Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 11th, 2008, 1:58 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Well, ForeverFrodo, it occured to me that the Menoa Tree might have taken Eragon's fertility or something... and I'm kind of worried about it. That'd be pretty sad :'(
What do you reckon? I'm hoping for any other ideas 'cause I don't really like my current theory. ^^;

Edit: YESSSS I'm finally a Gondorian :-D
Had a long period of inactivity this year.. because school happened.. again...
So I'm back! And I'm bigger and better! :-D

^Thanks to Elenriel of Mirkwood! c:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 15th, 2008, 3:13 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

SPOILERS!

Well Culurien, I had exactly the same idea. Although... I remember that Eragon's "lower belly" was mentioned... I don't want to delve deeper into male anatomy, but the lower belly doesn't seem to be quite the right place to take a man's fertility... *coughcough*
Anyway, it was the only thing that seemed to make sense - only think of the Menoa elf's story: unhappy love and so on.
I can't wait to find out if our theory is correct! :)

We've been forever
yet we've only just begun.

We have come full circle.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 16th, 2008, 5:28 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

THAT is EXACTLY what I thought too. But maybe CP will surprise us completely with something totally unexpected *quizzical frown*

^Thanks to Elenriel of Mirkwood! c:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2008, 1:10 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Haha, I bet he will. :yes:

We've been forever

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 18th, 2009, 1:56 pm 

Well I just finished the book this afternoon! :P

So I guess there will be SPOILERS in the rest of my post!

I bought it when it came out, so it's a bit shameful on my part for taking SOO long to read it. But considering it's my last year at university as an undergrad, I quite literally had no time for pleasure reading. :P

I have to say I rather enjoyed it. As I've enjoyed the past two. I tend to ignore most people's problems with his books because most fantasy and sci fi has been ripped off each other for ages. [/endrant]

I'm not sure if I enjoyed it more than Eldest. (Eragon will probably always be my favourite ... that's generally how it goes with me and book series XD) But I enjoyed the character of Eragon much more than in Eldest. XD I don't know, I just think it might've been that in Eldest I was kind of bored by him being in Ellesmera for some bizarre reason. :P

ANYWAY. I liked the bit of him back in Farthen Dur. I found that whole bit really exciting. Especially during the vote. Ha ha ha!

Roran was totally epic in this book. He just kind of pwned all. He's always been great, but he just went from awesome to epic. :P

Brom. Well now that totally caught me off guard. I totally should've seen it coming, but I obviously didn't. I was seriously in shock because it was just so huge. XD It made me really happy and sad at the same time. :P As exciting and interesting as it would have been for him to have had Morzan as his father, I'm totally cool with Brom. It really just fits. And just adds a completely different dimension to everything that happened before he died, you know?

The sword. DUDE, that was awesome. While it was a bit wordy during that bit of making it, it was totally worth it. Ha ha ha. A god damn flaming sword. I don't know, man. But that was just too cool. I might be a nerd, but a FLAMING SWORD. XD

Now, I guess I'm sad about Oromis and Glaedr ... but not overly sad or anything. My feeling, in a way, resembles that of when Dumbledore died. Which was a feeling of relief, finally out of the picture. That sounds horrible, I know. And don't get me wrong, I enjoyed them. But I've gotten over it very quickly. :lol:

I'm much more relieved that Murtagh was not harmed. He is by far my favourite character and has been since I first read Eragon.

But BY FAR the greatest part of the book was at the end in the acknowledgements. Bizarre place for the best part of the book, but as a HUGE Doctor Who fan ... finding another Doctor Who fan ... from Montana is not something to be taken lightly. :P

Quote:
"Also, for those who understood the reference to a 'lonely god' when Eragon and Arya are sitting around the campfire, my only excuse is that the Doctor can travel everywhere, even alternate realities. Hey, I'm a fan too!"

I pretty much lost it after I read that. :lol: Partly because I remembered that way back when I first started reading this book. Reading that bit he's talking about and having a fleeting thought of the Doctor, not even thinking that Paolini could possibly be a Doctor Who fan.

