Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2009, 10:40 pm 
Vala
Vala

Trying to get it to work... give me a moment... I think it's because I'm their friend that I can see the blog entry...

OK. I put it on my personal blog, so you can go and listen to it here:

http://elraen-fragileontheinside.blogspot.com/

Hah, my subscribers are going to wonder what in the world I'm doing... :teehee:

There will come a time with no more tears
and love will not break your heart but dismiss your fears
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2009, 10:48 pm 
Istari
Istari

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But.....I don't want to listen. I can't! I even had a dream about this. :-P I dreamed one of my friends had the leaked cd....and I wouldn't listen to it because I want the first time I sit down in my living room and listen to it to be completely and utterly special. I have the feeling I'm turning this into something sacred, but I.....ok, I'll listen to one song. Which one should it be? :-P

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2009, 10:49 pm 
Vala
Vala

Gah, pressure! :teehee: Ummm... either Mystery of You or Take it All Away. One of those two. :-P

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2009, 11:02 pm 
Istari
Istari

I listened to precisely 29 seconds of Mystery of You before physically tearing myself away (I've currently been moaning quite loudly about the total agony I'm going through)....so I guess I might as well just finish it. I'll type the emotions I'm going through as I listen to it. :-D This...will be interesting,

Intro=hott.
Great driving guitar line!
*squees*!!!!!!!!!!!!
*chills enter*
(Actual scream from me)
*ish going to explode*!!
*rocks out to guitar after first chorus*
SOMEWHERE I WILL FIND!!!!!!
*drowns and more chills*
Oh, that's.......EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!
*another squee*
ALL THE PIECES!!!!
MYSTERY OF YOU!!!!
SOMEWHEREEEEEEEE!!!!!
*jerks at hott scream*
Ohhh, guitars....*melts*

You have just been privileged to read every emotion I go through when listening to a Red song. I hope you enjoyed the drama. *bows* Well, I have to go now, and I'll probably dream of Red tonight. Bye!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2009, 11:06 pm 
Vala
Vala

I know the feeling well. :lol: YES, it is BEYOND EPIC. :punk: :swoon: :notworthy: :drool:

I SO cannot wait until the actual CD arrives. I'd probably better stop listening to this. ...I'm on my third repeat of the album now. :innocent: OK! *turns off*

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2009, 10:45 pm 
Elf
Elf

I can't find it...o.o

Only 5 more days to go!

-ETA-

Jesusfreakhideout.com=awesome.
http://jesusfreakhideout.com/features/l ... party4.asp

Now, I shall scamper off to go listen to the awesomness. =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2009, 10:57 pm 
Istari
Istari

In honor of the 5 days left, I put up the Red set you made for me months ago that I've been saving for this moment. :-D I CAN'T WAITTTTT!!!!!!!! :bounce: :trampoline: :boing: :guitar: :psycho:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2009, 12:53 am 
Vala
Vala

I've made at least... four people listen to the new album now, and two of them already ordered it. :teehee: I just can't resist!

Nice job on Rose's banner, Estel! :) We all should do some sort of three-way Red battle sometime. :teehee:

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2009, 12:58 am 
Elf
Elf

Yaay!!

And I couldn't resist writing a song-by-song review of my own. I'm still in a daze...

Fight Inside--No matter how often I hear it on the radio, I can't get over the intro to this song. Pretty music...HEADBANG! The use of contrast in the lyrics is really good. I love the bridge! A really strong intro track that sets the stage for the awesomeness that is to come.

Death Of Me--Okay, the harmonies in this song are nothing short of amazing. It reminds me of a movie score. The beat is different, but very good. And the chorus is one of those choruses that will get stuck in your head and refuse to get out--which isn't bad in the least. =D I wish more hard rock bands would use screaming the same way RED does--instead of overpowering the music and the melodies, they use screaming to enhance it. It blends in perfectly and sounds awesome. I also love the background vocals that start after the second verse and go into the outro. The outro itself is beautiful and very emotional.

Mystery Of You--Awesome intro--they have a really talented drummer! The lyrics and music are heartbreakingly beautiful, and the chorus is just epic. All the lyrics so far have been really breathtaking, and they hit me on a very personal level. It's as if they took the last few years of my walk with God and translated it into music...this song had me in tears. I love the theme of having hope, even when all the forces of darkness seem to be up against you. (Personally, the song put John 16:22 into my head...) I love the simple refrain of "Don't go", almost screamed...it's so emotional and desperate.

