Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
PostPosted: December 15th, 2016, 7:51 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

So.... anyone else going to see Rogue One?

You know me... avid star wars junky! :P I am SUPPER excited and already have my tickets to see it opening night. (Friday, which is opening night where I live) and the earliest possible showing. I am half wondering if I should buy a second round of tickets to go see it in 3D Friday after I watch it in the regular theater. LOL It will just depend on what all is going on.

Funny thing is I have (intentionally) not watched a single trailer for the movie yet. I watched trailers of EP VII and honestly they only caused me anxiety and I wished I didn't even know going in when the time came. So, this time, no trailers or anything of the sort. In fact I don't even know the general plot line! Which for some weird reason makes me even more excited to go see it! I even bought myself a Rogue One T-Shirt and a star wars hoodie to wear to the theater. haha

Anywhooo.... I will stop my ramblings now... :blush:

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject: Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
PostPosted: December 15th, 2016, 10:28 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I am! I'm going to the 4:10 p.m. showing Sunday afternoon in our UltraAVX theater (which has reserved seating. I got my tickets so early that I was able to reserve my regular seat, unlike last year with TFA). It will be for the 3D showing. This time, I'm keeping all of my Star Wars stuff, since I tend to go back and forth between different fandoms. The only movie related T-Shirts I own are for Jurassic Park/World, I don't have any related to Star Wars yet. Unlike some fans, I don't dress up to go to the movie, or else what the heck would I do for Halloween (planning on dressing up as Rey next year, but I'll have to make my costume, since I'm not sure if the already made ones will fit)? :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 17th, 2016, 5:16 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Went and saw it at a noon matinee showing at the downtown theatre. It was quite entertaining and I thought it was well done. Thought it was one of the better Star Wars movies, but I wont get into why just yet. No spoilers from me. :)

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 17th, 2016, 7:11 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

I watched it Friday night at a 7 pm showing. Which was the first possible showing around here. I was so excited. Lol I was second in line and first to pick a seat in the theater.

Yeah, I switch back and forth between Star Wars and LOTR Marida. They are both pretty much a constant for me. Lol I did get the shirt and hoodie this time but I have never dressed up or worn star wars stuff to the movies before. Next time I might do more, though. Lol

I agree Hanasian, I thought it was very well done and one of the better star wars movies. As you say, though... I will wait tonget into that so I don't give details to Marida or anyone else who has not seen it that may read this.

PostPosted: December 26th, 2016, 3:48 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: In front of Isengard with Merry, Pippin, and the Three Hunters, talking over recent adventures!

I saw it on the 17th and it was REALLY good!!! I enjoyed it a lot!! Especially when (SPOILER ALERT) they put in footage of the pilots from IV into it! It was a nice touch!

I liked that the movie was just about normal people in the star wars universe. There weren't any Jedi, which was honestly kind of refreshing.

LOVED DARTH VADER THOUGH!!!!! O my word!!! Best bad guy ever!!!!! He was so scary and so relentless in that last slaughter of the rebel soldiers. I wanted to scream and sigh in admiration at the same time.... Wow....

Ooh! I also liked his pun when he was talking to Crenick: "do not choke on your aspirations, director. " Best thing ever!

PostPosted: December 26th, 2016, 11:56 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

:-D Glad to know you loved it so much! I did as well and was very pleased with the way it turned out! I actually went and saw it twice. Once in 2D and once in 3D. I would like to go see it again but reality probably will stop me from doing that. lol

I really liked how closely they stuck to the real Star Wars cannon and feel. It actually FELT like a star wars movie. There was not a thing out of place really, in my opinion. There were a few minor tweeks I would have made but nothing I can really complain about.

It honestly was nice to see vader back and Leia at the end was a nice touch. Just enough of her to connect with the original trilogy yet not too much to have it over done. Tarkin, Bale Organa, several of the others. It was really neat.

I also found out that when they are on Yavin 4 in the rebel base you can here General Hera Syndulla being called over the loud speaker. For those that do not know, Hera Syndulla is the Twi'lek out of the animated Star Wars Rebels series. I thought it was neat to see (in a small way) that she is still around and a general at this point. Their ship is also seen in the fight at the end and is believed to have escaped the battle.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2016, 4:57 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

All though this post is only indirectly related to Rogue One, I wanted to acknowledge the importance of the character Princess/General Leia Organa, and the actress who played her. Carrie Fisher died this morning from cardiac failure. She was 60 years of age. I hope as you watch this new film, you will take a moment to appreciate the influence her performance has had on the heroic female characters that followed in the scifi genre.

