Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2009, 10:21 am 
Vala
Vala

See, Perrin's always too serious. And Faile made him...even less interesting. Rand is also really, really serious, but I can empathise with him, so that's not an issue--I'm pretty sure I would react in just about the same way that he does to everything that he's put through.

Mat, on the other hand, the only one who flees responsibility, is the one with the strongest pull for others to make him responsible for them. And the way he deals with it is just fantastic. :D He's definitely my favourite character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 20th, 2009, 5:23 pm 
Ent
Ent

Yeah...Rand is scary at times, though that's just to be expected. Imagine if you ran into someone like him in real life...

^ Sig set by Goldy!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2009, 8:01 pm 
Ent
Ent

Okay, I've just reread all 11 books and I've decided I perfectly understand why you all like Mat so much. I think it's funny how he got his medicine with the whole Prince of the Ravens thing...XP.

Have you guys read TGS yet? I'm dying to but I can't buy it until the paperback is out which means either my school or county library needs to get it...

^ Sig set by Goldy!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2009, 10:26 am 

YES. YES. Like Mat. :D

No, but I waaaaaaaant to so bad! I'm not really near any bookstores (besides textbook ones). I will buy the paperback, but I'd so just take an afternoon (or a few) and sit and read it in the store.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2009, 4:26 pm 
Ent
Ent

*Nods* Yeah, me too. Apparently there are 63 holds on it on my county library so I need to beg my school librarian to get it, because I seriously doubt anyone but me in the school likes the series. Which is sad, but good for me, right? XD

^ Sig set by Goldy!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2009, 5:26 pm 

I saw it at one of the bookstores around campus, so I picked it up and just looked through the chapter titles. There's one called "The Death of Tuon" and I was just like, ".........?! BOOK NOW." So I'll definitely be going back to read some of it every day. :P

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2009, 10:34 pm 
Ent
Ent

*Smiles happily* Awesome, Nurr! You are so lucky! But my school librarian says she'll order it, so hopefully in a week or two...

The chapter is probably like someone planning to assassinate her. Or contemplating what her death would mean...

^ Sig set by Goldy!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 1st, 2010, 9:06 am 
Vala
Vala

So, I've hardly been on A-U at all in the last year and a half. But, I figure it's well worth returning to say that I finally bought a copy of The Gathering Storm for myself. When it was first released, I couldn't afford the hardcover (no income at the time). I got a Walmart giftcard for Christmas, though, so I went to pick up TGS with that, only to find out that they had sold their last one like two days before. AAAAAgh. So, there was still the whole no income thing, and thus, I decided to get the paperback for ten dollars when that came out. Which I did. I preordered it, actually, so it arrived on September 28th, the same day that it was "released". I started it September 29th. I had to read around classes and stuff, but I finished it in five hours. It was so awesome!!!

I have Towers of Midnight pre-ordered as well, so I will be getting that one on November 02. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 1st, 2010, 11:18 am 

WHAT? It's coming out soon? I am so behind on my WoT news. *flails*

Isn't TGS FANTASTIC? I was so so happy at the end of the book. And I can finally enjoy Rand again after 7 books of not. :P But there had BETTER be more Mat in the next, because I need that storyline. Also, Verin? Shocker. Love her loophole though. Gah, now I want to reread this.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 1st, 2010, 7:57 pm 
Vala
Vala

I was sooooo happy with TGS. :D I mean, some things pertaining to Rand and Moridin, exposed through scenes with a certain Forsaken, made me a little "argh", but the most of it was awesome. I'm happy with Rand, but the only time I wasn't was the last third of this book. ^_^

Also, I was so happy with Egwene's plot in this story, and also with the fact that Nynaeve in this novel was marginally more tolerable.

This book was great, but would have been better with more Mat. And less Faile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2010, 6:16 pm 
Vala
Vala

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I just read Towers of Midnight today. It took around six hours, and it was SO FREAKING AMAZING!

Seriously, anyone who hasn't read it yet needs to read it so I'm not exposing everyone to a ton of spoilers when I start blabbing about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2010, 11:43 pm 

TOWERS OF MIDNIGHT

---

-

I'm about halfway through. OH MY. Everything is coming together and all the pieces are falling into place and GAH. So fantastic! At the beginning I was just like, "Perrin. Seriously. GET A LIFE. OR SOMETHING. OR GET OUT OF THE BOOK." But now with the whole learning to control the wolf and stuff (I just finished the nightmare with Slayer -- oh, Hopper) and the trial and everything, he just got so much better. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Mat. Mat Mat Mat. At least I know the second half has a lot of his storyline, so I'm not too concerned about his limited time so far. But fighting the ghloam was brilliant.

