Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm 
Vala
Vala

*bumpeths*

So, who all is excited about Innocence and Instinct? :)

There will come a time with no more tears
and love will not break your heart but dismiss your fears
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2009, 9:52 pm 
Istari
Istari

MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :bounce: I can't wait! I heard 35 seconds from each song, and I'm already in love with Mystery of You, and Shadows, one of the full songs, has taken my heart completely. I gasp every time the chorus kicks in. :swoon: Unfortunately, as soon as Start Again starts the chorus, the clip cuts off, and it sounds like one of the most amazing choruses ever. I can't wait to hear the full cd! :boing:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2009, 12:08 pm 
Vala
Vala

Wait, where did you hear the previews? Now I'm going to have to obsessively search for them. :teehee: I've heard Death Of Me, Fight Inside, Never Be the Same, Shadows (my favorite thus far, I think), and then a clip of one of the others... I forget which. It's just going to be beyond amazing. :)

EDIT: Found them. OH MY GOODNESS. :swoon:

*AF revives*

Mystery of You, Start Again, Confession, and Take it All Away are all sounding like they'll be favorites of mine. ...In other words, like the whole CD. :lol: I think this will definitely make Red my second-favorite band of all time. I am in awe.

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 5:17 pm 
Istari
Istari

*listens to Mystery of You again and has a heart attack* :swoon: *listens to Start Again and dies* :swoon: *listens to Confession and rocks out* :guitar: Those, besides Shadows, which still is my favorite *listens and squees*, seem to have the most promise to me. I'm not sold out on Take It All Away yet, but I'm sure I'll love it once I hear the entire song reach its climax. Again, our twin-ness shows by us loving the same songs. ;) We should make matching banners to honor the new cd or something!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 5:39 pm 
Vala
Vala

I love the way each one is unique and beautiful in its own way. :) I think the only song I've heard a preview of that I haven't totally loved was Ordinary World, which is good, but I'm just not totally in love with it.

We should make banners! :) It would have to share with my Skillet banner though, which I am still totally in love with. :teehee:

I pre-ordered the "Inferno package" yesterday - the deluxe CD plus a t-shirt. :) I can't wait!

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 7:59 pm 
Istari
Istari

Again, same here. :-D Ordinary World seemed like it was missing something, but again, I might just have to hear the whole thing.

Do you think we could try to make one together, like maybe send the file back and forth? I don't know how to send the unmerged layers, but if we sent the JPEG it might work. :)

I think I'm going to wait until my dad buys it. Why buy it when you know your dad will? :-P

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 6:57 pm 
Elf
Elf

...they're coming out with a new cd?
:swoon:
i had them on my list of "bands that i'm anxiously waiting for new cds from" for awhile now...

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 29th, 2009, 7:23 pm 
Istari
Istari

Oh, goodness, it's going to be incredible! Here are some of the released songs, and don't blame me if you start dying from the awesomeness. ;) I'll attempt to revive you. :-P

Fight Inside: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4OCLIJEVhc
Never Be The Same: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o
Death of Me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQalUUtJ ... re=related

and my personal favorite

Shadows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZwoPoZ8bBI

Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 31st, 2009, 1:35 am 
Elf
Elf

Red will be the death of me.

*dies of awesomeness overload*

/stupid punniness

*dies again* *revives*

Okay, I feel kinda slow, but I just watched the music video for Death Of Me. Um, wow. Epic. That's all I can say right now.

...Okay, I lied. Have I ever mentioned how I am such a sucker for intricate orchestral arrangements, especially when used with hard rock? And the drumming...wow. They've improved a lot since End Of Silence, a feat that I had previously thought to be impossible. And the cinemetography for the music video...EPIC. Wow! Fits the music perfectly, and it's beautiful to look at...RED has some of the best music videos I've seen in a long time.

I haven't heard Shadows yet...*scampers off to listen*

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 31st, 2009, 2:22 pm 
Vala
Vala

Yay! Estel found this thread! :bounce:

Yes, they have improved so much. And the Death of Me video is pretty cool. :yes: And check out Shadows! It's amazing. :) And what you described is basically my favorite music style - orchestral elements with hard rock.