Carrie Fisher 1956-2016 R.I.P.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2016, 8:24 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

:( Yes, I heard that. I was very happy to see "her" appearance in Rogue one and very happy they got Carrie back in episode VII

She certainly made her mark on the world and Rogue One would have hardly been as satisfyingly complete without that end appearance, showing the relevance of her character from the original trilogy.

PostPosted: December 28th, 2016, 3:47 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

^ :( Certainly it's a great loss - Carrie had her unique presence in the SW universe with her aspiring role. It won't be the same without her.

I saw the movie last week and I'm surprised how well it turned out. (for me Episode VII was a rehash of episode IV). I like how Rogue One tied the loose knots in the plot of Episode IV. I've probably missed some of the cameos (I'm not such a SW fan) but it was a nice transition between the prequels and the original trilogy.

Return of the Rings 2011- make it happen

sig.set:by me;
my unbiological sissy is Aerlinn

PostPosted: December 28th, 2016, 8:29 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yes, eppisode VII was a little to much... eh... "recycling" I like it, but due to that and a few other things it is not knnthe top of my list out of all my star wars options.

I felt Rogue One was much better and well done. It would be on my top of favorote Star wars movies. I certainly agree that I loved how it tied right into Episode IV

There were a few cameos I missed because and a few others I saw but didn't cpunt as a "cameo" like the planet Mustifar. They are calling that a cameo from eppisode three. Lol

PostPosted: December 30th, 2016, 12:36 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I read that Carrie had finished filming her parts in Episode VIII, so we'll get another movie with her in it. Hoping the bar will be raised above the nostalgia-fest that VII was.

Rogue One... it was an outstanding Star Wars movie that took the whole scrolling at the beginning of Episode IV and made a good movie out of it! Felicity Jones as Jin was wonderful, and the writing was well done to fit this into the front of Elisode IV. To me, this is THE prequel. Episodes I to III despite having a few great scenes, all come up short. Rogue One will be added to my box set as soon as the Blu-Ray is released.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 1:22 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Indeed. I do hope that the bar is raised from episode VII
It will be good to see carrie in one last movie at least.

Though I myself do like eppisodes 1-3 I certainly think that Rpgue One is every bit the sequal that they are. I would call it eppisode 3.5 It was an outstanding movie.

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 7:53 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I have no problem with the prequel trilogy either (well, technically, only The Phantom Menace, since it's the only one of the three that I've seen, but thanks to getting about $150.00 worth of Walmart gift cards for Christmas, I went and bought the entire Saga on Blu-ray, and it was nice to see TPM again after all these years), or even The Force Awakens, since I don't think there is a Star Wars movie that I haven't enjoyed (to some extent anyway, since I try to look at what I like about a movie, not what I dislike).

I've seen Rogue One three times so far (all in 3D), which is as much as I saw TFA in theaters (not sure which one I like better, since I'd have to see TFA again), and I thought that seeing Leia at the end (even if she was mostly CGI, which has never been a problem for me, nor has 3D) would upset me after what happened to Carrie Fisher, but it didn't. It will be nice to see her in at least one more Star Wars movie. Gotta love that wisecracking droid, K-2SO. And Vader at the end... OMG!!! :blink:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2017, 10:24 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yes, I have been watching all the starwars in order, starting with TPM then TCW now I am watching the animated Clone wars series, then I will watch episode 3 then Star wars rebels series, then Rogue One, then eppisodes 4, 5, 6, and 7

It is nice to re-view the older movies and series, I greatly enjoy them all.

Honestly I have not seen rogue one after what happened with Carrie. It's very sad, but yes, nice to see her in at least one last movie. I'm actually glad to have her in Rogue One. I think it is a testiment to her important role in the entire Star wars saga.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2017, 1:20 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Jax Nova wrote:
Honestly I have not seen rogue one after what happened with Carrie. It's very sad, but yes, nice to see her in at least one last movie. I'm actually glad to have her in Rogue One. I think it is a testiment to her important role in the entire Star wars saga.

I saw a digitally created young Princess Leia right at the end of Rogue One. I haven't seen Carrie in VIII yet as it hasn't been released.
I suppose with this sort of digital tech being used, one could see any number of characters formerly played by dead actors in movies.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 8th, 2017, 2:49 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yes, she was digitally re-created, the character, however, is there. I just think the appearance of the character is a testimony to the major part Carrie had in the original trilogy and the fact that she has finished the filming for episode 8 is what I was referring to, not that I have seen it yet but seen that she had finished her part in it.