Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 10:20 pm 
Elf
Elf

Well if Narishma drew it out, then he is to follow after... if the prophecy is to be taken literally. Maybe when Rand dies in Tarmon Gai'don (if he does) then the people will be kind of leaderless, I suppose. Maybe Narishma can take up a sort of leadership.... I don't know, that sounds rather farfetched to me, but who knows.... Truth be told, I have a horrible memory, and it's been a while since I've read all the books, so my opinions probably aren't going to be very helpful as of right now.But I am reading The Eye of the World right now, so hopefully, I can read through all the books soon and then I'll remember more.

Rereading EotW makes me sympathize with Rand a bit more. It makes me sad to look back and see how innocent he was before he and others found out that he was the Dragon Reborn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 9th, 2007, 2:18 pm 
Vala
Vala

Maybe Narishma will be like a new Tamyrlin or something.

Having just finished KoD, I'm not starting EotW again, since I don't feel like moving to another series yet. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2007, 7:14 pm 

Just a passing thought. Would anyone be interested in a WoT RPG?

As for Narishma, I haven't a clue. But I think he'll become a leader of something fairly big.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2007, 8:56 pm 
Elf
Elf

I would definitely LOVE to start a WoT RPG! I've actually been thinking about starting one, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I think it would be cool to do one about something around the Age of Legends. Maybe just before the Breaking of the World when the Time of Madness begins?

And Narishma being Tamrylin sounds right, but I was hoping that maybe Logain would get that position. I really like Logain. He's just so cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2007, 1:26 am 
Vala
Vala

Well, I think either Logain or Narishma (probably Logain) will become Tamyrlin, with the other as his immediate second. Or, maybe Logain will join the Asha'man with the Aes Sedai, so that we have male Aes Sedai again, while Narishma keeps some Asha'man as a separate group. *shrug* Who knows. :confused2:

I'd enjoy a WoT RPG--last years, Elarinya started one, and then I started one, but they both died. Mine was 'The Fall of Manetheren.' It didn't have much of a plot, though, besides defending Manetheren. So we need more of plot. :D

....*sigh* I've got an overwhelming desire to have Rand's heronmark swords right now. :D Both Tam's and the one that Aviendha gives him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2007, 5:11 pm 
Elf
Elf

Yeah, we'd have to make sure that the RPG didn't die. That's why I think it should take place sometime not during the books that way people who haven't read the books could join. I don't think that would be as confusing for them. If either of you has any specific plot ideas we could probably talk about them over PM or something, or maybe a thread in the Help and Ideas forum, rather than talk about it here since it would be somewhat off topic.

So anyways, I was looking over some notes and excerpts from the Karaethon Cycle on encyclopaedia-wot.org, and I came across some things that I wondered about.

"... Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed.
Once for mourning, once for birth..."

I was really not sure about what that meant, other than it had something to do with Rand and his 'death.' And I was wondering if the 'birth' part might have something to do with Rand and Elayne's children.

"The seals that hold back night shall weaken,
And in the heart of winter, shall winter's heart be born
amid the wailing of lamentations and the gnashing of teeth,
for winter's heart shall ride a black horse,
and the name of it is Death."

Now this I assumed has something to do with Moridin, since the Old Tongue translation of his name is 'Death' but I'm not sure about what it means when it says 'in the heart of winter, shall winter's heart be born...'.

I'm sorry if either of these have already been explained in the books, but as I've said it's been a while since I've actually read through them all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2007, 7:24 pm 

Ellisande wrote:
Yeah, we'd have to make sure that the RPG didn't die. That's why I think it should take place sometime not during the books that way people who haven't read the books could join. I don't think that would be as confusing for them. If either of you has any specific plot ideas we could probably talk about them over PM or something, or maybe a thread in the Help and Ideas forum, rather than talk about it here since it would be somewhat off topic.

Yeah, around the Age of Legends sounds pretty neat. And I think a thread about it would be better, that way we could have some input from non-WoT fanatics.

Quote:

I was really not sure about what that meant, other than it had something to do with Rand and his 'death.' And I was wondering if the 'birth' part might have something to do with Rand and Elayne's children.

Well, I think the "twice dawns" part just means there will be two days of battle. At least. I know some people analyze that a lot and go into a bunch of theories. As for the mourning and birth bit...
I think the mourning means Rand will die. I really expect that. And I think birth is the birth of the new age.

Quote:

Now this I assumed has something to do with Moridin, since the Old Tongue translation of his name is 'Death' but I'm not sure about what it means when it says 'in the heart of winter, shall winter's heart be born...'