Rose, that could be interesting to try - have you seen the battles where people do that? Each person adds something new to the graphic and posts it, then the next person adds something new and posts it, etc.

And you're lucky that your dad would buy it. I'd probably be grounded if my dad heard it. :eyeroll: Headphones are my friend. :yes:

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2009, 5:15 pm 
Istari
Istari

Yay for Estie! :-P

Oh, that's my favorite style, too! After that comes the 12 Stones kind of sound, then comes a tie between techno/dance and ballads. I have pretty random tastes. :) Speaking of techno/dance, have either of you heard And Then There Were None? They're an amazing new band who are just...wow. Here's their purevolume: http://www.purevolume.com/andthentherewerenone

Tariel, that would be awesome if we could make something like that before Innocence and Instinct comes out! Would you like to try it?

Now on to RED. Only 7 more days!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: I'm so excited! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2009, 8:39 pm 
Vala
Vala

I'd absolutely like to try it. :) You're welcome to start it, and send me the first layer tonight. If you want more of an idea of how we could do it, I dug up an old thread where smeag and Aliana did something similar a while back:

http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=18590

And yes! One week! I keep reminding myself to get through the hardest days of school (like now... I'm really sick and have a gazillion things to do). I really hope mine arrives at least a day early, as pre-orders often do. I keep listening to the samples over and over, and speculating about the extra tracks on the deluxe CD that I can't hear previews of.

Oh, and in case anyone missed it, here's an early review that Red posted on their MySpace:

EARLY REVIEW

Red is quickly becoming a phenomenon, one in which I have had no problem being a part of. In a move reminiscent of Trent Reznor's mind-numbing prerelease games for Nine Inch Nails' Year Zero, the sophomore effort of Red was built up with a number of twisting and turning internet puzzles. For months, diehard fans of an increasingly popular band slaved over the tiniest numbers or messages, all just to find out a little bit more about Innocence and Instinct. Maybe they're all just crazy, but after Red's stellar 2006 debut End of Silence, can you really blame them?

It's worth mentioning that Red is unlike anything you've heard before, a pure hard rock band with glorious electronic showerings and powerful vocals that range from beautiful melody to emotional screams. It won't take long for you to realize just what you've been missing if you aren't already a member of Red nation, because "Fight Inside" kicks out your speakers after one of the band's signature electronic intros. The guitars kick in shortly after to compliment the backbeat, and by the time you hear the crisp vocals, you'll be sold on Red's style. "Fight Inside" is hardly Red's catchiest track, but it's powerful both in sound and message, and if you don't figure out that Red's a Christian band right away, you're not alone.

Lead single "Death of Me" isn't close to Red's catchiest work either, but it should be mentioned that Red does not pride themselves on catchy hooks, but on intense and emotional music. In similar vein to the opening track, "Death of Me" rings out with raging guitars and clean electronic beats, with a faded out vocal accompanying on the verses. The chorus may take a couple of spins to get ingrained in your head, but it will be worth it when you find yourself singing to "But I'm still bleeding and you'll be the death of me."

I may be ranting a bit on the first two tracks so I'll make some more concise points with the rest of this. "Mystery of You" is that hook you've been looking for if you're not yet sold on Red, and "Start Again" will be sure to keep you locked into your headphones. Innocence and Instinct isn't about headbanging, thought it's certainly welcome, but more about the tone and edginess of the music. A dark and ethereal tone drips through every bit of Innocence and Instinct, yet the songs bring message of everything from hope to despair. "Never Be The Same" echoes both of these as crazy as that seems, and I'll never forget the raw passion of the bridge lines "No, stay, nothing compares to you...I can't let you go."

