Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ~ Star Wars: The Last Jedi ~
PostPosted: November 7th, 2017, 7:21 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

After discovering this great new cinebar near the house, I saw they had pre-bookings for Star Wars: The Last Jedi, so have good seats for a showing on the 16th of December. I'm actually looking forward to this Star Wars movie! Rouge One has become one of my favourites of the franchise, and hope this one delivers!

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: ~ Star Wars: The Last Jedi ~
PostPosted: November 8th, 2017, 8:46 am 
Vala
Vala

I'm a massive SW fan and run two fansites (small ones, one is Swedish and the other one brand new) but I don't know if I'll be able to see this one knowing it'll be Carrie's last performance as Leia. I also haaaated beyond words what happened in the last one - I think most people who have seen it can guess. I haven't seen Rogue One because I haven't felt a pull towards it at all.

But I might go with mum, because we saw the last one together in the cinema, so maybe as her Christmas gift that's what we'll do...

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2017, 11:06 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

I certainly had mixed feelings about eppisode 7 and don't know what to expect on this one. For my part I am going to pre-order tickets for opening night... Simply because it.is star wars and there is no movie or book franchise I love more. (Sorry... Not even LoTR it is close but I am still a bigger star wars fan)

Rogue one was amazing. You really should give it a look one day Bellatrix!

I understand your point about Carrie Fisher's roll... That is going to be hard for a lot of fans I think. :(

As for myself I have not so much as watched a trailer or even read a bit of info about eppisode 8

I don't even know who is playing in it other than I know Luke and Lei and probably the others from eppisode 7 but I don't want to know. I want to go watch it with 0 expectations and not having a clue what is going to happen. I like it better that way.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: November 9th, 2017, 12:23 pm 
Vala
Vala

I might give it a go sometime, but for now I really have no interest in Rogue One. Not saying I think it's bad, I'm just not drawn to it.

For me episode 7 never felt really like a SW film. It felt more like an action comedy that took place in space. I didn't feel that connection with the original movies.

And I know what you mean, I LOVE LotR, so much, but SW is... whoa.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2017, 6:29 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

I can let you in on a little secret about Star Wars, Jax: George Lucas once confessed that (the original) Star Wars was his Sci-Fi take on LoTR. Wanna guess who Obi-Wan Kenobi “really” is? Han Solo? Darth Vader? :lol:

PostPosted: November 10th, 2017, 6:16 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Completely agree Bellatrix. I just never felt the same connection with 7 either. I am really hoping 8 is better.

And yes, again I must agree. LOTR is awesome, but star wars is just... More. If that makes sense.

Gandolorin, I never heard that! That would be incredibly interesting to look up some of the details on.

I can see Obi-wan as Gandalf and Luke as Aragorn or Feremir. Darth Vader and Han solo I think I would have a harder time guessing who they might be.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 12:21 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

Now Star Wars was not a one-to-one allegory of LoTR. Luke and Leia do not fit into LoTR in any way that I can imagine. But Han Solo seems to me to be Strider at Bree. Darth Vader, a Dark Lord, very much suggests Sauron. But thinking of the prequels, then Darth Vader aka Anakin Skywalker drifts over into Saruman territory. Jedi knights? The Rangers – more those of Arnor than those of Ithilien. And now really going out on a limb, R2-D2 is Gimli and C-3PO is Legolas. *ducks* :hide:

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 3:23 pm 
Vala
Vala

Well I seem to be going to the cinema to see this after all. My mum and I saw the last one and I asked her if she wanted to see this one and she REALLY wanted to so I promised to treat her as an early Christmas gift. My emotions will be all over the place though. And I should rewatch 7 first but man those emotions... Jesus, take the wheel...

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 10:29 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Lol Gandolorin! That actually fits in a very odd way. :P

Well, hope you are pleasantly surprised Bellatrix. I know the emotions won't go away, but hopefully a solid performance makes it better? *shrugs* Either way, I'll be there with you (figuratively speaking)... I'm going to be pre-ordering my tickets soon and I am already getting kind of nostalgic and emotionally hesitant/ excited all at the same time.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2017, 4:42 pm 
Istari
Istari

I'm definitely going to see it sometime.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2017, 6:05 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Same here. I went online to order tickets, but found out the local theaters still are not offering the pre-order ticket option!?? O_@

I was tempted to buy anticket for the i max in the city... but that is 175 miles or so, one way... that is a long drive!

PostPosted: December 8th, 2017, 7:47 am 
Vala
Vala

I don't even know how to rewatch the Force Awakens before watching this one, even though I know I should. Like, after "that" happened (anyone who has seen it knows) I sort of shut down and didn't register anything afterwards. My brain and heart were just doooone. So after the show I was like "well, it was a shame Finn died", and my mum was like "uh, he didn't..." xD

PostPosted: December 8th, 2017, 5:14 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, I didn't know what to think with that. I heard that Harrison Fors told them he wouldn't play in the movie, though, unless they killed him off. I have no idea why ... O_@

PostPosted: December 8th, 2017, 7:53 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Maybe because Harrison is 75 years old is why he didn't want to keep a presence in the franchise. I heard he wanted killed off back when Hans was carbonited. I plan to watch both Force Awakens and Rogue One again before going to see Last Jedi on the 16th.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 10th, 2017, 3:32 am 
Elf
Elf

it will be bittersweet to see Leia (Carrie Fisher) one last time on Dec 16 (thanks to my sweet Hanasian). But I am torn. On the one hand, I don't want to farewell Leia but on the other hand, I don't want to see Carrie reduced to CGI pixels either. She was so much more than that.

Still trying to muster two sh!ts about who Rey's father is. I really could not care less. Does that make me less of a fan of Star Wars? If so, so be it.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2017, 12:13 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

This is true, I had heard that as well Hanasian.

I too am going to re-watch. I started with Rogue One and eppisode 4, tomorrow I will watch ep 5 and maybe 6, then 7 before going to the theater.

It certainly will be bittersweet, though... Knowing it is Carrie's last performance. :/ I can't pass up seeing star wars in theater, though.

As far as Ray's father.... I have my theory, but I am more interested in seeing where they take the overall storyline instead.