Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 30th, 2024, 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens!
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2015, 8:27 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Just thought I would start a thread for anyone who has seen the movie or would like to. Discuss. What did you think about it? How did you like it? Etc...

Anyone seen it in theaters or planning to?

I saw it last Friday evening in 2D and might get to watch it again this evening in 3D! :D

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject: Re: Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens!
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2015, 5:18 pm 
Istari
Istari

My little sister seen it last night, she thought it was great!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2015, 7:09 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I'm going to the 3D showing on Christmas Day (yep, I caved. I've seen all of the Star Wars movies except for Episodes II and III, so hopefully that won't matter too much, since The Force Awakens is set after the original trilogy, which I've seen. I've even seen the Family Guy spoof, and everytime Mayor West says "blower upper gun" it makes me think of my mom when she calls everything a "thingy"). It will be the 3:45 p.m. showing in our UltraAVX theater, which was practically made for movies like this, but because Star Wars is so popular, I had to choose the row before the one I usually get (our UltraAVX theater has reserved seating, so you don't have to worry about them selling out before you get a chance to see it), since someone else took my regular seat (I usually like to select Row F, Seat 15, but this time I had to choose Row E, with the same seating number, since it's right in the middle). :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2015, 8:37 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

@captain Boromir. Cool. :) I thought it was really good as well. A few parts had a little too much "Disney feel" to them for me, which took away from the star wars feel... But other than that and I wish they would have made it longer and filled in more gaps, I loved it! :D

@Marida That sounds really cool! I wish they had theaters around here like that! Though, I am just glad we have theaters around so I was able to see it. :) You will have to let me know what you think of it.

I am actually sitting in the theater now. :p I am going to watch it a second time, this time in 3D. I am pretty excited (again) i have to wait another 45 minutes, though. Lol

PostPosted: December 24th, 2015, 3:37 am 
Ent
Ent

I just saw it tonight and....

WOW!

:swoon:

Daughter of Erin Lunaire.

PostPosted: December 26th, 2015, 2:27 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

:D. I know right! Lol

Watching it the second time I loved it even more than the forst go through! Of course it is star wars so... I love it for that, but I really enjoy Rey's story and even Fin's (but mostly Rey since she is the future Jedi in the mix)

PostPosted: December 27th, 2015, 9:14 pm 
Elf
Elf

Disclaimer- When I was about 7 I watched Episode 1 and thought it was pretty exciting, I saw Episode 2 when it came out, I didn't care enough to watch Episode 3. I've seen snippets of the original trilogy when it's been on TV. And I attempted to watch Episode 4 & the rest of the original trilogy start to finish recently, before getting half way though Episode 4 and thinking 'Well that was entertaining enough' to only find I had another hour or so left of the film to slog through. I'm a pop culture junky, so I basically know what happens, but not enough to really care about it.

TLDR: Star Wars is something I theoretically should like, but I just don't. I freaking love R2D2 though.

So I went to see The Force Awakens A- In the hope it might be more entertaining than the others, and finally make me like the others. B- Because everyone was talking about it and C- It was Boxing Day and wanted something to do that wasn't gorging myself with chocolate.

My feelings about Star Wars are pretty much the same after seeing it, I really wanted to like it, I love fantasy, I love world building, I love epic battles where good triumphs over evil, but Star Wars is just boring. I found it really predictable, there was literally no suspense and no drama, and with every major blockbuster being packed full of special effects, it just wasn't anymore impressive visually than any other film. I get why fans of the original like it, because it ties in directly and it's full of all the stuff they loved first time round. But a good story makes a good film!

I liked the colourblind/ gender blind casting, Jon Boyega was good, but they cast Daisy Ridley because Keira Knightly was too old to play the part. A lot of the characters just seemed to be appropriated from different things, I can't help thinking that they asked Gwendoline Christie to just be Brienne with a stormtrooper helmet on, and asked the actor playing Kylo Ren to impersonate Benedict Cumberbatch with an american accent. Andy Serkis' character was basically Gollum mk2. BB-8 was cute, but there to sell more toys.

