Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 9th, 2009, 9:20 pm 
Istari
Istari

Wow. :blink: Those lyrics just send chills down my spine. Red is truly the master of deep lyrics. I can't wait to hear it!

haha Pieces is one of my favorite songs of all time! It never fails to just draw out some emotion in me. I always feel so calm after I listen to it.

I can tell them apart, but if I'm zoning out and all three of the songs have gone by, I don't even notice. :-P Those are the three I like the least on the album. I think it's all according to taste, though. One of my sister's friends completely loves Wasting Time. :)

*runs off to Jesus Freak Hideout*

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 9th, 2009, 9:53 pm 
Elf
Elf

Go ahead and use the set, Maironiel. Help us in our [s]evil plot[/s] noble cause to spread Red-ness to all of A-U!

Ooh, they have the lyrics on JFH? I was there like 5 minutes ago and never thought to look...

I think I loved all the songs from End of Silence, also. Breathe Into Me, Wasting Time, Gave It All Away, Already Over, and Pieces would have to be my favorites. Pieces is one of the most beautiful songs of all time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 9th, 2009, 10:11 pm 
Vala
Vala

I don't know what inspired me to look at them, but I randomly decided to... and it looks like the last track on the deluxe edition is basically another version of The Fight Inside, like Already Over Part 2. REALLY looking forward to hearing that. :)

Pieces was the first Red song I ever heard. :yes: I managed to get all of my friends addicted to it at once after that. It was awesome. :lol: I am still in love with that song, though that was a good two years ago.

There will come a time with no more tears
and love will not break your heart but dismiss your fears
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 9th, 2009, 11:21 pm 
Elf
Elf

*points to my post over at the Alphabet game- song titles thread*

hahahaha...

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10th, 2009, 12:33 am 
Vala
Vala

OK. So I just made my 15-year-old sister watch all three of Red's music videos, which she'd never seen before. After exclaiming over how incredibly creepy the lead singer was multiple times, she finished up by saying

"Much as I like his voice, he looks like a black eyed pea/walrus/murderer!"

Not exactly sure what that means, but it definitely made me laugh. :lol:

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10th, 2009, 2:05 am 
Elf
Elf

downloading...NOW!
:-D
:)
:swoon:
:bounce:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10th, 2009, 10:05 am 
Vala
Vala

SO GLAD I don't have class until noon. *stares out the window pathetically, waiting for the mail truck*

EDIT: It's here. :bounce: I'm on Start Again. I have the deluxe edition, which has extra tracks on it that I haven't heard yet - but I have to listen to them all in order the first time around.

PS - My Innocence and Instinct t-shirt rocks.

PPS - The intro track, Canto III, is EPIC.

EDIT AGAIN: BUY THE DELUXE CD. If only for Nothing and Everything, which is like a piano and strings version of The Fight Inside. It is one of the most amazing things I have heard IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I am melting away right now. It's absolutely breathtaking. *dies*

:swoon:

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10th, 2009, 5:20 pm 
Istari
Istari

I'm seriously hoping my dad comes home with the cd, which isn't very likely, but I'm still holding on to my faith! :-D I, of course, saw it on iTunes and when I saw it was the bonus version and had Nothing and Everything....:swoon: I completely agree, Altariel! From what I've heard, it's far better than the rock version, and the only acoustic version that I've heard that's as good as this is Lie To Me by 12 Stones. Please, daddy dearest? PLEASE BRING IT HOME TO MEEEEEE!! *coughs* :-P

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10th, 2009, 6:46 pm 
Vala
Vala

I'd help you plead with your dad if I knew him, Rose. :-P

I'm listening through the CD for the second time - I had to take a long break due to school and a massive research project I'm working on. It's so, so good to have this CD.

Take it All Away still makes me cry every single time. Nothing and Everything makes me extremely thoughtful and mellow.

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10th, 2009, 7:20 pm 
Elf
Elf

...What to do...wait until I can find the deluxe cd in my area (a.k.a. marching into Wal-Mart and demanding they order it NOW,) or buy from iTunes...?

*Ponders*

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10th, 2009, 7:32 pm 
Istari
Istari

Hmph. :disgust: My dad apparently didn't hear my telepathic urgings, so I guess I'll have to wait for another day. It's so hard, though!!