Start Again--A slower song, but that's perfectly alright because RED's ballads are just as amazing as their heavy songs. Amazing lyrics as always...it's one of those "Wow, I've felt like that before!" songs. (Well, all of RED's music is like that, but you get the point.)

Never Be The Same--The acoustic intro is a very different sound for RED, but they make it work wonders. This is a very radio-friendly song, yet it doesn't lose the theme or sound of the album. Another song with lyrics that hit really hard, at least for the season of life that I'm going through right now. (I can't just walk away/'cause after loving you/I can never be the same...)

Confession (What's Inside My Head)--The heaviness picks up again with Confession. The beat in this song is another really good one. I actually think I like the melody of the verses better than the chorus, but the song flows together really well. And if you haven't noticed by now, I just can't get over how amazing the lyrics in Innocence & Instinct are! Their songwriting has really improved since End Of Silence, which was a very difficult album to top. RED succeeded, though--is there nothing this band can't do?

Shadows--I love the intro on this song also. It kind of reminds me of KoRn. If I didn't need headphones to listen to it I would definately be headbanging. Again, the lyrics really stand out and hit you...the chorus is amazing. I really can't put it any better than RED themselves, so I shall obsess a little and type it out. (There's a hate inside of me like some kind of master/I'm trying to save(?) you but I can't find the answer/I'm holding onto you, I'll never let go/I need you with me as I enter the shadows.) And the heavy guitar at the end of the chorus, with the eerie vocalizing is wonderful. I really want to headbang now...This is really a jewel of a song. It's not often that you find a good headbanging song with epic electric/string-sounding background music and an uplifting chorus.

Ordinary World--So, this might be a little biased since I've never heard the origanal song that RED covered here, but I think they did an excellent job. The background music is beautiful, and so are the vocals. The song itself has a very melancholy but lovely feel to it.

Out From Under--Probably their heaviest song yet, with amazing guitar work and a lot of screaming, but they don't lose the melodic element that makes RED the band that it is. From what I can make out of the lyrics, this is another one of those very deep, hard-hitting song. And it sounds amazing. The outro took me by surprise! I really like it though. Just when you think it's slowing down, at the end of the song...BAM!

Take It All Away--The perfect song to wrap everything up. It's slow, but has a VERY haunting melody. Do I detect some Renaissance influence? My only complaint is that the vocals are quiet, and I can't make out most of the lyrics on the verse...but I'm sure that's nothing that a few more listens can't mend. This is another song where the harmonies are brilliant...and I can't go on enough about how hauntingly beautiful the music is. It's a simple song, but that's where it's strength lies: in the strong, raw emotion. If Take It All Away doesn't pull at your heartstrings, then nothing will. It's another song that will leave you crying on your knees, reminding you just how important God is. And then the tempo picks up after a while, and heavier guitars come in, similar to (*fin) at the end of Anberlin's Cities album. This song is so rich with emotion...and then it just fades away, leaving you breathless.

SR, I can't wait until you get the album so we can hear your thoughts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2009, 5:43 pm 
Istari
Istari

^Like (*fin)? Ok, I'll love Take It All Away, then. :-D Fin is one of the most creative songs ever, and is just so....I dunno, different! I have no idea what the lyrics mean, but that adds to the mystery of it. And if Take It All Away is like that....:swoon:

So, of the songs I've heard so far: (I'm trying to save the rest for when I have the actual cd. Trying very hard ish I. :-P)

Fight Inside: When I first heard this intro, I almost had a heart attack. Even now, I still get chills! I always end up rocking out to the pounding guitar in the beginning, and his voice has only gotten better. The chorus is impeccable, and...wow, did I mention the guitars? :drool: I love the darker lyrics, since I have a weakness for that sort of thing, even though it completely contradicts my personality. :-P

Death of Me: I have to say I'm not completely in love with this song. When I first heard it, I didn't react quite like I did with the other songs. However, the intro is to die for!!! I'm not too much for the verses, although the chorus is perfectly luscious. I always get chills when he sings, "I know I could never prove this illusion-You aren't the one that I thought you were-So I learn to embrace this illusion (and I can't make out the rest)" Not their best, but for anyone else, it would make history. :)

Mystery of You: Oh, the intro!!! (Red has the best intros I've ever heard) The guitar sounds fairly similar to Fight Inside in the beginning, and his voice.....the background and layers are awesome!! I'm totally in love with anything this minor, and this is second only to Shadows for me.

