Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2007, 6:26 am 
Vala
Vala

Lol, Artemis. I don't know if I've thought of it or not, but here's a question: Do you think Rand and Tam will meet again before/after Tarmon Gai'don?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2007, 2:34 pm 

I think they will. It's only a matter of time until all the Edmond's Fielders end up in the same place as Rand, and Tam would probably seek him out.

I've read some theories that Mat is really the last king of Manetheren reborn. It seemed a little "out there" at the time, but while rereading these first few books (this is BEFORE he gets his memories from the Elfinn) it does seem like some memories would belong to the king. Thoughts?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2007, 2:28 am 
Vala
Vala

That is along the same lines as what I've though, Nurr--I have wondered idly if Mat was Aemon reborn, but I think it's almost certain that he was definitely a king of Manetheren at some point. That would be sooooo sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2007, 7:16 am 
Elf
Elf

I've thought that Mat was Aemon reborn since I first read that theory. I think it seems pretty legitimate. We've had a bunch of evidence pointing to it. I hope that's talked about in the last book. I really like Mat.

As far as Tam getting to see Rand before Tarmon Gai'don, I hope so. Because it has always been my thought that Rand will not survive the battle, or will at least fake his death and have to go away. And I'd like to see them have a little reunion before something like that happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 13th, 2007, 3:07 am 
Vala
Vala

That'd be seriously sweet if Aemon was Mat. I hope something like that comes up in the last book, but I don't think it adds enough to the plot for him to think it worth putting in.

I do hope that Rand dies in Tarmon Gai'don--I don't want him to fake his death and then leave, like I have a suspicion that he might. That would take away from the fun of it all, in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 13th, 2007, 7:01 am 
Elf
Elf

I'm a little undecided on whether I want Rand to die in the Last Battle or not. I don't really care, because he's never been one of my favorite characters. I don't hate him. He's just not my favorite. I have a list of characters who absolutely cannot die, and Rand's just not on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 14th, 2007, 2:58 am 
Vala
Vala

Lol. Rand is not on mine, either. But then, I think it would make the books so much more interesting if he did die. :)

Mat however, is on my list. He cannot die. Neither can Thom, or Lan, or Egwene. Talmanes dying would totally stink, so he's mostly on that list, too. :D

Who's on your list?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 14th, 2007, 3:18 pm 
Elf
Elf

Yay another reader! Do you like it so far?

Well number one on my list is Nynaeve. She is by far my favorite in the series because I see most of myself in her. If she died, I would cry for days. Second is Lan. He can't die, especially if everything happens like I want and Nynaeve lives. My others are Mat, Perrin, Thom, Faile (yes, I am one of the few Faile fans lol), and Suian. I hope I haven't left anyone out. It's been a while since I've actually read the series, so I may have forgotten someone. Those are my main ones though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2007, 3:16 am 
Vala
Vala

Hah. I was wondering whether that was why you hadn't posted here yet, Ellie. :) You're coming up on one of the best parts of the book.

Nynaeve is...okay. She is far from my favorite character, though, because she is like the embodiment of frustrating-ness. I sympathise with all of those (mostly men :D) who find her almost unbearable and inunderstandable. She is just....confusing. However, I hope she survives Tarmon Gai'don, if only because it would complicate things too much for her to die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2007, 7:49 pm 

Yay, another reader! Don't worry, this will become an obsession that will take over the rest of your life. :teehee:

I rather like Nynaeve, despite all her total incomprehension of everything around her. :D Mat, Egwene, Lan, and Thom CANNOT die. I love them too much. I expect Suian will still live, and something is going to happen with her and Gareth Bryne.

I expect Rand will die. It makes sense, and I never liked him a whole lot so he can die. :P Min will probably die too. It would be interesting if Galad died while doing something along the lines of rescuing Egwene or something like that, but he's iffy. I hope he doesn't die, he's pretty cool.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2007, 5:51 am 
Vala
Vala

Lol--if Galad dies, I would be rather distressed. It's not that I like him a whole lot (he's cool, but not half so cool as Lan or Mat), but his death would raise a whole lot of other questions. What point would it serve? I just can't picture it adding to the plot.

You never really liked Rand? He's awesome! He's not as cool as Mat, but I mean, he's a blademaster! Even after KoD, he's still cool. However, I still expect (and hope) that he will die, because it's what I've been expecting for the last eleven books. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2007, 12:07 pm 

Rand's attitude toward things annoyed me. It's hard to explain, he just rubs me the wrong way. :P I don't like him a whole lot. Being a blademaster is neat, but that's not everything.

I loved in Dragon Reborn when Mat took out Gawyn (I like him too, I hope he doesn't die) and Galad with his quarterstaff. I laugh every time I get to that part and every time I think about that part. They're so full of themselves, and get beaten by a sick man with a quarterstaff. :laugh:

[btw, Switchfoot rocks!]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2007, 2:59 pm 
Vala
Vala

Rand is....Rand. He has his own way of looking at things, which doesn't really irritate me. It sounds as though Rand is to you what Nynaeve is to me. :)

Yeah, I laughed sooo hard in TDR when Mat beat Galad&Gawyn. Especially when Gawyn, Hammar, and Mat were talking afterwards, while Galad got swarmed by the Aes Sedai. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2007, 9:13 pm 
Elf
Elf

Aerandir wrote:
Nynaeve is...okay. She is far from my favorite character, though, because she is like the embodiment of frustrating-ness. I sympathise with all of those (mostly men :D) who find her almost unbearable and inunderstandable. She is just....confusing.

Gotta love us frustrating females lol :lol:

Quote:
Rand's attitude toward things annoyed me. It's hard to explain, he just rubs me the wrong way. I don't like him a whole lot. Being a blademaster is neat, but that's not everything.

That's the way I feel about Rand. Just some of the things he does and says drive me insane. I liked him better in the first book before he found out that he was the Dragon Reborn. I mean it's understandable that he changed after that, but he just really gets on my nerves most of the time.

I loved that scene with Mat, Gawyn, and Galad too. Mat's so cool, and I thought it was absolutely hilarious. It was the perfect dose of humility for Gawyn and Galad for Mat to beat them in a fight while he was sick armed with only a quarterstaff. It was great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 1:31 pm 
Vala
Vala

Lol, Artemis. :) Well, despite all of the frustrating aspects of females, I doubt you [females] will find any guys who don't love at least some of you. :P

So....what we're all of your favorite scenes from the books? Besides all of Mat's scenes from TDR onwards, my favorite scene (that I can think of right now) is the end of Lord of Chaos ELLIE, DON'T READ THIS! when the first Aes Sedai swear to him. That was sooooo satisfactory. They got on my nerves so badly. I wanted to just...argh! To put it mildly, I wanted to throw them out of the window and the book, to a place from which they could never return.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2007, 7:04 am 
Elf
Elf

Well, I have a whole bunch of favorite scenes so it would be really hard for me to narrow them down to just a few. Basically every scene that centers on Nynaeve. Sorry, Aerandir :P . I really love the scene in CoS when Lan rescues Nynaeve from drowning and they get married. I was so happy I cried when I read that. I also liked reading about when Nynaeve tested to become one of the Accepted. That part made me cry too lol. And I liked in the end of TGH when Nynaeve, Elayne, and Min rescued Egwene from the Seanchan.

Hmm as far as scenes not having to do with Nynaeve go, I really liked everything in TSR when Perrin goes back to Emond's Field with Faile, Loial, and... those Aiel (I cannot remember their names). I also liked reading about Egwene in the White Tower in KoD. I never really like Egwene much until KoD. When I was reading about how she dealt with Elaida and being a novice again, it just really made me like her more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next