I still want to hear Take It All Away all the way through, but I'm trying so hard to wait. I think, to tide me over, I'll buy Nothing and Everything, since I doubt we'll get the deluxe version. Yay for iTunes giftcards! :-P

I thought I'd share a Red moment I had this morning. I was listening to Let Go, in honor of the new cd, and suddenly, I really and truly understood what they were talking about. I just totally got ticked at all the little things in my life that aren't right, and I was like, "LET GOOOOO!!!" If anybody had tried to talk to me, I would have given them a death glare. :-P Then I listened to Pieces, which almost made me cry. Let Go has once again become one of my favorite songs of all time. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10th, 2009, 10:06 pm 
Vala
Vala

Yes, buy Nothing and Everything. You won't regret it. I am SO in love with it.

Estel, I guess it depends on what matters more to you: getting it fast or getting it in CD form. :teehee:

On Let Go: that was the second Red song to really impact my life (after Pieces). I'm not going to tell the whole story - my testimony is rather long, and it's not a story I would tell many people - but basically, by the summer I was 16 I had been struggling with severe depression for three years and my entire life was falling apart. I had some very destructive habits, I was hiding everything from everyone around me, I couldn't live with myself, and I would have committed suicide save that I wasn't sure where I'd go after I died.

The month all of this came to a head, I made a Frodo fanvid to Let Go, that was really more about myself and the harmful things I was addicted to. The whole time I was making it I thought about Frodo screaming to the Ring to let go of him, and at the same time I felt like I was screaming at Satan to let go of me. But then, as I finished the video with Frodo at Mount Doom and all he faced there, I realized something: in the end, it wasn't the ring that had to let go of Frodo. It was Frodo who had to make the choice to let go of the Ring. And suddenly the song had so much meaning to me, and that's always what I think of when I hear the song now.

You probably didn't need to hear all that, but it's just my personal experience with the song. :teehee:

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 11th, 2009, 12:29 am 
Vala
Vala

Doubt post: my full album review is up now, on my blog. http://elraen-fragileontheinside.blogspot.com/ It's quite long. Props if you read the whole thing. :-P

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 11th, 2009, 6:04 pm 
Istari
Istari

I bought Nothing and Everything, and it just made me realize how much Red can make different styles work. I love the part towards the middle that doesn't seem to go with the rest of of the song, but somehow manages to fit in perfectly. Only Red could pull that off!

Wow. I'm honored you decided to tell us part of your testimony! :hug: It's simply amazing what God can do through bands like Red. That's why I just laugh when people say that Christian rock is basically the same as secular music. I have never been positively affected by secular music, although some of the songs have made me squee because of their adorable-ness factor. I'm so very glad that God spoke to you through Red's music, because that might be part of the reason why you're still here today! :hug: You have inspired and challenged me to become a stronger Christian, and I'm so grateful I've gotten to know you. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 11th, 2009, 6:35 pm 
Elf
Elf

Wow, AF, that is a really powerful testimony. :hug: I've gone through something very similar in my life, though I would have to say that if God used a song to bring me out of that, it was Red Sam by Flyleaf. Isn't it just amazing how God can use bands like that to heal us and bring us closer to Him? :hug:

That was a really good review, too! I have to point out this, from your paragraph on Take It All Away:
Quote:
It's a final picture of brokenness, when the anger and hate and the rage have bled away and all that remains is an aching emptiness.

^I have felt like that so many times before, but never knew how to put it into words. Take It All Away is probably my favorite song on the entire cd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 12th, 2009, 5:42 pm 
Istari
Istari

I agree with Estie; that review was amazing! You have an incredible way with words, dearest AD. :hug: I can write, but I don't have nearly the amount of talent you do. :)

I have yet to hear Take It All Away all the way through. I skipped through it to get a feel for it, and I'm still not sure what my opinion is. I guess I'll have to keep on waiting. *checks watch and sighs* :-D

I think I'm going to change my set now. I'm rebirthing my Cam Gigandet obsession, and I randomly became re-obsessed with Sparrabeth this morning, so I shall be leaving the ranks of the Red set-ers for now!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next