Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2007, 10:07 pm 
Maia
Maia

Location: I'm everywhere at once. I am currently lost in the land of quotes.

I'm working on two fantasy-like short stories right now. :)

I have a little tip that I've used:

If you're trying to get an idea for a book, write a short poem about what you want your book to be about. It helps you get your ideas sorted and with a poem, you don't have to have as much detail, you can pay attention to the larger things.

"I am he [she =P] that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 18th, 2007, 7:37 am 
Maia
Maia

I'm in the 2nd chapter of a fantasy story, and hoping to edit the first edition of what I'm rewriting now, so there can be the version I'm on now and the younger kid's version.

PM me with prayer requests
www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 18th, 2007, 7:59 am 
Istari
Istari

Minas~Tirith~Maid wrote:
"it's really weird, but i often think in verse. poetry just comes naturally to me."
That's AWESOME! Do you do that on purpose? Or does it just happen that way?

it just happens that way sometimes. a line will pop into my head and refuse to go away, and after that, every thought i have is naturally in the same rhythm as the first line. the rhyme scheme comes naturally at first too, although that needs a little more thought later on, to heep the pattern going.

**MY BOOK**

~ proud to be a shieldmaiden for christ ~
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 18th, 2007, 8:47 am 
Maia
Maia

None of my poems rhyme.

www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 18th, 2007, 9:10 am 
Istari
Istari

^ all but one of mine do. i can read non-rhyming poems (i love sylvia plath, and i don't recall any of her poems rhyming), but it jarrs with me to write them.

**MY BOOK**

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 18th, 2007, 10:27 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Location: Minas Tirth, most of the time, but otherwise, I'm in Corus, talking to and healing animals....

That really awesome you think inverse sometimes! I try to make my poems rhym... but then they sound weird like just nonsense. haha, So my better ones are the ones that don't.

"I'm in the 2nd chapter of a fantasy story, and hoping to edit the first edition of what I'm rewriting now, so there can be the version I'm on now and the younger kid's version." -The Nightingale
That's cool. I never thought of making two versions. That's smart. You are planing on publishing it aren't you?
I am planing on publishing mine.... Sometime... I dn't know if anyone would want to read it though... o.O
-The FAE,
Kel

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 18th, 2007, 10:57 pm 

*shuffles in quietly and raises hand*

I'm not writing a book per say, but I have written several short stories which have been published online. Sadly, most of them are fanfics, but I'm actually working on something of my own creation right now that should rank up to a good amount of reading when I'm done. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2007, 9:47 pm 
Maia
Maia

I'm what I'd like to call a storyteller. :P I'm always thinking of new stories, and attempting to write them down in book form. But my short attention span and busy schedule hardly allows for that.

I'm still currently working on a fantasy series, though. I haven't written much actual book - mostly background info. :)

Thank you for five-plus wonderful years of obsession, friendship and fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2007, 10:33 pm 
Istari
Istari

i may just end up making myself sound really strange, but i'll have a go anyway. does anybody else ever do a running commentary of their actions in their head, but thinking it in the style of a story? i don't do it so often now, but i used to do it all the time - saying (in my head, never out loud) what i was doing, but making it sound more descriptive, like a section of narration from a novel. i know gorge orwell used to do it (he says so in his essay 'why i write') but i've never actually met anyone else who did/does it. you kind of seem the people to ask.

**MY BOOK**

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2007, 11:27 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

I am currently in the process of writing a book using some ideas I started working on back in 1999, which I then revamped in 2004 and finally brought together as one whole plot last year. I have a complete family tree going back 6 or 7 generations, a complete floor plan of the 3-story-house in which the book is going to take place, the storyline from beginning to end, as well as a setup for a sequel thought out. All I need to do now is write it all down, lol

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2007, 8:13 am 
Maia
Maia

Minas~Tirith~Maid wrote:
"I'm in the 2nd chapter of a fantasy story, and hoping to edit the first edition of what I'm rewriting now, so there can be the version I'm on now and the younger kid's version." -The Nightingale
That's cool. I never thought of making two versions. That's smart. You are planing on publishing it aren't you?
I am planing on publishing mine.... Sometime... I dn't know if anyone would want to read it though... o.O
-The FAE,
Kel

Well, the first version was absolutely totally rotten, in fact, the names were stupid and confusing, and I added characters and parts I didn't need to just to make the 50,000 Nanowrimo thing, so yeah.
I will hopefully publish it... If it ever reaches completion. Of course, I'd need a publisher, as well, and which to get I have no clue.

www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2007, 12:53 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Sounds like a lot of other people are also writing fantasy. Hm.

Anyway, my friend and I are co-writing a fantasy series (12 books) and we're hoping to get it published in high school sometime. So far we only have one complete and we're working on the second. It takes roughly a year to complete each book and we just started the second one. My friend is currently reviewing our first book since she's a teenager and a girl (that's the audience we're directing the books toward) and she really really likes it so far.

My main fear has been if any body will read it and if we can even get it published. I can't picture myself doing anything else in life than writing. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2007, 6:12 pm 
Maia
Maia

eowyn of ithilien wrote:
i may just end up making myself sound really strange, but i'll have a go anyway. does anybody else ever do a running commentary of their actions in their head, but thinking it in the style of a story? i don't do it so often now, but i used to do it all the time - saying (in my head, never out loud) what i was doing, but making it sound more descriptive, like a section of narration from a novel. i know gorge orwell used to do it (he says so in his essay 'why i write') but i've never actually met anyone else who did/does it. you kind of seem the people to ask.

I do it all the time. Every moment is being narrated in my head, and I don't usually try to do it...it just happens. :P Shame I lose it all.

And every once in a while, I'll find myself narrating something, and I'll go over that one piece until I get a good sentence, only to realize that a minute has passed and I'm still perfecting a narration from a while ago. :P

It's really quite odd. I think it's what my inner writer does to occupy itself when it gets bored. :teehee:

Thank you for five-plus wonderful years of obsession, friendship and fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2007, 10:43 pm 
Istari
Istari

^ yay, i'm not the only one! i don't do it intentionally either. so that's a special club of me, you and orwell then. i'd say we're in good company.

**MY BOOK**

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2007, 7:30 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I'm in the process of writing a fantasy novel though its been slow going. If you can help it, avoid too many typical fantasy genre clichés. A couple good resource sites I've found are Alternative Reality Writers Zone & Scribe's.

Good luck on the book!

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2007, 7:57 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

I'm trying to write a novel but it's going reeeally slow. Plus, it doesn't help that I keep completely switching topics everyone couple months :disgust:

"I'll tell you truly: I value my thought and work terribly, but in essence - think about it - this whole world of ours is just a bit of mildew that grew over a tiny planet. And we think we can have something great - thoughts, deeds! They're all grains of sand." - Levin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next