Didn't Moridin start appearing around wintertime? I don't remember exactly when he came in, but if he came in either when winter came for them, or when it would normally be winter, I think that could make sense.

It hasn't been too long since I finished the books, but there's so much to them that it's hard to remember it all!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 14th, 2007, 1:47 pm 
Vala
Vala

Ellisande wrote:

Now according to one of my theories (the one in which Rand survives) I've thought that that refers to the same day, but while people 'mourn' his passing (some, at least), it is also the day that he slips into his Beggar disguise (another common internet theory that I'm not sure I agree with), so it's actually a fake death, in which he dies to the majority of the world.

However, I'm not sure I agree 100% with that theory, so it's still speculation that I wouldn't stake my life on.

Ellisande wrote:

This one is one of the only quotes I haven't puzzled out yet. I just read Winter's Heart last week, and I remember at one point that Rand says/think that he is colder than Winter's heart ever was, considering all that he goes through in that book. However, that doesn't really seem to hold up with "and the name of it is Death." That doesn't make much sense to me--it's one of the annoying confuzzlements of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2007, 10:10 pm 

So last night was "celebrate the seniors" night and one of my senior friends is a WoT reader like me. :-D We were supposed to ask our seniors questions, and I asked him "Who killed Asmodean?"

We were the only two people out of about 20 who understood it at all. But I thought it was funny.

Which makes me wonder, yet again, who killed Asmodean? My main guess would be Moridin, but I really haven't a clue.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2007, 11:23 pm 

Hehehe. :P That's a funny question.

I remember reading somewhere that Robert Jordan had said Nynaeve killed him, but I suspect it was in jest. I honestly don't have a clue either. Someone really unlikely, I guess.

I'm going to have to reread the series, I think. I really don't have any complicated conspiracy theories... :blink:

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2007, 7:39 am 
Istari
Istari

Artemis wrote:
Aww, it's too bad that you think so. I personally love it all, but that's just my opinion, and we're all entitled to our own :-D . So have you read through all of the books out, or did you stop after a certain one?
I stopped after about the tenth book. Partially because tahat's all they had at the library...

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2007, 11:02 am 

Aw, you stopped just before the best book! In my opinion, Knife of Dreams is the most amazing one.

This is a picture I drew of Galad, I think it turned out pretty well. It's probably only the second one I've done that actually looks like I was trying to get it to look.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2007, 3:30 pm 
Vala
Vala

That's pretty good, Nurr. :) Certainly better than anything I'd draw.

Who killed Asmodean? Hmm...I highly doubt it was Moridin--none of the other Forsaken recognised him, so why would Asmodean? That also rules out Aran'gar, Osan'gar, and Cyndane.

So I'd say it could be Padan Fain, Demandred, Graendal, Semirhage, Mesaana, or one other, far most-likely candidate--Isam/Luc. Slayer, in other words. With his ability to travel through Tel'aran'rhiod and exit wherever he wants, he is quite a good possibility. Anyways, those are the only ones I can think of who would/could kill Asmodean like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2007, 9:28 pm 

Thank you. :)
Huh, I never even thought of Slayer. That's an interesting theory. But would Asmodean really recognize him? And why would Slayer kill him? Cause he seems to me to be rather on his own.
Padan Fain is another one I never thought of.
I would think Demandred and Graendal would be the most likely out of the Forsaken, just because they actually KNOW about Asmodean. They were the only ones really told about him.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2007, 11:59 am 
Vala
Vala

Okay, I actually looked this theory up, and I found out that by using simple methods of elimination, Slayer is the only one who really could have killed him, so far as we know. The other possibilities are only possible with flimsy, circumstantial evidence. In other words, there is almost no way that they could have killed him, but there's no actual proof that they didn't. :annoyed2:

However, I have a hard time believing that Slayer did it, because apparently, only a very, very, very few fans have ever guessed correctly, and RJ has never said which fans guessed right, and I have to imagine that many people have already guessed Slayer.

Still, but using the process of elimination, the only ones left who could really have killed him are Graendal and Sammael.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2007, 1:53 am 
Elf
Elf

Hmm, who killed Asmodean? I can' wait for that question to be answered! Sometimes I'll be bored, and that will just pop into my head lol. But I'm really not sure. I like the Slayer theory. I hadn't thought of that before. Personally I had always suspected Graendal. But who really knows? Well aside from RJ, that is.

Oh and if any of you are interested, I started a Wheel of Time RPG thread. The RPG will be based on the Breaking of the World.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next