[b][i]"Brisingr"[/b][/i]; page 204, chapter [b][i]"Mercy, Dragon Rider"[/b][/i] wrote:
"Adrift upon the sea of time, the lonely god wanders from shore to distant shore, upholding the laws of the stars above."

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN.

:P

So, I enjoyed the book immensely, and cannot wait for the last book. Whenever that will be. :P

Sig: Teh Nurr

I've met Eru & Eä & Ellie & teh Arweb & Naur & Elenya & POTR!

POLKA WILL NEVER DIE!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2009, 1:17 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

That was interesting Montana. :)
And I totally agree about the Doctor Who bit! (even though I'm not from Montana XD)

We've been forever

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 15th, 2009, 2:48 pm 

OMIGOSH!
I wasn't a Doctor Who fan when I read the book, and I never would have noticed that! THAT'S SO COOL! *loves Christopher Paolini even more now*

Kudos to Kitoky for the fabulous signature set, and art credit to engelszorn.
Who wants to join me in bringing back the lady?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2009, 6:39 pm 
Ent
Ent

I just read it. And I cried. my favorite character died. :closedeyes: that was too sad for me, but it was an awesome book, cant wait for next one :-D

Daughter of Erin Lunaire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2009, 10:03 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Okay, I just finnished the book like... minutes before I posted this. Got it for Christmas, but didn't start reading it till like, three weeks ago, soooo...

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!
And warning, I'll probably bash it alot... but, I promise not to go too far with the bashing... I mean, I liked it but... well... just scroll down and read if you wish.

Okay, I guess I'll start with the one thing that bugging me the most(actually, it's number two on the list, but, yeah) about Brisingr.

Brisingr ch. 'Escape and Evasion' pg. 131 wrote:
No crying about it, no endless worrying or gnashing of teeth.... I'm weak.

Dang, boy! It took you two whole books and 131 pages to for you to realize that, or at least admit that?!?! Sorry, but that right there just made me want to rip the book apart. Through most the book (around 7/8 way through the book, it didn't bother me as much) Eragon's persionality, choices, complaining, thoughts, and stuff just plain annoyed me and made me want to bash him really hard over the head with one of Sam's frying pans. Though, from the first mention of his sword, I fell in love with it. I wish I had it! Who doesn't love a flaming sword? And it's blue! My favorite color!

The thing thats top on my list was how they portrayed Murtagh through the thing. The main good characters bashed him and cursed him and if he was there in person would have treated him as if he was Galbatorix himself. It's not the guy's fault Galby knows his true name, and has sworn oaths! They don't have to talk about him like garbage! He's my favorite character! I wanted to give him a big hug through the whole book! Though the few times when Eragon and him talked, it seemed to me like Murtagh's persionality change a little. He was more ferociouse and angered, though I guess I can't blame him. Though he didn't seem like Murtagh from Eragon anymore but a different person. I mean, when in Eragon or Eldest did he snarl like they say he did multiple times in Brisingr? *gives Murtagh big hug*

^okay, feels better after getting those parts out *sigh* okay....

I wasn't supprised when it was revealed Brom was Eragon's true father. It had been rumors going around the Eragon comunity and stuff for long before Brisingr came out. I usually don't pay attention to rumors, but I do take them as possibilities, so it didn't supprise me. And I was prepared for the death of Oromis and Gleadr because a friend that read the book before me spoiled it for me(because I asked her to), and so I was prepared for it. If I hadn't been... lets just say the book would not have survived a moment longer than after I finnished the last word.

I loved the moment when Saphira fixed the Isildar Mithrim! I imagined the gem more beautiful when I first imagined it in Eragon! And the thing about the dragon's heart of hearts is really confusing... but not at the same time, I guess. Poor Glaedr...

Oh well... I'm kind of relieved to finally finnish the book. Can't wait for the next! Must find out what happened to Murtagh!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6