Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brisingr ..::: Inheritance Book 3:::.. SPOILER WARNING
PostPosted: August 24th, 2007, 7:10 am 
Balrog
Balrog

I just finished reading Eldest for the second time and I can't stop thinking about the third volume and how everything's going to end. I just can't wait for that book!!!! :karate:

Here's room for you to speculate and mull over theories about everything concerning Inheritance Three. Have Fun! :bye2:

We've been forever
yet we've only just begun.

We have come full circle.

Last edited by Teh FF on September 26th, 2008, 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2007, 11:11 am 

Hmm...I have alot of theories. Im sorta tense for the 3rd I guess, but, however, I could wait another 2 years. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2007, 11:52 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Isn't it going to be called Empire? I think I read somewhere that it was. I also have a ton of theories that I'm quite sure will happen, it being Christopher Paolini, but I'll read it anyway...just to see if they come true :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2007, 1:28 pm 
Istari
Istari

^There's been no 100% confirmation of that, I don't think. Paolini hasn't explicitly said "Yes, the third book will be called Empire." All he's said is that it'll be green, with a green dragon on the front. :annoyed2: He's taking far too long about it if you ask me...

Pippin of Herenya's Line - "...give nothing back!"
Got fed up and eloped with Ragetti 1-3-08 :P
PHYLLIS, THE ANTI-SUSPIAN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2007, 1:32 pm 

If any of you have the deluxe edition of Eldest, you'll have read a chapter from the 3rd book already. I haven't read it in a while, so I shant say anything more. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2007, 2:44 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

^you can read that chapter on the official book website, too. It wasn't revealing anything new, however.

Well, considering all the things Paolini copied from Star Wars (like big parts of the storyline), I'm quite sure that Ergaon will eventually face Galbatorix, but not be strong enough to defeat him. When Galbatorix is about to kill him, Murtagh will turn against the Emperor and kill him because of love for his brother. Kind of the "Return of the Jedi" thing. :-)
I'm not quite sure about the role of Elva, though. But it must be something important.

Hehe, what do you think about my guesses? :P

We've been forever

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2007, 5:21 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I agree with all of it, along with Brom returning from the dead, Arya getting a dragon, and Arya and Eragon getting married/realizing they do, in fact, love each other. Oh, and Roran will rescue/marry Katrina. Maybe it'll be a double wedding. Also, Arya's dragon will probably be a boy, and it and Saphira will then repopulate Alagaesia with dragons :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2007, 5:45 pm 
Istari
Istari

Does anyone know when the third one is coming out? He's been taking awhile... So we're probably in for another long one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2007, 6:00 pm 

I think it comes out next April or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2007, 10:29 pm 
Istari
Istari

Meldawen wrote:
I agree with all of it, along with Brom returning from the dead, Arya getting a dragon, and Arya and Eragon getting married/realizing they do, in fact, love each other. Oh, and Roran will rescue/marry Katrina. Maybe it'll be a double wedding. Also, Arya's dragon will probably be a boy, and it and Saphira will then repopulate Alagaesia with dragons :)

I've heard the Arya-will-be-the-third-Rider theory before. Being a supporter of females who kick butt, and also one of the few who actually like Arya, I like this idea. :-D But we already know the third egg is male, remember? That's why Saphira is such a big deal...

You know, I enjoy these books but Eragon annoys me sometimes. :blush: So I can't help wondering if maybe he'll be killed off at the end...I know he won't, but wouldn't that be more interesting than the more predictable ending of him defeating Galbatorix and living? Or am I just getting myself in trouble here? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2007, 12:39 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Eragon actually really annoys me. I like Roran way better, and Arya isn't bad for being a blatant Mary-Sue. I thought he was such an idiot to chase after her the way he did in Eldest, and I was sorta nonplussed by his becoming Elven and all. He's got to have SOME weaknesses.

I'm cheerfully accepting the fact that it's going to be predictable. I have fun with it :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2007, 2:41 am 
Istari
Istari

^*high fives* I'm so glad you agree with me!!! Anyone who likes Eragon screams at me when I say anything about his annoyingness. :-D I'm really only reading the books now to see what happens to Saphira and Arya...and Nasuada.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2007, 3:55 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Meldawen wrote:

Ack, I've never before thought of Arya as the third Rider! My theory was Roran, but in fact, Arya is far more likely because she's a woman. I agree with all the other stuff, except Brom returning from the dead. How could this possibly happen? I mean, he was most definitely killed... :blush:

The only thing I'm wondering about is the end of Angela's prophecy, that he'll someday leave Alagaesia and never return. I bet there will be the most obvious LotR/Frodo analogy, but I still wonder about how this is excatly going to happen. After all, there's no Undying Lands in Paolini's world (at least it hasn't been mentioned in the two books).

I do like Eragon's character very much, but I see what you mean about him being annoying. I can understand why some people dislike him, at least partly. However, I don't think that he hasn't got any weaknesses. To me, it feels rather that how matter how hard he's trying, there's not success coming out of his efforts. He worked so hard with Oromis, even got Eleven, only to be defeated quite easily by Murtagh whose dragon is much younger than Saphira! In fact, he has not the hint of a chance to defeat Galbatorix. :disgust:

I see what you mean about him chasing after Arya like an idiot :P But hey, he's like seventeen years old and she's his first love, so it's quite comprehensible that he acts in such a way.

We've been forever

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 30th, 2007, 7:56 am 

The reason I like Eragon is because he's an idiot. 'Nuff said.

And I'd rather Paolini took a long time to write the book and produced a good one, than published it on a deadline and disappointed us all because he had to rush.

Kudos to Kitoky for the fabulous signature set, and art credit to engelszorn.
Who wants to join me in bringing back the lady?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 30th, 2007, 12:22 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

^Now that is one of the best and truest things I've heard in a while :-)

We've been forever

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 1st, 2007, 12:12 am 
Maia
Maia

I'm not a fan of the first two books (a lot of things go against what I believe... they're taming the dragon, not slaying it, the use of magic is... well... and there's a bunch of new age stuff in it), but I do want someone to at least tell me what happens in the third book once it's out.

PM me with prayer requests
www.therebelution.com
</center>

Profile       WWW