Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 4th, 2024, 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2007, 10:53 pm 
Maia
Maia

eowyn of ithilien wrote:
^ yay, i'm not the only one! i don't do it intentionally either. so that's a special club of me, you and orwell then. i'd say we're in good company.

Yay, I'm in a special club :D I'd say we're in good company, too. :)

Thank you for five-plus wonderful years of obsession, friendship and fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2007, 10:57 pm 
Elf
Elf

I'm trying to write some stuff too. I've actually got a few stories in the works now. One is a big fantasy epic, and I have a few other historical romances I'm working on. My problem is, I have so many little ideas floating around in my head that I jump from one story to another, and I can't seem to stick with one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2007, 6:51 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Location: Minas Tirth, most of the time, but otherwise, I'm in Corus, talking to and healing animals....

That's so cool! I didn't know so many people were writing books/series! Idk if I'm going to make mine into like a tilogy or, quartet, or just a novel, I'll probably do with just a novel, and might do a sequel to it... But that is a long way off into the future! lol. That's so cool though that there are so many writers out there! I thought there wouldn't be this many! lol. I'm glad that there are, cuz then it gives us something more to talk about! lol!
-The FAE
Kel

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2007, 9:30 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

~RinielAranel~ wrote:
I do it all the time. Every moment is being narrated in my head, and I don't usually try to do it...it just happens. :P Shame I lose it all.

And every once in a while, I'll find myself narrating something, and I'll go over that one piece until I get a good sentence, only to realize that a minute has passed and I'm still perfecting a narration from a while ago. :P

It's really quite odd. I think it's what my inner writer does to occupy itself when it gets bored. :teehee:

I can be quite poetic when I'm narrating something in my head. Anything remotely inspiring, and I'd automatically put it in poetry/philosophy/story terms. Once I saw a few brown leaves clinging to a tree branch in the sunset, and the first thing I thought was "Autumn leaves gilded in crimson fire..." And I haven't begun to speak of the time when I began describing my actions in third person. I wasn't even aware of it until thirty seconds later.

I'm currently working on a series I've written since 4th grade, though I've dropped off all my completed works in that series save for my current (the ones I wrote before last year really reflect on my stupidity). It's a fantasy epic, 200 pages long and I'm not even halfway through.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2007, 10:25 pm 
Kallisti
Kallisti

I'm in the middle of the forest of wiritng a trilogy, but as of now, its being stupid and i cant figure out where i want to start, so i have two versions...

My friend and i are writing a series, i did right pictures of women standing in front of these open gates, she got inspired, which inspired me so now we're writing about them. I then drew a picture of their brother, who had been turned into a Dragon because of the'r father's wrath. Each has a name, a presonality, something they're guarding, and we hope to write one book on each, with the Dragon as the final clash, its actually a good plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2007, 4:23 am 
Maia
Maia

^Pictures can be so inspirational. I've written tons of short stories in my head off of pictures.

PM me with prayer requests
www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 25th, 2007, 11:03 am 
Maia
Maia

In response to the original question here... I would very much like to... But I am not a great writer at all... And lets just say that I'm not a spelling/grammar savvy person. *points to avatar* But, none of the less, I have ideas slowly cooking up in my head...

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2007, 11:34 pm 
Elf
Elf

I'm writing books *wow you guys r very special you're the 1st ppl 2 find out I'm writing books* well anyway there's one of a vampire,one about a gothic outcast, and one about just a lot of depressing things

[: ? # = $ ^ ~ +]

Normal is for Muggles!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2007, 11:50 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Dark, Queen of Angmar wrote:
I'm in the middle of the forest of wiritng a trilogy, but as of now, its being stupid and i cant figure out where i want to start, so i have two versions...

My friend and i are writing a series, i did right pictures of women standing in front of these open gates, she got inspired, which inspired me so now we're writing about them. I then drew a picture of their brother, who had been turned into a Dragon because of the'r father's wrath. Each has a name, a presonality, something they're guarding, and we hope to write one book on each, with the Dragon as the final clash, its actually a good plan.

That sounds a lot like our series! :jawdrop: Yours is going to be awesome too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2007, 1:20 pm 
Elf
Elf

where do you guys go to calm down and write *I go in the middle of the woods behind my house-don't think I'm weird*

[: ? # = $ ^ ~ +]

Normal is for Muggles!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2007, 5:54 pm 
Kallisti
Kallisti

Aramel Elyanwë wrote:
Dark, Queen of Angmar wrote:

That sounds a lot like our series! :jawdrop: Yours is going to be awesome too!

yours'll be great too!

and im suprised you could even understand what i wrote, my spelling is slipping away slowly but surely

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 28th, 2007, 6:58 pm 
Vala
Vala

I'm writing a book too! Or at least trying to. Its very slow going. I'm writing a fantasy story about a girl who learns she's a wizard. Its hard to keep her from being too much of an ordinary super woman hero. Its hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 28th, 2007, 9:36 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

I'm writing a book. I'm actually on the second of a series, but I need a plot idea... I think it up! Tur is the first to read the first book! And I've got lots of new characters! *swivels eyes*

I have a more complicated plot that I'm working on... more characters...Same land... Yes, invented a land, drew a map... somewere on A-U it is... in the deptchs of the forum...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 29th, 2007, 8:22 am 
Maia
Maia

My book has a made-up land. But I'm absolutely TERRIBLE at drawing maps.

PM me with prayer requests
www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 29th, 2007, 8:05 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

hm... if you got a layout of the land for me, I could draw a more detailed map for you!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 30th, 2007, 5:52 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

I sometimes try writing a book, but I never seem to finish them. I always lose interest, or begin to think that it's awful. :confused:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next