Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Emilie Autumn
PostPosted: April 24th, 2011, 4:45 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Any Emilie Autumn fans here? I've been listening for about three years, and she's my all-time favorite. Her violin skills are amazing, and the sound is incredibly imaginative, not to mention the lyrics...

And forget the bitter side of Pain

Post subject: Re: Emilie Autumn
PostPosted: April 25th, 2011, 12:04 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Me, me! She's amazing. I have to say that genre-wise, I like her style from the Enchant days more than the victoriandustrialism of Opheliac...but I like some tracks from Opheliac as well :) My all-time favorite song of hers is Epilogue: What If (between the regular version and the Blackbird Mix, it has 109 plays in my library...I'm kind of fond of it :teehee: ).

I'm actually fairly surprised whenever I find someone else who listens to her -she's a bit obscure, which is sad!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 25th, 2011, 1:21 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Aww…. I love “What If”! The part where she starts singing “You don’t know me….” takes my breath away. I’m trying to learn to play/sing it on my piano, but it gets super hard after the second verse (at least for an amateur pianist like myself).

Personally, I’d have to say my favorite is “Swallow.” Though I’m not usually one for the swearing, this song is just….fantastic. The lyrics are very special and personal to me, and the orchestral music at the end just about makes me cry. I have equal love for her different styles, but there is something very special about her Enchant work. It appeals to me in a very special way. Oh, have you heard “Faces Like Mine?” It’s not released on any of her CD’s, but it’s also one of my favorites. And, of course, I love “Opheliac.” When I first heard the line “Studies show: intelligent girls are more depressed because they know what the world is really like” I felt like something had hit me in the face. Of course, I feel like that a lot when listening to her music. A friend introduced me three years ago, and it’s all very personal.

I feel the same way. Hardly anyone has heard of her. But, it seems to me, that the fanbase she does have is generally fairly devoted. Some to almost excessive lengths sometimes.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2011, 10:40 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Yeah, I think I know what you mean. It sounds kind of midi-ish sometimes, I think. I totally understand that. She has some masterpieces though. Like "Misery Loves Company..." The orchestration in the background is amazing---you can tell she knows her stuff! But the bass at the beginning does sound midi-like, which annoys me. From what I understand, she does almost everything by herself? I guess that's part of the reason. Hopefully she'll improve on that in her next album.

I like Rose Red too. "♪No one wants to hurt me but everybody tries♫"...

PostPosted: August 27th, 2011, 11:16 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Yes! Not the only plauge rat who's more LotR obessesed than Emilie. :jawdrop: She is my obsolute favourite artist... ever. I've been listening to her for... oh... nelly... I dont even know how long, but I can't wait for FLAG. :bounce: Anyone here have seen her live? Also, anyone here on the Asylum?

http://roleplayultimum.proboards.com/index.cgi

http://kyototig.posterous.com/shop-bann ... nd-baubles

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2011, 11:39 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Seriously. Emilie Autumn's music makes my world go round. It's her voice, her orchestrations that play through my head....all the time. I doubt there's been very many days (if any) since I first listened to her music on May 2, 2008, that I've not thought of it, sang it....

I haven't seen her live. I'm a pretty conservative person (I know, contradiction much?) so I don't know if the show would be the right place for me. I really want to go, someday, just because Emilie's my idol and I want to see her in person just to convince myself that she's real. She's so much a part of my head that usually I'm not certain.

I'm excited for FLAG as well. The lyrics are making me excited. My favorite would be "I used to have a home, now I don't even have a name." Emilie's lyrics (her whole persona, really) have a way with relating to me in an extremely personal way. For example, you know the crossed out hearts she draws? Those are a very powerful symbol to me, one I've been drawing since before I knew they were hers. The lyrics of hers that I quoted are almost a direct quote from an rp I did with a friend right around the time I started listening to EA, a time that's impacted my life immensely. This is all very special to me.

I'm on the Asylum Forum! My username there is Shalottism (are there rules against me saying this?).

And forget the bitter side of Pain

PostPosted: September 5th, 2011, 4:21 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I think the most that'll happen is that this thread gets moved. I'm the one with the stolen Return of the Rings banner :)

I saw her live this march that's just gone by (on the Ides no less) and it was a great dream pf mine. n fact i went home and crossed it off my Bucket List. But on stage they all look ten feet tall on stage. You'd never guess the height they actually are. :-D

http://roleplayultimum.proboards.com/index.cgi

http://kyototig.posterous.com/shop-bann ... nd-baubles