Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 14th, 2024, 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pride and Prejudice 2005 Trailer
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 7:48 pm 
Elf
Elf

My dear fellow Austen-ites,

It is a very sad day. Alas, the trailer for the Keira Knightley version of Pride and Prejudice coming out in September has been unleashed onto the internet to wreck havoc in the minds of the faithful.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/prideandprejudice.html

*tries not to cry*

*rages*

*explodes*

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2005, 9:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, give it a chance :) Who knows? They could do a splendiferous job. *waits for trailer to load* While I'm waiting, I found some cool pictures...

http://www.kkwavefront.org/media/thumbn ... ?album=146

Fun fun fun :)

*shameless picture-aholic*

Aha! Finished watching the trailer. It doesn't look all that bad, imho. Of course nothing can ever compare to the BBC version, but still...I think they might pull it off! Although Darcy looks more like a Wickham to me.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 12:01 am 
Maia
Maia

ugh i don't really like Keira Knightly... Idk, I just can't see her in Pride and Prejudice

<center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 3:00 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I don't really like Keira Knightly...so I don't think I'll see it. Unless my older sister drags me along. :annoyed2:

I like the A & E version. In fact, we rented the first two tapes since my younger sister wanted to watch it. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 8:42 am 

I don't actually think it's that bad. I was expecting far worse. Of course it can't compair to the BCC version but if I hadn't seen that I think I'd be looking forward to it. And very strangly Keria Knightly does actually look OK as Elizabeth

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 9:07 am 
Ent
Ent

Sorry if I'm being un-obvious, but Jena Malone is in it - which character does she play?

I've never read the books *ducks head* but I shall, because I'd rather read the book THEn watch the film, and Jena Malone is one of my favourite actresses so...

^ Thankyou so much everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 11:23 am 
Elf
Elf

eep...

I love the book so much, I'm not going to see the movie because it won't be as good as I imagine it should be...does that make any sense?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 2:09 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Well, I'll give it a chance. I love the book and the BBC version of the movie, so I'm not expecting a lot, but I'll go and see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 2:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Alessae wrote:
Sorry if I'm being un-obvious, but Jena Malone is in it - which character does she play?

I've never read the books *ducks head* but I shall, because I'd rather read the book THEn watch the film, and Jena Malone is one of my favourite actresses so...

I'm pretty sure Jena Malone plays Lydia, who is Elizabeth's (Keira Knightley) younger sister (Lydia is the wayward, sort of giggly and guy-crazy one in the family). Have you seen Jena in Saved! ? That's the only movie I've seen her in, besides a bit of Stepmom.

Btw, Elanor, when I was watching the trailer, it was freaky...Keira was reminding me of Jennifer Ehle's mannerisms and accent from the A&E/BBC version!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 3:16 pm 

Quote:
Btw, Elanor, when I was watching the trailer, it was freaky...Keira was reminding me of Jennifer Ehle's mannerisms and accent from the A&E/BBC version!

I know what you mean I thought the same at some bits - it was quite scary though I suppose that's why I thought she might make an OK Elizabeth because my metal picture of Elizabeth is Jennifer Ehle. She's not as pretty as Jennifer though and looks more dreamy and less lively which doesn't seem right for Elizabeth

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 4:41 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

...not to mention she's waaaaaaaaaaay too skinny for that era. She would have been considered incredibly sickly.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2005, 5:41 pm 
Maia
Maia

ewwww...they're making a newer version. Has anyone seen the original? A masterpiece...this one looks pretty....jacked up...I loved the original...*sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2005, 1:37 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

There isn't much chance anyone will pull of Darcy like Colin Firth does! I think pretty much everyone has seen him in the role!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2005, 3:15 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Yup, Colin is THE Darcy. I don't think anyone can compare to his portrayal...

Still, to be fair, the guy they got for the 2005 version may not be too bad. I mean, he seems to have Darcy's personality in real life :annoyed2: I read an article about him where the interviewer asked him something about his personal life and he basically told her to shut up and wasn't terribly gentlemanly about it. So hey, if he just keeps up that attitude for most of P&P, he should work fine!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2005, 3:40 pm 
Elf
Elf

Grah, I don't think this guy will do very well as Colin Firth. No one, and I mean NO ONE can pull off Darcy like Colin. And Keira Knightley annoys me, so in my opinion they cast almost the worst person to play one of my favorite characters ever. Also, this one doesn't look like it'll be as historically accurate as the BBC masterpiece.
Oh, another thing about this new Darcy, I read an interview with him a while back, and he admitted to never having read the book... okay Colin Firth hadn't read it until he got the part, but at least he read it! I believe this new wannabe Darcy said something to the nature of "well we're doing the screenplay, not the book" How does he expect to be able to accurately portray one of the most beloved literary characters ever without even reading the original?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2005, 11:35 pm 

teehee, Jenny already knows what I think. She showed me the trailer the other night on MSN. I'm erm, skeptical, let's say, since at least the tag line twists Jane Austin (in an age where the best women could hope for...a woman ahead of her time! :confused2: ), but I definately plan to go ahead and see it when it comes out.

Jenny, I'll say this about the actor never having read the book: remember, many of the actors in LotR hadn't read it before the movie, either. Let's see what happens!

I'm willing to take a wait-and-see approach. I definatley hope that this is a great movie. I'm so much in love with the BBC version, though, it'll be hard to replace that one!

Profile       WWW