Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 27th, 2008, 5:59 pm 
Istari
Istari

Just finished the book, and I must say two things. One, it was so much better than his first two books. I really enjoied it. Two, Now I have to wait a stinkin' {insert unknown length of time here} ta find out what happens! I HATE cliffies with a passion. Not that it was a cliffie, but he crammed so much info in that last chapter that my brain probably didn't process it right...

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 28th, 2008, 11:38 am 
Balrog
Balrog

You finished it, too! Hi sister :hug:

SPOILER WARNING

Well, i have to say that I liked Eldest more than this one. Brisingr was not a complete disappointment, but I felt as if CP was merely picking up loose ends in this one, getting ready for the final fight. Nothing actually happens. Plus, I found the Brom-father stuff rather disappointing. If he had stuck to Morzan as Eragon's father, it would have made everything much more interesting. It would have provoked a real conflict for Eragon - now, everything runs smooth, he knows everything he has to know to defeat Galby, ... {insert yawn}

But yeah, I'm dead curious on book 4, too. I don't want to wait another 2 years until I know the end!

We've been forever
yet we've only just begun.

We have come full circle.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 28th, 2008, 1:54 pm 
Istari
Istari

SPOILER ALERT!

I knew about the Brom-father-stuff a while back. Course... I was expecting a bit more flash about the dwarven god that he met due to CP's "spoiler" about it... I'm on the official mailing list so I get all sorts of strange goodies... that usually turn out to be useless...

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 29th, 2008, 3:15 am 
Balrog
Balrog

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Oh yes, that dwarven god thing was...at least strange...?! I didn't get the whole idea behind it. It would have been better if CP kept his hands from religion because it turns out very awkward if everytime he does. What did he hope to achieve with that - to imply that the dwarven gods are real? No, this was probably the worst chapter in the whole book.

What did you think about the Menoa tree thing? Any idea what she took?

We've been forever

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 30th, 2008, 7:22 pm 
Kallisti
Kallisti

CP: Bad religion writer.

I'm reading all of the spoliers simply becuase I have no intrest to be surprised,a dn what do you know, I'm not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 5th, 2008, 9:35 pm 
Maia
Maia

MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD

I have this book on hold at the library. Yes, I just read the spoilers... I'm so bad. :P I really am not surprised at all about the Brom thing. I'd expected it since the bird (what's his name, again?) recited the poem in Eldest. *sigh* I'm going to read it, but... I'm not expecting much. The more I think the Eragon series over, the more I dislike it. But... I want to know what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 8th, 2008, 6:57 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Haha, that's exactly my own opinion, Star Gazer. I don't really like the series, but I'm dead curious to know what happens. Well, have fun with Brisingr and tell us what you think about it! :)

Btw: The bird's name is Blagden, I think. :P

We've been forever

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 9th, 2008, 2:29 pm 
Maia
Maia

Lol. I used to be obsessed with these books. But the more I think about the characters and plot, the more I dislike it. It's about how I think about the Twilight series. Except I like the twilight characters, just not the plot. But that's a different book and a different thread. :P

Yay! I'm only #3 on the waiting list! (I started out as #9)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 12th, 2008, 5:59 pm 
Vala
Vala

I finished it last night and I cried. But I agree with some, it was by far, way better than the previous two and I loved it. I must admit though that I had expected it to be a complete disaster but meh...:P The ending left me so sad too. :(

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 12th, 2008, 11:02 pm 
Maia
Maia

Oh dear, a sad ending? Dang it! Why does he have to do that to us? Anyway... I'm now #1 on the waiting list, so whenever it gets into the library again, I'll have it! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 13th, 2008, 5:55 am 
Vala
Vala

Haha SG. You should get it soon! I had to borrow it from my best friend because I couldn't wait and besides, she'd already spilled the main story line of it to me. :annoyed:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2008, 9:28 pm 
Maia
Maia

Yay! I've got Brisingr waiting for me on hold! I'm about to leave and go pick it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4th, 2008, 2:59 pm 

Am I the only one who wants to read it just to find out what happens with Murtagh? :teehee:

Well, okay, I am a bit curious about the other stuff, but not totally. I think were Murtagh not in it at all, I probably wouldn't bother. As is, I'm going to try to read it at some point.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4th, 2008, 4:35 pm 
Vala
Vala

Murtagh = LOVE <3

x3

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 5th, 2008, 10:21 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

SPOILER WARNING!!!

I really like the Eragon series :-D for me, the books keep getting better and better. However, I think Eldest and Brisingr dragged on a bit. But still, I really like those books :-D
The Brom-father thing kind of shocked me - although I shoud've seen it coming. I mean, I saw the connections.. but it never occured to me that Brom was his father. For example... Brom had a blue dragon, Saphira's namesake (so he and Eragon are very similar). Whereas Murtagh.. has Thorn, who is a red dragon. Zar'roc is a red sword, so I presume Morzan had a red dragon (therefore, Murtagh is very similar to Morzan). So I wonder why I didn't see it sooner. :blink:

And the dwarven god bit was a bit of an anticlimax.. I'd seen Christopher Paolini's spoilers on the official site, and was looking for something huge. Ah well. :confused:

I LOVE the sword! It's so cool! It's like finally everything starts making sense and Eragon is becoming more and more capable of defeating Galbatorix. Of course, he still seems a bit weak in comparison with Murtagh and such, but yeah... the sword is awesome. :-D It's a bit like with the Twilight books.. I found Bella a bit irritating, but after she became a vamp, everything is as it should be :)

Woopsies. Starting to rant. But basically, I really like Brisingr. Can't wait for the next book *bounces impatiently*

I'm hoping the next rider is Arya. Also, the last egg is a green one, right? *thinks* I can't remember any part of the books which said so, but if the "Empire" book was going to have a green dragon, I assume the last egg would be green...? Because the series was originally going to be a trilogy, right. So maybe the last egg was going to hatch sometime in the story. If for a moment we 'pretend' that the last dragon is green, then I bet Arya would be the perfect rider. Her eyes are green - her magic is green, as shown several times in the books. Yeah, I hope Arya is the next rider.

However, I'm not going to build up the hopes, because I don't want to be tragically disappointed if the last rider isn't Arya. :-D

Sorry, I'll stop talking now. :blush:

^Thanks to Elenriel of Mirkwood! c:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2008, 1:08 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Not at all Culurien, your opinion was very interesting. I agree that the Brom thing was kind of obvious, I just didn't see it either. Still, I think if CP had stuck to Morzan as the father, there would have been much more dramatic material for a true inner conflict for Eragon. But since it's CP not me who's writing the book, I'll shut up about that bit.

I agree, the sword is awesome - though the forging sequence was a bit scary (imagine someone else forging a sword through your body... :confused: )

I'm pretty sure the next rider will be Arya - I don't see any alternatives except Roran. But this is so much CP, everything is so... predictable. Well, let's see what he's going to make of it.

The only thing I wonder about is what the Menoa tree woman really took from him... any ideas? I have my own little theory about it...

We've been forever

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next