Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Inheritance cycle- final book
PostPosted: November 9th, 2011, 5:26 am 
Elf
Elf

Gotta be honest I looked at the Green Cover and thought that they'd just put a green hue over the Eragon Cover LOL!

PostPosted: November 10th, 2011, 4:56 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

ughhhh it is taking soooo long to get here!!!!! -paces around-
it is supposed to arrive today!!!!! if it doesn't I am going to yell... very loudly!!

I need to know what happens!!!! but I don't want to look at spoilers... if ya do that it the book is soo boring.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2011, 8:50 pm 
Elf
Elf

Warning possibly spoilery things below

Mwahahah I'm about 1/3 of the way through, whilst it seems that all the pre-order people are waitiing. I swear nothing of any importance has actually happened. I'd forgotten how infuriating Paolini could be as a writer haha!

Nice to see that the first reference to Arya was accompanied by a reminder of how amazingly hot she is, incase I'd forgotten!

PostPosted: November 11th, 2011, 12:26 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Only 1/3? I'm on page 624, and counting lol

"What? In riddles? No! For I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to." -Gandalf

PostPosted: November 11th, 2011, 5:43 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Its 4:42 a.m., I've been reading for the greater part of the last 12 1/2 hrs, and my eyes feel like they're gonna fall out... but I finished the book.

"What? In riddles? No! For I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to." -Gandalf

PostPosted: November 11th, 2011, 10:38 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I got it last night, at like 7:00 (gee thanks for showing up so late, UPS!!) and I'm done with it!!!!! yay!!!! My vision is kinda blurry... eek... I hope reading all day didn't mess them up...

~spoilers below(sort of)~

Murtagh is soooo definitely my fav character now! :P (not that he wasn't before...)

I'm glad CP didn't kill Murtagh off... I would have been so mad at him!!

Nasuada is so cool! I never really liked her before... but she's my... uh.... 3rd fav now :P Especially how she acted when Galby captured her :P

PostPosted: November 11th, 2011, 10:41 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Feanor wrote:
I got it last night, at like 7:00 (gee thanks for showing up so late, UPS!!) and I'm done with it!!!!! yay!!!! My vision is kinda blurry... eek... I hope reading all day didn't mess them up...

WOW that's impressive. I know how you feel about the blurry vision...worth it though lol

PostPosted: November 12th, 2011, 9:37 am 
Elf
Elf

Erkenhelm wrote:
Only 1/3? I'm on page 624, and counting lol

Hahah I didn't have the luxury of ploughing straight through it when I'm simultaneously reading 4 or 5 books on classical architecture and ww1 for university.

Done now though, and I think my biggest feeling is disappointment. It wasn't anywhere near as good as Eldest (the best one imo) and I felt it was primarily packed with unnecessary stuff like Big Snails, Children with cleft palettes and Eragon angsting over how he lost his belt- which didn't matter anyway. None of Roran's chapters amounted to anything either. CP *could* have made Brisingr and Inheritance into one book without any of that rubbish.

Nasuada's chapters were the highlight for me though- despite her lengthy admiration of the jailers manicure. *beep*?

PostPosted: November 12th, 2011, 1:08 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

@Lembas: lol I liked the snail part.. it was so funny... ;P

am I crazy or does anyone else feel sad that it's over? when I read the last few words I felt kinda sick... lol. I know... I'm very weird.

I hope he writes another alagaesia book! Maybe from Murtagh's POV!! that would be so cool....

PostPosted: November 12th, 2011, 3:36 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I can definitely see another Alagaesia series.

I always felt that the Roran chapters were boring right from when they started in Eldest. Whenever one came up I would think "lets get this over with so we can get back to Eragon." There also seemed like a lot of extra winding down at the end. The fight with Galbatorix happened like a little over 100 pages from the end. Although I definitely enjoyed the book (I was up until almost 5 in the morning finishing it lol) I felt that the climax wasn't as big as it could have been, and wasn't left with the feeling that you had, Feanor. Whenever I finish a series, its very bittersweet. You spend the whole time reading wanting to know what happens near the end, but when it's finally over, you wish there was more. It's almost like you lost one of your best friends and will never see them again. Even though you can re-read them, its not the same. I didn't so much get that with this book, maybe I read to fast or something.

I was unhappy with the lose of the Belt of Beloth the Wise. I didn't see any point in having it disappear. I was happy when Eragon went back and visited Brom. That was something small that I went into the book wanting to happen, and while it wouldn't have much effect on the story, I would have been disappointed that it didn't happen. I also REALLY want to know more about Angela! I know Paolini probably meant for her to be an enigma, but I don't care, I want to know lol.

PostPosted: November 18th, 2011, 8:36 pm 
Elf
Elf

Hehe, Angela's a Time Lord. :p

Seriously though, I thought the book was okay. Not GREAT or AWESOME but okay. I felt like it had a lot of extra extra detail, and just kept dragging on at the end and the start, where he main thing was really 'Okay dudes, let's go kill Galbatorix, have the Return of the Riders and end the book already!' Haha. But seriously, I felt it was a bit too drawn out. It didn't have big, exciting moments like Brisingr or Eldest or Eragon, and it didn't really wrap up loose points. I felt that he also didn't explain Elva's powers very well. She feels people's pain, yeah, but it wasn't until this book that I got that she could sense traps and stuff, and when a person's going to be hurt, and how. And yeah, I thought Roran was a bit boring, too. But Nasuada and Murtagh was great. It bothered me that Galby wasn't evil enough. I mean yeah, he was really evil in one sense, but you didn't really see him until this book, and my expectation of him sort of. . .died. I thought he would do more. And then he goes poof! Exploding Galbatorix. Good bye. Let's rule over Alagasia with Nasuada as queen and have Orrin be a real jerk about it. Yay. And I did think there would be more explanation of Angela, I was disappointed about that.

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 19th, 2011, 5:38 am 
Elf
Elf

Harthad wrote:
Hehe, Angela's a Time Lord. :p

Raxacoricofallapatorius!!!

Saphira is also Gollum- With her 'is it good, is it scrumptious?' comment :)

PostPosted: November 19th, 2011, 2:37 pm 
Elf
Elf

Haha, yes! I read that out loud and my mum, who was reading the newspaper was like "Um. . .what?"

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 8:32 pm 
Istari
Istari

I finished it a couple days ago very good book but +SPOILER ALERT+

ERAGON DOESN'T GET THE GIRL IN THE END!!!!! :headwall:

PostPosted: December 24th, 2011, 1:42 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

^ I haven't read it yet. And I normally hate spoilers. But... GOOD. That would have made me puke. CP already marty-sam'd that boy to the max.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 28th, 2011, 9:36 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

hehe I'm glad he didn't get Arya :P

I don't see why he made it so easy for them to win...
none of the main characters(other than islanzadi) died!
I was hoping Eragon would have to die to defeat Galby...
or someone anyways.

When I first read it I was so excited about finally knowing what happened that I didn't really notice how boring it was... sure, there are lots of battles and stuff, but it just doesn't seem exciting, there's no suspense... "they're going to win, of course", that's what it seems like.
I think it could have been a really awesome book...
If it wasn't part of the Inheritance cycle, I would have thought "man this is a boring book, I'm reading something else".
That is the only reason it is interesting, because I got to see what happened to the characters that I got to know in the other 3 books.

It wasn't boring, exactly, but I was expecting a really cool exciting book, and didn't really get that...
I suppose I shouldn't say that it's bad, I've never written something better than it... :P haha.

But it did feel kinda... rushed, like CP just wanted to get it over with, not really paying attention to how good and interesting it was.

Just my opinion :P