Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shojo Manga*
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2011, 2:56 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Does anyone like Shojo (girl-geared) manga? My sister had been bugging me to read it for a long time and was telling me how good it was. I didn't
really want to try it because because all my past experience with manga and anime (which is often times manga made into a tv series)
was things like Pokemon, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z (all kid mangas/animes lol, part of the problem right there), and stuff like that, which can be
pretty dumb...in many cases...no offense to anyone who might like those. Those things were all great when I was a kid, but I'm older now.
My sister finally got me to try Shojo manga, and it actually was pretty good. There were some kind of "dumb" parts here and there, but not nearly as much as I thought there would be. Mostly the stories were REALLY sweet and uplifting. Some were just really entertaining and others I even felt inspired after reading.
I learned that there are actually Manga stories for different age types. They have ones for children and then others for teens and others for adults (you have to watch the content in those sometimes).
But yeah, so if you choose from the right age group I guess, some of them are actually good. :)
Does anyone else like Shojo?

Post subject: Re: Shojo Manga*
PostPosted: January 5th, 2012, 3:54 pm 
Vala
Vala

I've read a few Shojo manga throughout the years because friends recommended them, such as the highly popular Vampire Knight or others like Kaikan Phrase, Haou Airen and The One. Otherwise I've never really given much thought to them. However I believe I found them somewhat addicting, I used to complete them within a couple days time. There are some points in them that are unbelievable even bordering on the ridiculous... but they're entertaining anyhow. Actually now that you've brought them back to mind I think I'll reread The One since I had stopped to a certain point. From what I've gathered, it's still ongoing. So ha. :p

Profile       WWW