It's increasingly harder to avoid going on with great length about each song, largely because every song brings it's own unique traits, breaking free of perhaps the only weakness of Red's debut. Even a cover of Duran Duran's "Ordinary World" shakes off any kind of mold that Red may have used to make Innocence and Instinct, and it's certainly easy to notice throughout that not a single song is the same. On my first listen I was barely focused on the CD at all, but managed to notice every time a song changed. It's very hard to find an album like that at any time. From the harmonies of "Shadows" to the gritty "Out From Under", not one track falls far below the rest.

I hate perfect scores, and almost never give them away without great thought, but it's so damn hard to find a flaw in Red's second effort. The production is out of this world, the instrumentation is not legendary, but more than fits the sound of the band, and the lyrics are masterful. This isn't a blatant Christian record, you'd never know Red was one of those bands without serious thought. The biggest flaw has to be that Innocence and Instinct has only 10 tracks, but picking up the deluxe edition will fix that problem, and even without spending money, this disc never feels shortened or incomplete. Quite simply, it's everything that manic fanbase could have hoped for and more, which pleases this crazy fan quite a bit.

The Point - Innocence and Instinct is brilliant in every way, with virtually no flaws. The powerful emotion of the record is top notch, and the band has more than enough chops to pull it off. If Red isn't established as one of the top bands in their genre after this record, there is no justice in this world. Buy this record.

10 out of 10
ROCKBAND.COM

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2009, 11:26 pm 
Elf
Elf

That add-on-as-you-go battle thing is gonna be interesting.

Really encouraging review! I probably won't be able to buy Innocence and Instinct for a while...it depends on how much money my parents are willing to spend and how good my persuasion skills get in the next 7 days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2009, 9:08 pm 
Vala
Vala

OH MY GOODNESS. They just posted a preview of THE ENTIRE ALBUM on MySpace.

*is absolutely dying over the freakin' AWESOMENESS that is Mystery of You*

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2009, 9:46 pm 
Vala
Vala

Double post, now I've heard the whole thing. I wrote down my first impressions as I was listening.

Mystery of You
That back-beat = LOVE.
Epic instrumentation
great verses – not at all too weak for the chorus, as is often the case

Start Again
AMAZING intro
excellent vocals
guitars accent rather than drowning out the song
Ooh, sweet use of echo
THE BRIDGE. OMG.
Outro is totally unique for them – gorgeous

Confession (What's Inside My Head)
Intro reminiscent of Wasting Time
Great chorus, very strong
Interesting vocal patterns
WOAH, unexpected bridge transition – is that a different key?
Strings? SWEET!

Shadows
*is dead* That intro sounds WAY BETTER than on YouTube.
Ooh, nice harmony on the end of the second verse
Chorus = OMG
*headbang here*

Ordinary World
Not sure what to think of this intro... interesting melody
Ooh, sweet instrumentation
Think this is a cover, which would explain the unusual melody
Seems like the kind of song I'd listen to late at night after a long day
Ooh, interesting use of acoustic guitar before the second verse
Also an unusual key for them
Like the second half better than the first

Out From Under
WOAH, they're doing great at mastering intros
Driving beat – very strong
Only song with really heavy screaming so far
OK, this bridge and outro are a-m-a-z-i-n-g

Take It All Away
Reminiscent of Already Over Part 2
Ooh, actually said “innocence and instinct”
Nice effect with the heartbeat before the chorus
Nice use of vocals on this one too
Very muted, numbed sound to it
Whispered back-up vocals work really well
Ooh, interesting melodic nuances – very unique
The harmony is SO well done
Beautifully fragile vocals and piano
Instrumentation is sheer brilliance
It's building slowly, beautifully, achingly
*dies*

Take it All Away is my favorite. I was crying by the end, and I still have tears running down my face. You'd have to understand some of the things God has brought me through to understand why. Shadows is a very close second.

I am in so much awe right now I'm afraid to breathe. This is officially my second favorite rock album of all time, surpassed only by Skillet's Comatose.

Be sure to let me know what you two think when you hear it, Estel and Rose. I want to know your opinion now. :teehee:

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2009, 10:38 pm 
Istari
Istari

As soon as I saw your reviews, I ran hyperventialting to myspace...and nothing's there. :confused: Can you post the link you have?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next