Never Be The Same: At first I thought they were trying to make another Pieces, and I wasn't too fond of this song. After the 4th listening, I finally fell in love. This song is just....lovely! It can be taken in so many ways, and now represents A/E to me thanks to our epic A/E battle. :-P It could equally be taken to be about God.

Shadows: This, to me, is the best song I've heard so far. The intro doesn't do much for me, but oh, when it starts....*drowns in everything and doesn't even try to breathe* As I'm listening to it now, chills are just sweeping all over me. This...is my song. This is my perfect song, and is everything I could ever ask for from Red. I don't see how they can do better than this!

So, I've heard half of the album and I'm in love so far! Can't wait to hear the rest! :bounce:

A three way Red battle? Awesome idea! Except...there are virtually no good Red pictures or anything. :confused: I've tried looking for Innocence and Instinct stuff, and can't find anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2009, 6:11 pm 
Vala
Vala

*bounces* It's so fun to read your reviews! :-D My full one won't be up for a few days. One reason why I love reading your reviews is because I agree with you both so well that it's creepy. :teehee:

Yesterday I messaged Red and asked them what their philosophy on putting Christian themes into songs was, because I was curious. They wrote me a personal note today, which was quite brief, but basically the important thing is that they told me "all of our song are written with Christian themes because that is who we are." Which is good, because basically I was afraid I was reading too much spiritual value into some of their songs, but apparently I'm not.

Rose: I was thinking more that maybe we could each make a graphic using lyrics, with a round for each song on Innocence and Instinct. The pictures wouldn't have to be Red - they could be any fandom or stock or whatever. Just an idea.

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2009, 6:19 pm 
Istari
Istari

Oh, I know! We're all triplets in some way or another. :-D We're all so much alike. :hug:

That's amazing! Sometimes I can't see the Christian themes in there since there songs are so dark lyric wise, which I love. It's great to know they're still holding true to their faith!

That makes so much more sense. Doing that didn't even occur to me! :duh: haha I'm currently in the middle of 2 battles (as always) but I'm sure I can make time for another to celebrate the new cd. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2009, 6:24 pm 
Vala
Vala

It's awesome. :yes: :hug:

Yes, it made me quite happy. :) Honestly, the darker lyrics make it easier for me to see the Christian themes, but that's partly just because of the things God has done in my life. I hardly even think of it as being dark anymore.

I'm not doing any battles, so I'm graphic-making deprived. :teehee: If Estel wants to do it, I'd be ready to start whenever you two are.

EDIT: Majorly freaking out right now. I just found out that Red and Skillet will be doing a show together about two hours away from me, 10 days before my birthday (in April). I already knew Skillet was playing then, and had been planning to go, but now am SERIOUSLY pushing it. After all, I'll be turning 18; I need to do something special, right? Seeing the two best bands in the history of Christian rock would definitely qualify. :-P

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 7th, 2009, 12:47 am 
Elf
Elf

^Skillet and Red together? That has got to be amazing!

And AF, you read my mind. =D I would love to do a three-way Innocence & Instinct battle with you and Rose! :bounce:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 7th, 2009, 11:46 am 
Vala
Vala

I know! Save that I'd probably need neck surgery afterwards from headbanging so hard. :lol: Not to mention having my face rocked off. :teehee:

Yay! :) Doing a battle with you two would be like a dream come true. :happy: *is excited*

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 7th, 2009, 11:49 am 
Istari
Istari

Both? In the same concert????? :swoon: Oh, goodness, I'm so happy for you! I'm going to demand all the details after you go. Oh, and any pictures you can get will be awesome. :-P Btw, I have some Skillet pictures lying around form one of their concerts. :)

I'm thinking we should start our epic battle on the 10th, to celebrate the awesomeness that has just been unleashed. :yes: We should seriously make a three way set, like one of us starts it, sends the JPEG to another person, and we just continue it until it's done! If any of you are interested in doing that, I'm free most of today and probably all of tomorrow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next