Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Harry Potter Portraits
PostPosted: December 31st, 2005, 9:52 am 

I've just thought, you know the portraits in Harry Potter, If someone had done one of Dumbledore, couldn't Harry just go and talk to the Dumbledore Portrait and he could give Harry advice? Or a picture or anything? It's probably alot more complicated that that but Armando Dippet can talk and he's dead.
Any views?

(I'm in a kind of "I need to find a way Dumbledore can return" kind of phase at the moment!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2005, 6:43 pm 
Elf
Elf

Well I'm pretty sure someone has done a portrait of Dumbledore, as there are portraits of all the headmasters... however, I don't think portraits can give the same kind of advice as real live people. Its just not the same. I believe JKR has said something reguarding this, but I'm not positive... I will check it out later when I have time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2006, 1:28 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I think that in some ways he could, but harry is too stubborn to do so, since he might be leaving Hogwarts he might not even think about his portrait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2006, 1:07 am 
Elf
Elf

Hmm...I think Harry should try, but I don't think it will be the same because I mean--he's dead. Unless he became a ghost.

Capt. Jack: Shoot him and cut out his tongue! Then shoot his tongue!..and trim that scraggly beard.

yAAAy! The <a href="http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/dec2007/tc20071218_443372.htm">Hobbit movie</a> is back on!!! Movie buffs get excited!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2006, 8:02 pm 
Elf
Elf

Dumbledore wouldn't become a ghost... read Nick's explanation of why one becomes a ghost at the end of OotP, and you will understand why Dumbledore would never do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2006, 10:15 pm 
Elf
Elf

Oh! I haven't read Hp in a while, sorry. I've been finding other great authors and such.

Capt. Jack: Shoot him and cut out his tongue! Then shoot his tongue!..and trim that scraggly beard.

yAAAy! The <a href="http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/dec2007/tc20071218_443372.htm">Hobbit movie</a> is back on!!! Movie buffs get excited!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 31st, 2006, 9:29 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I think if Harry waits a portrait will appear in the Headmasters office, because if I'm not mistaken all thoses portraits on the wall of Dumbledores office is off all the previous headmasters.

Imagemade by Nostariel

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 14th, 2006, 6:52 pm 
Ent
Ent

i've wondered that too. i have to agree with whoever said the portrait prbly wouldn't give as good advice, but i do hope that the portrait will be up and will give the same wonderful advice. but what i really hope for is that somehow dumbledore will still be alive. don't we all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 14th, 2006, 7:03 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

it seems like the portrait could give somewhat good advice. after all, the images still reflect the personality/loyalties/wisdom of the person. remember how Dumbledore (RIP) trusted some of them & not others b/c of what they did in life.

Sam: I never said that!
Dean: You're always sayin' pansy stuff like that.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 14th, 2006, 8:39 pm 
Elf
Elf

Faramirs_Wife wrote:
I think if Harry waits a portrait will appear in the Headmasters office, because if I'm not mistaken all thoses portraits on the wall of Dumbledores office is off all the previous headmasters.

but maybe the next headmaster won't allow Harry into his/her office... or maybe Harry won't even be at Hogwarts next year... just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2006, 7:08 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

The next headmaster, or mistriss rather, is Professor McGonagal.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2006, 1:48 pm 
Maia
Maia

I think that if dumbldore,did come back as a portrait, he'd probably give harry very engimatic, dumbledorish advice that he won't understand and then walk of. That sounds like the kinda thing he'd do anyway.

[font=Times New Roman, serif].:Sig by me, open to requests of banners, anicons, avvies and wallies over PM:.
.:For Icon credit, PM me:.
[/font]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2006, 5:23 pm 
Elf
Elf

Lady_Artemis wrote:
I think that if dumbldore,did come back as a portrait, he'd probably give harry very engimatic, dumbledorish advice that he won't understand and then walk of. That sounds like the kinda thing he'd do anyway.

Good point. Knowing Dumbledore, he would consider Harry to be on his own now, and would be rather stubborn about giving direct, solid advice, and would let Harry figure things out on his own.