th, 2013, 8:18 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I think a lot of hatred from the old Star Wars fans for Jar-Jar and boy!Anakin stems from catering to child audiences. Jar-Jar along with most of the alien races in the "first" movies are specifically hated for being grossly racially offensive. I think people are incredibly insulted that the producers and/or George Lucas thought it was necessary for us to like the films even though the original Star Wars trilogy didn't have anything like that with the exception of the Ewoks.

The thing is, though, the actor who played Little Anakin, Jake Lloyd, suffered years and years of bullying because of his involvement to the point he has burned all of his memorabilia and refused to watch any of the films. Which...on one hand, I think the response to him was rather excessive and disproportionate. On the other hand, I can't exactly say he was a good actor nor do I think he isn't clear of blame. I saw clips of him in other roles and he was bland and uninspiring in them as well. And please do not use the excuse "they are only child actors". It can only excuse so much. Take, for example, Game of Thrones. Isaac Hempstead-Wright (Bran Stark) was only twelve at the filming of the first season and he holds his own incredibly well. Same for Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) and Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark). Hell, even Art Parkinson (Rickon Stark) is more talented than Jake Lloyd in The Phantom Menace in my opinion. To use another example, Natalie Portman (yes, I'm a fanboy...) was thirteen when she starred in her first movie and she was great in that (might be biased though).

And yeah there are some actors and actresses who annoy me even though I can concede they're talented. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why I don't like Emily Blunt. I just don't. Like I've said, some acting can work with some people and not with others.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 10th, 2013, 10:23 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Oh, Star Wars... how you divide the fans.

To cut a long story short.

Watched the 1997 release SW in 1997. Changed my life. Seriously.

Was so into Star Wars when Phantom Menance came around I was like :boing:.

Saw it once, LOVED IT, was blinded by special effects. Saw it the next day, yes, it's REALLY GOOD. :happy:

Loved Jar-Jar (sorry, I was deluded). Hated Anakin. Hated seeing my hero (Darth Vader, seriously he was my hero, I had his poster above my bed). :annoyed2:

Saw Attack of the Clones, by this time my love of PM was passing. :lost:

What the *BEEP* springs to mind. Who is that plank of wood they hired to play Anakin? Why am I seeing ANOTHER hero of mine, Boba Fett as a child? What is going on with all these effects? :confuzzled:

Saw Revenge of the Sith (or whatever it's called) in the cinema.... haven't seen it since.... haven't watched any of them since....got rid of *most* of my PM stuff... (I still have Jar-Jar mug..sorry) and I cling onto my 1997 VHS copies BECAUSE the DVD versions of the original have added stuff that makes THEM fit with the new trilogy.

No.

:karate:

It should have been the other way around.

DO NOT infect the originals by adding a 16th oak banquet table to the end scene where Luke is seeing Obi-Wan as HE knew him, Yoda as HE knew him, and then adding this young bloke who HE never saw looking like that.

Stop messing around with MY generations Star Wars.

You can add Jake Lloyd and whats-his-name oak furniture who played older Anakin to my list. They both ruined Darth Vader. I don't want to see a great villain reduced to a whiny brat and hormonal teenager.

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 11th, 2013, 12:52 am 
Ent
Ent

Johnny's Fan wrote:
DO NOT infect the originals by adding a 16th oak banquet table to the end scene where Luke is seeing Obi-Wan as HE knew him, Yoda as HE knew him, and then adding this young bloke who HE never saw looking like that.

Stop messing around with MY generations Star Wars.

You can add Jake Lloyd and whats-his-name oak furniture who played older Anakin to my list. They both ruined Darth Vader. I don't want to see a great villain reduced to a whiny brat and hormonal teenager.

LMAO It took me a bit to realize the oak plank you were referring to as Hayden. hahaha

You know what, I guess the big difference is that I actually saw the original trilogy (except for ANH) after I saw all the prequels so in my mind, they've always just been a consecutive story. I do like Star Wars a lot, it's just not my favorite film franchise for obvious reasons. I also don't really separate the trilogies except in ways of thinking originals = classic and prequels = new shiny romantic effects. They both carry about the same amount of sentimental value to me, except my reasons for liking the prequels are for shallow, fanart purposes. Am I going to get flamed for my blasphemy?

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 11th, 2013, 4:17 am 
Vala
Vala

For me it's about growing up with the old movies. My brothers are a few years older than me, and they were massive fans, so of course I was exposed to them long before I could even understand them. And I loved them. They (along with films like Jurassic Park, for example) just became a part of my childhood. I never liked the idea of them making more films, because they weren't needed. Another story didn't have to be told, the trilogy was fine the way it was. And I think honestly that their greatest mistake was making it to high tech, since it's suposed to take place long before the other movies. It just does not fit.

And yeah, Jake Lloyd didn't do a great job as Anakin, and I don't think that can be blamed at him being a kid. Need I remind you of Dakota Fanning and Haley Joel Osment? Two kids (though they're not anymore) who were absolutely PHENOMENAL in pretty much anything they starred in. And Portman was a good example too, she excels in Léon.

I didn't really like any of the characters for the new roles. I love Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor, but in these films they didn't do a great job and maybe I'm biased (no wait, of course I am), but I just can't handle anyone's acting in them.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2013, 3:17 am 
Ent
Ent

When I think of Star Wars, I really don't think of the acting. Even in the originals, only Harrison Ford and Alec Guinness really stand out as actors. Personally, I never could really bring myself to care about Luke's actions, and while I liked Leia, Carrie Fisher's acting wasn't balls amazing. Same goes for the prequels. I feel Natalie Portman made the role her own as best as she could, as did Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor, but hell, I watch Star Wars for the galactic shenanigans and visuals. They're not films to showcase acting talent, because honestly, everyone's pretty hammy.

I appreciate SW for the universe Lucas created and its contribution to the sci-fi genre. And since we all kind of grew up with it, it has sentimental value.

Dakota Fanning's child roles...wow. She was just marvelous to watch in I Am Sam.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 12th, 2013, 3:28 am 
Vala
Vala

^ Agreed about Dakota in that film.

Angelina Jolie. Her acting. It's painful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next