Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2007, 7:22 pm 
Elf
Elf

Oh yeah, I forgot that he doesn't know that already. I wonder how he'll react.... The main thing I'm looking forward to though is seeing Lan raise Malkier... well hopefully he will. I have faith in him. But I've been a huge Lan fan (hehe that rhymes) since I first read the Eye of the World, and I just really want to see him raise his homeland and become king.

Gah I just can't wait till RJ gets the book out!!! I get all excited whenever I think about it! :bounce: There's just so much stuff that is going to be revealed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2007, 2:26 pm 
Vala
Vala

Artemis wrote:
Oh yeah, I forgot that he doesn't know that already. I wonder how he'll react.... The main thing I'm looking forward to though is seeing Lan raise Malkier... well hopefully he will. I have faith in him. But I've been a huge Lan fan (hehe that rhymes) since I first read the Eye of the World, and I just really want to see him raise his homeland and become king.

Gah I just can't wait till RJ gets the book out!!! I get all excited whenever I think about it! :bounce: There's just so much stuff that is going to be revealed!

I agree with everything except Lan's Raising of Malkier being the main thing I'm looking forward too--it's just one of many.

Here's a new topic for discussion: What do you guys thing Mat's going to do now that he is Prince of the Ravens, and has that power over the Seanchan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2007, 1:03 am 
Elf
Elf

Hmm.... I haven't really thought a lot about that one. Well, hopefully he can put a stop to all the fighting that's going on. Rand will probably take this oppurtunity to make a good alliance with the Seanchan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2007, 5:12 am 
Vala
Vala

That's my opinion, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2007, 10:33 pm 

You have to wonder how these things are going to play out. Rand is making a truce with the Seanchan, and he commands Aes Sedai. Mat is Prince of the Ravens and Rand's friend. Galad is going to enter into an alliance with the Aes Sedai to go against the Seanchan. I really need to know how these are going to work together!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 5:13 am 
Vala
Vala

Ditto. I love this series--it's very nerve-wracking. RJ is a fantastic author.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2007, 12:00 pm 
Vala
Vala

Sorry for the double post, but I want to talk about this.

I noticed that RJ is planning on writing another book, one which reportedly is going to feature Tuon and Mat eight years after Tarmon Gai'don. :D I think we can take that as an affirmative that Mat will survive. That makes me happy. :bounce: Perrin can die, and that's fine, but Mat dying would be awful. He has his luck, after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2007, 12:47 am 

Really? I hadn't heard that! I had read he was planning on writing something about a man shipwrecked in a Seachan-like culture... I wonder if that book is related.

I don't think Rand's going to survive, personally. I was rereading The Eye of the World, when he meets Min, and she says one of the visions she has of him is of three women grieving at his burial or something similar... although I guess it could just be of old age...

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2007, 3:24 am 
Vala
Vala

I have seen so many points about whether or not Rand's going to die that I have no idea which is going to happen--they seem equally possible. However, I personally hope he dies. It would seem fitting. :)

On Wikipedia it mentioned that the two other books he's writing that are associated with WoT are going to be separate--one is going to deal with Tam al'Thor and his finding of Rand, and the other is supposedly going to deal with Mat and Tuon 8 years after Tarmon Gai'don.

I don't know if all that's true or not, since it was on Wikipedia, but I hope it is. I want to read a book about Tam--he's one of the most interesting characters. Second-in-command of the Companions of Illian? How cool is that? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2007, 12:53 am 

Oh - the presequels! Yes, I heard that there were going to be two presequels set after New Spring - Encyclopedia WoT mentions one about how Tam found Rand, and another about how Moiraine and Lan arrived at Two Rivers. So I guess if he's writing one about Mat and Tuon, it's a sequel. Or maybe related to his [url=http://encyclopaedia-wot.org:8008/main/ioh.html]Infinity of Heaven[/i] project...

I wish he'd hurry up and write them - but as he's apparently still unwell, I guess we're going to be waiting a while... *sighs*

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2007, 2:45 am 
Vala
Vala

Yeah, I think we will be waiting a while--Amyloidosis or whatever it is happens to have no cure at this point. So unless they find one soon, he probably has only two or three more years to live.

I know it sounds selfish, but I hope he lives long enough to finish A Memory of Light at least. :confused2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2007, 5:15 am 

Have you been reading his blog? He seems pretty determined to live longer than that. :P Although, there was something he said awhile back about them not being able to tell how long he can live, because it just varies from person to person.

Something also on there implied that he was writing again - or those days he was well enough, or something, so I think Memory of Light will get there. At least, I hope it does. :confused:

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2007, 11:27 am 
Vala
Vala

Herenya wrote:
Have you been reading his blog? He seems pretty determined to live longer than that. :P Although, there was something he said awhile back about them not being able to tell how long he can live, because it just varies from person to person.

Something also on there implied that he was writing again - or those days he was well enough, or something, so I think Memory of Light will get there. At least, I hope it does. :confused:

Yeah, he's pretty determined to live longer, but it does vary from person to person--the max I think was 4 years for a person surviving.

And he is writing, too, but for only around two hours each day. He said he's writing down notes for the book, too, so that if he dies, someone else can complete it in roughly the way he would have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2007, 8:19 pm 

I read a thing the other day (don't ask me where) that RJ's count is down from 40 something to 5 (? I was tired and not paying a whole lot of attention) but the main point is that a normal count is around 3, so apparently whatever he's doing seems to be working well.

I cannot wait for Memory of Light!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2007, 11:04 am 
Vala
Vala

Really? I haven't read that, whatever it was. Hopefully it's true. Also hopefully they will cure him--I don't want him to die. I might sound selfish, but I want him to write more books. :P

....darn. I had a question I wanted to ask here, and I just forgot it. It was another anticipation question. :annoyed2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 5th, 2007, 10:52 pm 
Elf
Elf

Nurrantiel wrote:
I read a thing the other day (don't ask me where) that RJ's count is down from 40 something to 5 (? I was tired and not paying a whole lot of attention) but the main point is that a normal count is around 3, so apparently whatever he's doing seems to be working well.

I cannot wait for Memory of Light!

Yeah, I read something like that on his blog, I think it was. He was talking about how he was getting better. Hopefully, he keeps improving cause I really want to be able to read Memory of Light and any other books that he is thinking about releasing. That's selfish, I know, but I can't help it. Also, he seems like a really cool person, and it would be terrible if something happened to him.

I hope you think of your question, Aerandir :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next