Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inheritance cycle- final book
PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 7:36 am 
Maia
Maia

The last book of the cycle has finally been completed and is set to be released on November 8th 2011. Been a long wait for all inheritance fans.
What are everyone's thoughts about the upcoming book? What would you like to see happen? Who would you choose to be the new rider? I'm pulling for Arya.
may your swords stay sharp!

Post subject: Re: Inheritance cycle- final book
PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 12:42 pm 

Oooooh!

I was just thinking about when it would finally be finished. Which means I now need to reread all the books. :P I vaguley remember what happened in the third one. Ha ha ha!

As for the new Rider, I'm almost assuming it's Arya ... just because it's Arya. :P But who would I choose? Honestly, I have no idea. I kind of want it to be a shock - a curveball if you will. :P I'll have to reread to have a more of an opinion on who I might want.

Sig: Teh Nurr

I've met Eru & Eä & Ellie & teh Arweb & Naur & Elenya & POTR!

POLKA WILL NEVER DIE!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 2:10 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

It has to be Arya! Man, this is exciting . Release is a day before my birthday... best present ever.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 3:10 pm 
Maia
Maia

MontanaBohemian wrote:
Oooooh!

I was just thinking about when it would finally be finished. Which means I now need to reread all the books. :P I vaguley remember what happened in the third one. Ha ha ha!

As for the new Rider, I'm almost assuming it's Arya ... just because it's Arya. :P But who would I choose? Honestly, I have no idea. I kind of want it to be a shock - a curveball if you will. :P I'll have to reread to have a more of an opinion on who I might want.

Yes it has been finished. I had almost given up on waiting. Im midway through the first book re-reading them all too :)

I agree with you. it seems that Arya would be the most logical choice. Maybe the most popular too from the fans who wish to see Eragon and Arya get together. (i am one of them)
Though im not ruling out a curveball either. i think that Angela has some degree of a chance as she is very far from a weakling and seems to know everything thats going on. But here's to hoping that the new book will be the best of them all ! :-D

Haldir wrote:
It has to be Arya! Man, this is exciting . Release is a day before my birthday... best present ever.

Im hoping it's Arya as well! Youre very lucky, i have to wait until christmas until i can read it. However im sure it will be worth the wait :-D

PostPosted: March 30th, 2011, 9:22 am 

I'm assuming Arya, though I'd love it to be Angela. :teehee: She's just awesome like that. Personally, I'm on the dark side and a Murtagh fan all the way, so I want Eragon's dream to happen - him and Arya leaving, and Murtagh ruling all! Mwahaha!

Well, except he's not bad. I refuse to believe that. So I think it could work out. I just hope he doesn't die.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 31st, 2011, 4:16 pm 
Maia
Maia

Nurrantiel Mashiara wrote:
I'm assuming Arya, though I'd love it to be Angela. :teehee: She's just awesome like that. Personally, I'm on the dark side and a Murtagh fan all the way, so I want Eragon's dream to happen - him and Arya leaving, and Murtagh ruling all! Mwahaha!

Well, except he's not bad. I refuse to believe that. So I think it could work out. I just hope he doesn't die.

I agree. i hope Murtagh becomes free of Galbatorix. Murtagh would be a good choice for a king, maybe Nasuada as his queen as well maybe? Angela would be quite a choice for a rider. Im hoping for Eragon and Arya together.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2011, 11:29 am 

Personally, I'm on the dark side and a Murtagh fan all the way, so I want Eragon's dream to happen - him and Arya leaving, and Murtagh ruling all! Mwahaha!

YES. I loooooove Murtagh. I refuse to believe that he's not bad, either. :P Just tragically lost. Or something. And if he's bad, he's bad. But that's okay, because it's Murtagh and he's AWESOME.

Angela would be a great choice for a Rider. I didn't even think of that! She is quite possibly my favourite character in the entire series.

Sig: Teh Nurr

I've met Eru & Eä & Ellie & teh Arweb & Naur & Elenya & POTR!

POLKA WILL NEVER DIE!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 14th, 2011, 5:48 pm 
Istari
Istari

I'm SO excited for this book! I wrote a letter to Christopher Paolini back in (last) November and said he didn't know yet. I'm so glad it will be finally coming out!!
It would be nice to see a remake of the movie. Maybe this last book will give it some extra popularity. The movie Eragon really lacked a lot, in my opinion.

thanks for the Hobbit Team banner, Lembas!

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 11:33 am 
Maia
Maia

Alanna wrote:
I'm SO excited for this book! I wrote a letter to Christopher Paolini back in (last) November and said he didn't know yet. I'm so glad it will be finally coming out!!
It would be nice to see a remake of the movie. Maybe this last book will give it some extra popularity. The movie Eragon really lacked a lot, in my opinion.

Yea the movie was really bad. They missed out so much and made Eldest the movie pretty much impossible to make :/ But its great that the book is finally and coming out soon.

