Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 12:08 am 

*has been patted*

Thanks dearie, you've no idea how much I needed that. :)

Yup, I agree with everything you've said. I think, since we both have chosen to ignore this irrelevant information it's time we moved on.

Am I that predictible? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 4:59 am 

*hug Lar and JF*

*has just read that one article on bbc about JKR her little revelation on the bbc site. and ish shocked*

Okay, breathes in and breathes out.

First get this straight. I've totally respect everyone's sexual orientation but why? Why did she have to add this one little detail? It doesn't fit in the series for a bit. I mean Dumbledore in love with Gellert Grindelwald? That's just cheap. I'm sorry, but she sounds exactly like a fanfiction writer instead of the author of HP who created that brilliant world of magic.

It just doesn't make any sense why she had to say such a thing. I guess it was to create more publicity for her books or her image. But for me, she has spoiled things.

*sighs* :(

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 1:30 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

*huggles Larael and Will*

Glad to have you hear Will, talking about this. I assure you me and Larael feel the same, and I totally agree with you actually, about how it sounds more like a fanfiction thing and it sounds cheap. I remember once actually reading that in response to many fanfiction sites, she welcomed slash pairings (slash is male/male or female/female isn't it? I get confused with all these terms) so maybe it's one for "those" type of fanfiction people.

*nods until head falls off* I believe it also has something to do with the "image" of her and her books. Maybe she wanted them to be taken as more than a children's book (although the last 2 were not kid friendly I don't think) and she thought if she threw in something that's really "in" at the moment, that would work.

And all this crap about her being shocked at the fans reaction and her saying blah blah blah "he's my character, from my book and I'll do what I want with him". Yes, very nice JKR. Give the fans that have made you the second richest woman in England after the Queen, something that they mostly won't like, and then have the cheek to start getting high and mighty about your books.

*huggles Larael and Will again*

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 3:01 pm 

*hath been huggled triple time* :)

That's definitely a good way to put it Will. Cheap is the word I've been searching for this entire time. And yeah, "slash pairings" are male/male or female/female. All she's done is fueled the fire...

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 4:55 pm 
Maia
Maia

I'm just going to ignore it.

Although I must say, it was very entertaining to hear... though it greatly saddens me that JK would write such a... cheap, (great word, btw!), detail into her world. Funny, still, though, very funny...

<center>“Envy consists in seeing things never in themselves, but only in their relations. If you desire glory, you may envy Napoleon, but Napoleon envied Caesar, Caesar envied Alexander, and Alexander, I daresay, envied Hercules, who never existed.”
at one point, I was alejandrah.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2007, 10:28 pm 

It's interesting that we all agree. I'm surprised no one has come along and disagreed with us yet. Again, I speak for all of us when I say that we have nothing against gay people, just the cheap and unimportant facts that JKR sees fit to reveal to us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2007, 3:27 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Yes, that is true. I dunno if anyone has been to Mugglenet, there was this huge honking post about it all there, and they all thought it was brilliant that she added it, blah, blah, blah. Nice to have a such an important message, etc. ect. etc.

They have been blinded by this message I think.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 1:58 am 

You know, I'm not actually bothered by Dumbledore being homosexual, I think it's kinda cool, I guess it shows....diversity. However, I agree that it's silly that she shares it now, rather than in the books. However, that would have been kind of strange to have in the books...."Oh, by the way Harry, I'm gay!" But, I'm sure JK would have been able to have a flash back, because homosexuality is definitely something that would have impacted Dumbledore greatly and led to many of the choices he made.

Hehehe, my mom was shocked as well, I remember going home to do my laundry one weekend and when I walked in the door she said "Did you hear! Dumbledore is gay! I always wanted him and McGonagall to end up together!" I just shook my head at her, silly mom :teehee:

[Will accept any PM! So PM me! :teehee:]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 5:51 am 

What is wrong with that??? They would have been match made in heaven ;-)

Do we ever hear about the professors private lives in general? Does McGonagall have a family?

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 1:37 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

I just think it was clearly added to be another message to the world, and for her to gain more praise. She had already shown like a million messages in HP already.... and this was just frankly, unbelievable. She cannot have had Dumbledore being best friends with another male and then declaring because of this friendship it meant he was gay.

I'll bet you anything you like, after she wrote about him and whats-his-name she thought "hmm... now how can I possibly add another morla message to this story".

I always wanted McGonagall and Dumbledore to be together as well. I always got the tiniest impression she liked him, or it could just have been respect.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 10:13 pm 

Goodness, am I the only non-Dumbledore/McGonagall shipper here? :P

Things have definitely died down about all this, and I think that's for the better. The less emphasis and news coverage there is on it, the happier I'll be.

I was listening to MuggleCast last weekend [as usual :P] and they brought up the fact that JKR said she's always thought of Dumbledore as being gay. I'm not trying to deny what she said [Because I believe she said "Dumbledore is gay" after the fact], but that leads me to believe that she never really intended him to be gay. It was an infatuation. He was 16/17 years old, and for all we know it was one-sided, which makes it all the more tragic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 11:39 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

*poke*

Looks like it. :P No actually, that only lasted with PS for me. I never thought much more about it after that.

How can an author only "think" their character is something. :blink: That doesn't make much sense to me.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2007, 12:26 am 

Lol. It's funny how many of them are out there though, including the closet fans as well. :P

I can't make much sense of it either, unless she sees Dumbledore as a real life person, which still makes no sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 3:44 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Can't can really make much sence of that either.

This is just what I've heard, but apperently J.K. Rowling is writing anther book. She's only making 5 copys and it has nothing to do with HP. Has anyone heard about this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 3:50 pm 
Maia
Maia

Oh, it makes perfect sense. Sometimes characters develop such a personality that they just take on a life of their own. It's really not fun at all. =[

I've kind of always suspected Dumbledore was a bit of a whoopsy, but I never expected JK to just come right out and say it. :blink:

<center>“Envy consists in seeing things never in themselves, but only in their relations. If you desire glory, you may envy Napoleon, but Napoleon envied Caesar, Caesar envied Alexander, and Alexander, I daresay, envied Hercules, who never existed.”
at one point, I was alejandrah.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 10:16 pm 

Well, what's done is done, and truthfully I'm pretty much over it. Thanks, Marcellus for the explanation as well. I just couldn't wrap my head around it! :P

@ Nymphadora: I think you're talking about "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" which JKR handwrote 7 copies of [including illustrations!]. She gave away 6 and auctioned one off for charity.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next