EGWENE. I love her. She's irritating with her Aes Sedainess sometimes, but she's brilliant. Elayne has gotten worse. Pretty sure. "Hey, Min says I'll have kids so nothing will ever happen to meeee! Whee! Let's go interrogate dangerous criminals by myself!!" Gawyn FINALLY got over Rand, took him long enough, and the whole Perrin/Faile/Berelain stuff is finally over. Love the idea of Berelain and Galad though. :lol:

And now I need to keep reading. The next chapter is about Aviendha. I'm guessing she becomes a Wise One...

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 25th, 2010, 12:18 am 

WHEN IS THE NEXT BOOK COMING OUT.

Seriously. They're all fantastic. I want to knooooooow the ending. And what the heck is going on with the Black Tower. I thought it had been decided that Taim wasn't Forsaken? But it really seems like he is. I'm confused. I want to know more.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 25th, 2010, 2:23 am 
Vala
Vala

Can I take this to mean that you are done with ToM? Wasn't it brilliant? I've been monitoring this thread since I last posted, waiting to see your reaction to the book. ^_^

Haha, it had been determined that Taim was not Demandred. What hasn't been determined was what his connection is to Moridin. Apparently there is one, since Taim now has a dreamspike.

Wasn't the book fantastic, though? I can't decide what my favourite part was. Definitely all of the parts pertaining to Rand being the new Rand. :D Perhaps his meeting with Egwene, or his meeting with the Borderlanders. Or his saving of Maradon (which was totally epic!). Perrin managed to turn from incredibly annoying to relatively cool in this book, and Mat has rid himself of the Gholam. How much cooler can you be? I really, really, really want him to be wearing an awesome eyepatch in the next book, too. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2010, 3:58 pm 

Yup, I finished. I forgot about the whole glossary thing at the end and so though I had more than I actually did.

And now to process, I think I just have to go through all the plotpoints. :teehee:

Taim: Yeah, I thought we'd determined he wasn't Demandred. But he's clearly a darkfriend of some sort, what with all the practically corpselike people. And you'd think that since Perrin knew about the dreamspike, he'd put two and two together. "Hey, they can't travel to the black tower, but they can do everything else. Wonder if that means anything like it did back at the other camp." Come on, Perrin.

Though I'm not aggravated with him anymore. Since he finally came to terms with everything and is figuring out how to be a leader and all that. He's actually become cool again like he hasn't been for about 10 books. :P

For a while when they introduced the Empress, I forgot that it was Tuon. Because she was so not like Tuon. I'm really wondering how that will work out. She and Mat are so at odds on some things. And what with Aviendha's visions, the Seanchan aren't leaving. So what's going to go on? And attacking the White Tower? Plus they now have traveling? And good grief, Elaida. She still thinks she has power over the other Aes Sedai? Seriously? Yeah, I'm totally sure that 10 of them will go in your place.

Mat NEEDS an eyepatch. That was my very first thought as soon as they took his eye. "I hope he gets an eyepatch once they get out." The whole rescue was just awesome. And using the ashandarei to escape. I figured Noal was either Jain Farstrider or some really undercover darkfriend, so I wasn't too surprised. Thom and Moiraine? I did not see that coming. :blink:

Lan attacking at the very end of the book. He had BETTER survive. He's way too awesome to not. Hopefully the Borderlanders have stopped being so STUPID and will go back to actually leading armies and stuff. Honestly. I don't know why they felt the need to go so far south to figure out if he was the Dragon Reborn or not.

Rand was SO awesome in this book. I'm so glad he's the new Rand. And the whole light holding back the darkness thing? So cool. (Also, Nynaeve can heal madness? What can't that girl do? She was fantastic in this book too.) And the fact that Rand brings all the sunlight, good food, etc is so cool. I loved his bits of the book.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2010, 5:21 pm 
Vala
Vala

This is the first book since TGH that I enjoyed Rand's parts the most. I was pleasantly surprised. :D

Hahaha, I predicted Noal being Jain from the moment I saw his last name and realized that he was very well traveled. 2+2=...
As far as Thom and Moiraine, there were a lot of hints about that in the first half of TSR, so that I've seen since 2004, when I read TSR. ^_^ I did enjoy the whole Tower of Ghenjei part, though.

I wonder if Taim might have thirteen Myrdraal in his palace--13 Myrdraal+13 Channelers could lead to Logain's followers becoming Taim's followers. Exciting speculation, yes?

And yeah, Perrin is having a dense moment to not realize that Taim has a dreamspike. I was so happy when Rand mentioned that he himself could not risk traveling to the Black Tower anymore, though. He's finally not springing a trap intentionally!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next