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 1:20 pm 
Elf
Elf

Oooh I thought it would NEVER come out! Glad to know that they actually have a date set, and Inheritance will finally be completed!

TBH over several re-reads I've fallen a bit out of love with the series, as it is a bit lame in places, but I still wanna know what happens! I most want Murtagh to be good again, because he was a really cool character- I bet Arya will be the Rider, the Dragon on the cover and in the last egg is green, and Chris Paolini loves to remind us that Arya has green eyes so I bet she ends up as it's rider. I'm betting on Saphira and the Green Dragon rebuilding the Dragon population, which will probably lead to Eragon and Arya FINALLY getting together!

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Thorn though (growing too big too fast- will he have an identity crisis) and if Galbatorix's dragon who was forced under his will, will play any part in it all. Oh and it might be nice to actually MEET Galbatorix too :)

PostPosted: May 24th, 2011, 12:48 am 
Istari
Istari

yeah, I've been thinking Arya will be the next rider too. it would seem odd to me that Paolini would make a random new character introduction to fill that spot, and besides Eragon and Arya should be together anyway! :)
I agree about the lame-in-places part... there's more than a few spots where things just drone on and the storyline gets stretched out too long. and some of the Katrina/Roran thing gets old quickly. however, the plot is so interesting and different (and at times cilffhanging) that it's impossible for me to dislike the books in any way.
also, I want to see if Angela plays a more important role... I mean, she does already, but I have a feeling she might be a bigger, more influential character than in the past three books. (though I hope nothing like Angela becomes a Rider happens, or an Eragon+Angela ending - it would take a lot of convincing for me to believe that would be good.)
and lastly, I hope there's no important-character-dies-and-book-ends ending. there's several spots in the books where someone dies quickly. though I doubt Paolini would do something like that to us.

thanks for the Hobbit Team banner, Lembas!

PostPosted: July 9th, 2011, 1:34 am 
Vala
Vala

Everyone seems to like Arya here. Wut? .______________.

I remember when the third book came out, I had discussions with my friend about the next rider. We did not want it to be Arya because we weren't her most avid fans. Can't really remember how it all came about but since then, I've read the books over and over and she still hasn't managed to grow on me. I could deal with it being Angela though...she's wicked.

As for Murtagh, OMG. *jumps onto the fangirl bandwagon* I really want him to be good again, but even if it doesn't work out that way I'll still love him.

MontanaBohemian wrote:
Personally, I'm on the dark side and a Murtagh fan all the way, so I want Eragon's dream to happen - him and Arya leaving, and Murtagh ruling all! Mwahaha!

YES. I loooooove Murtagh. I refuse to believe that he's not bad, either. :P Just tragically lost. Or something. And if he's bad, he's bad. But that's okay, because it's Murtagh and he's AWESOME.

Angela would be a great choice for a Rider. I didn't even think of that! She is quite possibly my favourite character in the entire series.

^ THAT.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 9th, 2011, 4:06 am 
Elf
Elf

Quote:
Everyone seems to like Arya here. Wut? .______________.

Haha don't worry you're not alone in your Arya dislike Aranel, I think she's possibly the most one dimensional character of the whole series, and to me seems like Chris Paolini's ideal woman (a bit like Edward Cullen for SMeyer's) as her only features seem to be her big eyes, long hair, amazing figure and the fact she;s usually dressed in leather. I on't particular like her, but CP does so much, I think it's almost a certainty she will be the rider :)

PostPosted: July 9th, 2011, 11:36 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lembas wrote:
her only features seem to be her big eyes, long hair, amazing figure and the fact she;s usually dressed in leather.

That says more about Arya (and CP) than anything else... ever. x.x I knew there was a reason I disliked her in the first couple of books... however, she did improve in the third one. Nearly every character did. She's gonna be the new rider, simply because that is where the story is headed, and CP is fairly predictable. Most of the time at any rate.

Other than that, I cannot WAIT for the new book. I've been stalking the sites since 2008, lurking for the release date. Yes, lurking, not looking. ^^ Anywho, as far as the movie is concerned, I think that they would be wise to re-make it, but since that company now owns the rights, and will not want anyone else making money off of the intellectual property, I think we have a long while to wait. :annoyed:

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2011, 5:23 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Hey! I have waited sooooo long for the last book to come out!! I really want a really unexpected twist (like a dwarf being chosen to be a Rider). I also really want Arya to fall for Eragon. I think Roran should definately play a big role in Galbatorix's take down! I also want to have a really emotional ending. Thats me!!! Bye! :bye2:

PostPosted: August 8th, 2011, 9:37 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Lol it hasn't been a long wait for me... I just found out about them not too long ago. Just finished Eldest. Of course I read Aragorn-I mean Eragon- and then Brisingr, cause Eldest was out and I didn't want to wait... lol. :p

But I still can't wait until november 8th!!!!!
I hope Elva is the new rider. That would be cool! :P