So I'm kinda disappointed, I wanted to like it, but Star Wars let me down once again.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2015, 10:15 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I. on the other hand, LOVED it! I even loved Episode I when it came out, which was when I originally got interested in Star Wars (I was only about 4 or 5 when the original got released, so I had to wait until I was older. I'm not sure what sparked my interest in the first place, but I've always enjoyed them. And I don't know how many times I've seen the Family Guy spoof. Every time Mayor West says "blower upper gun", it makes me think of my mom, since she always seems to call everything a "thingy"), and the only other Star Wars movie I've seen in theaters (though it wasn't in 3D). I'm curious of Rey's history and why exactly Kylo Ren fell to the Dark Side, but if I was approaching my son that suffered a similar fate (like Han was), I would approach him with a little more caution thinking: "Does he really want to be saved, or is this some kind of a trick?" Unfortunately for Han, it was the latter. Planning a second viewing on New Year's Day, since if I didn't enjoy it the first time around, I don't bother going again (why waste your money). And why didn't I notice this smiley before ---> :jedi:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 27th, 2015, 11:26 pm 
Vala
Vala

Boring, predictable, horrible dialogue and the new characters were completely flat and I cared nothing for them and wouldn't have even shrugged if they all died. And if Han actually died (and it's not some sort of trick to "surprise" people even more in the next installation of the trilogy) then I'm done with the entire franchise all together.

Been a fan for 25 years but will never touch anything that has to do with Star Wars ever again if that's the case. I'll sell my merchandise and the movies and pretend they never existed in the first place.

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

PostPosted: December 28th, 2015, 10:39 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

My friend and I can't wait to see the new Star Wars movie.

I suppose it will be hard to get used to new characters since the older ones are so beloved.

The prices change depending on what time you see the movie. It is $18.00 per ticket for the 7pm showing and only $5.35 for an early morning viewing.

We will go to the earliest showing available. The theater is usually quite deserted in the early hours and full of rowdy younglings in the evening.

Someone please tell me how much screen time Han and Leia get. Was the original Luke in it? Did Darth Vader make an appearance?

PostPosted: December 28th, 2015, 11:14 am 
Vala
Vala

Starshine wrote:
My friend and I can't wait to see the new Star Wars movie.

I suppose it will be hard to get used to new characters since the older ones are so beloved.

The prices change depending on what time you see the movie. It is $18.00 per ticket for the 7pm showing and only $5.35 for an early morning viewing.

We will go to the earliest showing available. The theater is usually quite deserted in the early hours and full of rowdy younglings in the evening.

Someone please tell me how much screen time Han and Leia get. Was the original Luke in it? Did Darth Vader make an appearance?

Han gets a lot of screentime, for being an "old" character. Leia gets a bit. Luke is in it. Darth is not.

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2015, 8:54 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Well, not everyone is a star wars fan in the same way. There are those who love all the movies (myself inculded) there are those who only love the original trilogy and there are those who only love 1-3 *shrugs*. And of course there are those who don't care for it over all.

Each to their own, but I loved it! Not my favorite out of all 7 movies but still loved it. I loved getting an extension on the story that I already know and love. I personally, loved the story line for several reasons. I think there is a lot more depth to it than it seems but it will be revealed in the next two eppisodes. I lersonally don't think Han will come back, myself... Sorry to say. I hate to see him go as well! :(

PostPosted: December 29th, 2015, 11:13 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

We all have different likes and dislikes. I did not like any of the Hobbit movies...no reason, just did not get into them like I did LotR.

I can't wait to see Star Wars. I did not know it will be a trilogy. Maybe we will go see it on New Year's Day.

No Darth?

PostPosted: December 29th, 2015, 1:32 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Exactily. *nods*

Yup. They are making another trillogy and then two stand alone star wars movies in addition to that. :D eppisode 7 came out this year, next is Rogue One I think (a stand alone film) then in 2017 it is eppisode 8 then the year after the second stand alone film, then 2019 I think is the lst one, eppisode 9. If I am remembering my timeline properly.

*nods* yeah, I could never get into the hobbit quite as much as the original LoTr trillogy. I still likes them, just not near as much as the first 3.

PostPosted: December 30th, 2015, 10:28 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

My friend told me Darth Vader died. I do not remember that. Guess I should watch all of the movies before I see The Force Awakens.

Disney World is making a Star Wars Land that sounds really great.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2015, 1:46 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, darth dies in eppisode 6. I would highly recomend watch 4, t, and 6 before 7. There are so many fall back lines and references to them that it really would take away from the movie if you don't catch all the scenes.